gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:29:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whoa, Brian got fat quickly  (Read 2885 times)
DrZombi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2014, 07:46:00 AM »

Seriously, seeing pictures of him in '62/'63 he looked pretty slim, then by '64 he was already chubby and it only got worse each year. Carl got a bit more chubby over the years too, but not as badly as Brian.

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 07:56:37 AM »

Too much hanging around the 'wich stand.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 09:01:50 AM »

Carl began with the BBs chubby and progressively got skinnier. He and Brian switched places, in the 60 anyway

KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 10:51:50 AM »

Stress makes some people overeat.  He also had a more sedentary lifestyle as he got older. He was a multi-sport athlete in high school and that may have kept the weight from creeping up. Looking at Murry, and the fact that both Carl and Brian resemble him, it was in their genes to have a tendency to get fat.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 11:11:52 AM »

Stress makes some people overeat.  He also had a more sedentary lifestyle as he got older. He was a multi-sport athlete in high school and that may have kept the weight from creeping up. Looking at Murry, and the fact that both Carl and Brian resemble him, it was in their genes to have a tendency to get fat.

Both Brian and Carl, more Brian, have gone back and forth many times. Brian especially from '91, when he was downright skinny, to '95 or so. Big difference, but not bigger than '79 to '82, when Brian went from not bad to morbidly obese.
Especially notable is the Summer Days (and Summer Nights!) album cover, where Brian looks pretty good. But in an outtake shot, you see he was considerably heavier. Perhaps airbrushing or Brian holding his stomach in for the released shot.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 11:19:38 AM »

I don't think Dennis ever got too heavy, despite all the alcohol he consumed. I think, with his restlessness, his metabolism might have been faster.
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »

Not trying to say anything definitive here about any of the Wilsons, but food/eating definitely can be an addiction.  And it can be a whackamole thing -- my father was a serious alcoholic and when he got sober he picked up the ice cream and eventually got obese.  Alcohol, drugs, sex, money, food...it wouldn't be too far a leap to say the Wilson brothers had addictive tendencies in these areas.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »

I've always thought, looking at late 60s/early 70s photos that Dennis may have had an eating disorder. He looks so skinny in a lot of them and I have often wondered whether he suffered from a bit of anorexia/bulimia? Or could it have been the drug taking? I'd be interested to know how he got so skinny.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 06:54:49 PM »

yes, people's weight fluctuates. is it really that shocking?

brilliant thread title. thanks  Roll Eyes
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 07:07:59 PM »

I don't think Dennis ever got too heavy, despite all the alcohol he consumed. I think, with his restlessness, his metabolism might have been faster.

He was starting to bloat during the last year or two of his life.

Brian got really big again in 1995, but lost weight a year or two later. He looks a bit smaller than he did a couple of years ago, but I think his back troubles may be preventing him from losing some of the excess weight.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 08:10:31 PM »

Someone more knowledgeable about this than me :

What do you think about Brian's general... 'healthy' weight being tied to Dr. Landy? 

Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »

I know a few people with eating addictions. As long as their "healthy" eating patterns are motivated by external sources, they have a tendency to fluctuate wildly. Binge dieting (to get down to that perfect dress size or to prove themselves to others) ends up being followed by binge eating when the result they were hoping for doesn't materialize and they become depressed. Somewhere along the line they have to decide to just lose weight for their own personal well being. Otherwise, the self discipline just isn't there.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:15 PM »

yes, people's weight fluctuates. is it really that shocking?

brilliant thread title. thanks  Roll Eyes
For once, I agree with you, Mr. roo.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 07:14:50 PM »

Has anybody noticed that at one point the hair from Mike Love's head migrated down to his chin and then disappeared forever?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx