-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 08:48:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Cats
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cats  (Read 32842 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 03, 2017, 04:03:34 AM »

Fameows (& not too fameows) pawple ameowt cats: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/cats

Favorites:

“There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — music and cats.”
― Albert Schweitzer

“I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.”
― Winston S. Churchill

“A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.”
― Ernest Hemingway

“The smallest feline is a masterpiece.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

“Meow” means “woof” in cat.”
― George Carlin

“I love them, they are so nice and selfish. Dogs are TOO good and unselfish. They make me feel uncomfortable. But cats are gloriously human.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

“when I am feeling
low
all i have to do is
watch my cats
and my
courage
returns”
― Charles Bukowski

“Indeed, organizing atheists has been compared to herding cats, because they tend to think independently and will not conform to authority.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

“A happy arrangement: many people prefer cats to other people, and many cats prefer people to other cats.”
― Mason Cooley

“If you make a fool of yourself in front of a cat, he will sneer at you, if you are sober; he will leave the room if you are drunk. If you make a fool of yourself in front a dog, he will make a fool of himself, too.”
― Chuck Jones

“Opinions are like kittens," he commented. "People are always giving them away.”
― Elizabeth Bear, Ad Eternum

“Cats will be cats.”
― Morrissey, Autobiography

“The cat is such a perfect symbol of beauty and superiority that it seems scarcely possible for any true aesthete and civilised cynic to do other than worship it.”
― H.P. Lovecraft, Cats and Dogs

“Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.”
― Jeff Valdez

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post in SmileySmile.

Quote from: Some chap in Beatles picture
I BROOK NO DENIAL.

"Faultily faultless, icily regular, splendidly null." - Edmund Swettenham citates Lord Alfred Tennyson in "Murder Is Announced" by Agatha Christie.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 27, 2017, 03:11:51 AM »

Disregard dumb "look like humans" lists, this is THE human, looks familiar, don't you think? It could be your buddy, neighbor, local youth, ancestor, grandpa, grandpa's brother, your brother, even father. He's many people to everybody. To me, he bears resemblance to Anton Chekhov & Frank Zappa:

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post in SmileySmile.

I BROOK NO DENIAL.

"Faultily faultless, icily regular, splendidly null." - Edmund Swettenham citates Lord Alfred Tennyson in "Murder Is Announced" by Agatha Christie.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Perhaps I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 27, 2017, 05:08:15 AM »

Disregard dumb "look like humans" lists, this is THE human, looks familiar, don't you think? It could be your buddy, neighbor, local youth, ancestor, grandpa, grandpa's brother, your brother, even father. He's many people to everybody. To me, he bears resemblance to Anton Chekhov & Frank Zappa:

That's not a photoshopped image? Wow. Yes, FZ----the beard, lol. What a curious looking cat!

"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 27, 2017, 10:28:47 AM »

RR, what your cat really reminded me of was this, posted long ago on the now-defunct Capitol BB MB. Regrettably it's the spitting image of a colleague's then boyfriend, whom I'd met at a work get-together at the time:

SCaroline Z
Smiley Smile Associate

My density has popped me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2017, 10:31:31 AM »

Salvador Dali.

I once had a dream, so I packed up and split for the city.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 27, 2017, 10:50:18 AM »

Salvador Dali.

Yes!----and there's a cat connection:

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 29, 2017, 02:25:33 AM »

Regrettably in this case means it's rather unfortunate
Ha! What's the difference? Idk, it doesn't seem big deal that some random guy - colleague's boyfriend! - looks like ugly dogman. Why care?

That's not a photoshopped image?
No - it's cat breed that's mixture of 2 pure breeds, hence the weirdness. The dog is clearly photoshopped. & why regret? It's not your boyfriend.

Salvador Dali.
3D Btw, to mention my favorite show again, both Dali & Zappa guested in "What's My Line?". Type "what's my line [name]".
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:37:39 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

I BROOK NO DENIAL.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 29, 2017, 03:38:21 AM »

No - it's cat breed that's mixture of 2 pure breeds, hence the weirdness. The dog is clearly photoshopped. & why regret? It's not your boyfriend.

Regrettably in this case means it's rather unfortunate----that's all. No, it's not my boyfriend----it's not even my dog. Grin

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: