gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 06:58:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl in Omaha, NE  (Read 2057 times)
windchimes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »

Hey guys,

Ok, I read somewhere once that Carl made a trip to Nebraska, somewhere in or outside of Omaha. I think it said that he was writing tunes there with some guys or something. Is this true? If so, where was he, and what was he doing there? Carl is my favorite Beach Boy and I live in the great state of Nebraksa, so I am totally interested. Thanks folks!

Windchimes
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 05:53:48 AM »

Hey guys,

Ok, I read somewhere once that Carl made a trip to Nebraska, somewhere in or outside of Omaha. I think it said that he was writing tunes there with some guys or something. Is this true? If so, where was he, and what was he doing there? Carl is my favorite Beach Boy and I live in the great state of Nebraksa, so I am totally interested. Thanks folks!

Windchimes

Aside from the many Beach Boys concerts he played in Omaha, Lincoln, and the surrounding area, Carl was here in '91 or so to record backup vocals for America's American Gramophone release at Chip Davis' studio.

C-Man
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 05:56:24 AM »

He may also have gotten together in Omaha with America's Gerry Beckley and Chicago's Robert Lamm to do rehearsals or demos for their "Beckley-Lamm-Wilson" project, but I don't believe any of the final tracks for that album were recorded here.

C-Man
windchimes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 01:57:35 PM »

He may also have gotten together in Omaha with America's Gerry Beckley and Chicago's Robert Lamm to do rehearsals or demos for their "Beckley-Lamm-Wilson" project, but I don't believe any of the final tracks for that album were recorded here.

C-Man

Cool, any idea what year this would have been? Is there recordings out there of this project? Seeing how I love Chicago and America, and am the biggest Beach Boy fan there is, how could I go wrong?

Thanks c-man
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 01:59:33 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004TQS5/ref=m_art_pr_1/002-3654341-1842458?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=5174

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 02:17:31 PM »

C-Man

Cool, any idea what year this would have been? Is there recordings out there of this project? Seeing how I love Chicago and America, and am the biggest Beach Boy fan there is, how could I go wrong?

Thanks c-man

They worked on this album intermittently through the early-to-mid nineties.  It was finally released in 2000, a couple of years after Carl's passing.  I think the Japanese version has an extra track.

C-Man
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx