gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:36:41 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I've been here a year  (Read 11378 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2014, 02:47:32 PM »

Hello, kind people, my name is Josh.

I realized I had never actually introduced myself, so I just decided to wait for the day to mark a year of my being here. So, I had planned writing this yesterday, as June 24 actually marks an entire year, but that obviously didn't happen. For once, a social life actually impeded upon my time here, something I dearly wish would happen more often. Here's what I was doing instead, captured with the bright flash of an iPhone:

Sitting in the back of a car with my (in this photo) rather creepy-looking friend, Tovy. She has a fun name to make up nicknames for, like Tovlerone and Bon Tovi. Feel free to submit your own! I'll try them out, see what works. She hates "Tovlerone".

Anyway, this has been a fun year, and it's been cool to be here. The Beach Boys becoming a main conversation topic for me hasn't helped my already tragic social skills, but there was no hope for me regardless. I've certainly learned a lot of information that I'll probably never be able to use elsewhere, and this wonderful band has certainly cemented themselves into my brain. Although, it's not like they're not worth it. I was listening to Wild Honey yesterday - a thoroughly enjoyable album - and realized that this is, without a doubt, one of my favorite bands - perhaps my #1. My favorite period being 1967-1969: the "wilderness years".

This year has certainly seemed to go by fast, helped along by some really great people amongst the many members here. It's been fun to talk to and get to know you all, and many have become good friends of mine. With recently graduating high school, I have a tremendous amount of time on my hands, so it's nice to have some place to go with people I can talk to.

Anyway, here's to another year here. There have been some incredibly petty arguments, but I hope you know that I love all of you. Yes, even you.

P.S. - Thanks to Jay (PPTug), Judd, Egohanger, Runnersdialzero, Swedish Frog, Smile Brian, RangeRoverA1, Empire of Love, Hypehat, Woodstock, Rocky Raccoon, Freddie French-Pounce, Lowbacca, the Captain, Ovi, Rab2591, Smile-Holland, feelsflow, OregonRiverRider, Mikie, and genepatricks for all being wonderful people to talk to.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 03:05:49 PM »

What an incredibly touching post.

Oh wait. I am not one of the "wonderful people".

Grin
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 03:10:59 PM »

Cheers, mate. As hot-tempered a place this can be at times I've met some wonderful people and made close friends in my year and a bit of being here. I'd like especially to thank Mr. Waves, Woodstock, Swedish Frog, hypehat, SMiLE Brian, rab2591, Lowbacca, Freddie French Pounce, Rocky Raccoon, and Empire of Love for all being fellow satirists.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »

What an incredibly touching post.

Oh wait. I am not one of the "wonderful people".

Grin

I'm sorry, Pixletwin. With all the people I had to list, I was bound to miss a few names.
In all honesty, the people I listed are the ones I've had numerous conversations with through private messages and the like.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:54:50 PM by Down by the banks of the Hanky Panky » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »

It's been a great year Josh!:)

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »

T'was in jest. I look for any excuse I can to post the Peter Dinklage gif.  LOL
bluesno1fann
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »

Congrats on your 1 year milestone, Josh!

Despite our ups and downs, I quite enjoy your posts, and hope the next year would be even better!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »

Congratulations! this really is a great forum to be a part of  Cheesy.  Even though we've argued a couple of times I still have learned a lot from you  Smiley

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »

Smiley Smile is the most active, lively, informative band forum I've ever been apart of. It's a privilege to share it with such great members. No matter where we all go in life, I hope we always have a Beach Boys forum to keep us all connected. It's been great chatting with you Josh, and the rest of the members.

This next year, with the promise of a new BW album, movie, and even a Club Kokomo Lounge experience, will be one for the books.

PS Josh that shirt you have on in that picture is flippin class.

@Judd, satire is alive and well again thanks to the efforts put forth by you fine reputable gentlemen.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 01:44:35 AM »

Tover the Rainbow?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 04:02:44 AM »

Happy anniversary, Josh!

Please delete my account
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 10:17:46 AM »

Hi all,

Congratulations Josh!!!
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 01:22:46 PM »

Hey Josh,  One year huh?...well, what better time to create a Welcome Page?  It's like being on the same level as the Honored Guests and Special People in Beach Boys' history.  Like having your own place to say whatever you want.  A soapbox not a sandbox full of poo.  A place to argue points where hardly anybody ever comes, so you always win the argument.  All that and more...  So, say anything you like.  The Mods will not move it.  You're the MOD here - just a 1960's Mod, don't get a big head, they might remove that. Cool Guy  Even Marc's f***-off gif, you can add more of those.  I love that btw.  I want one on my page.  What did that come from?  I don't know Dinklage's career that well, other than Game of Thrones...and mmm...oh yeah, an old movie, Death at a Funeral.  I really don't watch much tv or movies.  It's music that matters, and Smiley Smile.net is the best place to discuss that online.  And in the past few months I've discovered some really great musicians that also like to post on their favorite music.  Been fun for me too.
I haven't quite reached the one year mark, and there is no way I'll ever catch up to your post numbers, but mine are always Longer - damn it!
You were one of the first to welcome me here, and I will always appreciate that.  I've enjoyed watching you discover many of the same bands and artists that I was drawn to at your age.  Glad to be postin' with fine folks like you.  Now Get Busy, I need ten new posts by 25 O'clock. Razz

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »

Awesome post, josh

I've ben here 8 years, joined here when I was 15 and the time has flown by

It's unbelievable how active and up to date with news this place is. Just shows how te beach boys music had touched our lives.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 02:56:04 AM »

Missed this post, thanks for mentioning me, Josh! I've enjoyed your contributions to the forum throughout the year.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 03:17:15 AM »

Hi, Josh.

Can't believe it's been tovy a year since we first met. You rokk.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 03:23:57 AM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 03:29:12 AM »

Swedish frog is a pun genius!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 09:44:49 AM »

Hey Josh,  Looks like the Cake is on fire!!  Happy Birthday to my good buddy.

Go out and have some fun.

All the Best,  Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 12:01:45 AM »

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Sorry it took me a little while to get back to you.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 06:24:46 PM »

Hey, now I've been here for two years.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx