-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2018, 12:24:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Cats
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cats  (Read 42805 times)
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 09, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »

Oh, no, Jay. How terrible. It is one thing to lose a sick cat, but the shock of suddenly finding her bloody and gone must be even worse. 
There is really nothing I know to say that will help, but know that you are not alone in your mourning.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 09, 2018, 04:32:32 PM »

Any cat death is devastating. Didn't know Jay had cat. Sympathies go to survivors of that cat.

2Buckethead: you replied to NBBF by agreeing that cats wouldn't be described as nurturing types. To rephrase what you said, isn't it sweet that cats differ than dogs? Isn't cats' aloofness adorable? :D Don't tell no. police Cats don't nurture as dogs. So what? Why should they, ha?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Fruits hate berries but berries hate pickers. (Simon Simple "Every Fool's Gardening Guide")

Everything big, in truth, is just little in disguise. (Truths. Tome 50)
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 09, 2018, 05:24:18 PM »

RRA1 - I do appreciate the differences between cats and dogs. Yes, Kittie aloofness is adorable.  i have had a couple, however, who were quite like dogs in this regard, probably because they were raised my family from a few days old. I also like when cats are aloof but they cannot stand
it when they think a person (or dog) is the same.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2018, 12:43:21 AM »

Face it, Buckethead, cats better than dogs. 3D

Which music do your cats like to listen?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Fruits hate berries but berries hate pickers. (Simon Simple "Every Fool's Gardening Guide")

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 10, 2018, 03:34:38 PM »

I really love cats and dogs equally. My kitties seem to enjoy my kids' Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Cannibal Corpse songs. This is probably because it is played at a decibel level that is physically stimulating and they start scratching furniture. Or, maybe it makes them nervous and that is why they scratch? Hard to tell. They don't react one way or another to Beach Boys music. Do your cats have favorite musc? How in the world do you tell what they like/don't like?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 10, 2018, 06:23:16 PM »

When people say they like this & this equally, it doesn't make sense. Ditto when people say they love their whole fam. I don't, frankly, get it. By my logic, it's impossible. There must be favorite fam members & everybody else you don't much care about. Now, treating everybody equally, this IS possible & should be.

Cat's favorite music is classical music, esp. piano. & he likes symphonies, esp. mellow. To tell if cat likes/ dislikes music is very easy - likes, starts blinking eyes in relaxed way; dislikes, cat starts being anxious. Just look at cat's face, I'd say.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 11, 2018, 01:51:36 PM »

To Jay - I'm so sorry about the loss of your cat. :-(

Cats are fascinating - they can be so sweet, then suddenly turn "wild", showing that they are not nearly as domesticated as dogs. A dog will obey me if I tell him to do something. A cat will ignore me unless there's something in it for her.
My cats haven't seemed to react to music, other than not liking anything with flutes.
My dog doesn't like The Piper at the Gates of Dawn album.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: