-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Cats
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cats  (Read 198527 times)
Scaroline No
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2017, 08:13:31 AM »

I'm home from work today, sick. These two could be snuggling with me to make me feel better, but nope. Maybe if I go back to bed.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2017, 08:45:22 AM »

Corrected picture clockwise: 

Charming pair. Where's details? Tell everything! police - name, age, breed, whims & quirks etc.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2017, 09:01:53 AM »

I'm home from work today, sick. These two could be snuggling with me to make me feel better, but nope. Maybe if I go back to bed.

Get well soon, SCZ. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Scaroline No
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2017, 09:07:08 AM »

Oh I didn't even realize it posted sideways, LOL! I did it from my phone and it displayed upright there. Thanks for correcting that Smiley

The story of these two goes thusly:

Mimi is the brown one. She's 10 years old, my first cat. Got her when she was about a year old, from a friend who couldn't keep her and needed to find her a new home. So she came to live with me. Loves to talk, sometimes at night very loudly, LOL. She's aware of everything. Back when we lived in an apartment building, she did everything she could to wake me up one night. Finally I got up and she lead me to the door. Opened it to hear that a smoke alarm was going off in one of the other units, but not for the main building. I went and got the superintendent and he went into the unit to find smoke. We all had to go outside and wait for the fire dept. to give us the call clear to go back in. But Mimi saved us that night!

The orange one is Penny-Lane. She's 5 years old, and was actually sent to us on an airplane from Manitoba, where a friend's cat had babies and she just wanted to get them to good homes. So she came to us as a very small kitten (8 weeks old) and I thought Mimi would maybe play mother to her, but didn't. Wasn't mean to her either, just kind of ignored her and hoped she would go away (I assume, lol).

Penny is more affectionate than Mimi and less meowy, but she's a bit of a bully to Mimi. Mimi is a doormat and lets Penny do anything she wants, including steal her food. Cat dinner time involves lots of watching of these two, and diverting Penny's attention so that Mimi can finish her dinner in peace. They don't always get along. But sometimes I catch them snuggling each other and that makes up for their "disagreements".

As far as breed, I think they are both mixed, of no particular lineage. They both have tabbyish markings so that's about it. Neither came from a breeder. Penny as I mentioned was born on a farm in Manitoba, and Mimi's origins are unknown - my friend bought her from a pet store. I try not to think of the conditions she might have come from. But she's happy now Smiley
Scaroline No
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2017, 09:08:04 AM »

Get well soon, SCZ. :=)
Thanks, JK. A touch of the flu I think. Everything aches. Here's hoping it's over quickly.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2017, 08:58:36 PM »

Cool pawst! Thanks, SCaroline Z!

"Penny Lane" is among favorite Beatles songs (I tend to like Paul's songs), sounds catchy as name. :D

Did you buy them baskets? Sleep in your room? Any cat furniture? Cat toys? Is Mimi docile now that she's big or been like that since she lives with you? Do you let them walk outdoors? Would like to chat (funnily, "chat" is French word for cat).

Regarding flu, it'll pass.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Scaroline No
« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2017, 01:12:08 PM »

Cool pawst! Thanks, SCaroline Z!

"Penny Lane" is among favorite Beatles songs (I tend to like Paul's songs), sounds catchy as name. :D

Did you buy them baskets? Sleep in your room? Any cat furniture? Cat toys? Is Mimi docile now that she's big or been like that since she lives with you? Do you let them walk outdoors? Would like to chat (funnily, "chat" is French word for cat).

Regarding flu, it'll pass.
Ahhh I missed your reply, sorry about that. Spent the last couple days mostly sleeping but now I'm back at work. My eyes are still heavy.

Penny-Lane is in fact named after one of the best Beatles songs! She came to us already named Penny, and I added the Lane. I think it suits her. Funny thing about Penny - she fetches like a dog. Not even kidding. If you throw something, like a little balled up piece of paper, she'll go get it and bring it back and drop it so it can be thrown again. This is a game she started doing on her own, no training. I've never known another cat who does that!

We don't have beds for them per se, but we have this giant "cat condo" that takes up way more space in the living room than we can afford to spare, LOL. They use it during the day but sleep on the bed with the humans at night. Mimi still gets up in the night to roam the house hollering, for reasons I will never understand. She knows where we are. But I would definitely she she's a very docile cat. She complains verbally a lot, but has never lashed out violently, not even when my little niece and nephews go after her. Totally submissive little furball.

They both stay inside. There are feral cats in the neighbourhood and some of them are in really heartbreaking condition. I leave food out for them and I've been hoping I could get close enough to one in particular so I can capture it to take it to the humane society, but I've been unsuccessful so far. So it seems safer to keep mine in - safer for them, and for whatever other little critters are around.

Do you let yours out? I know some people do. My grandmother has always let hers roam the neighbourhood and they always seem to take care of themselves. Maybe I'm just a scaredy cat, LOL.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2017, 02:40:33 AM »

The one on the right(our left lol) Is absolutely gorgeous.  Love I love the blue green eyes.  Smiley

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Scaroline No
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2017, 05:10:05 AM »

Thanks Jay! I was just glad to get a pic of her without her trademark scowl  Smiley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2017, 09:54:01 PM »

Ahhh I missed your reply, sorry about that. Spent the last couple days mostly sleeping but now I'm back at work. My eyes are still heavy.

Penny-Lane is in fact named after one of the best Beatles songs! She came to us already named Penny, and I added the Lane. I think it suits her. Funny thing about Penny - she fetches like a dog. Not even kidding. If you throw something, like a little balled up piece of paper, she'll go get it and bring it back and drop it so it can be thrown again. This is a game she started doing on her own, no training. I've never known another cat who does that!

We don't have beds for them per se, but we have this giant "cat condo" that takes up way more space in the living room than we can afford to spare, LOL. They use it during the day but sleep on the bed with the humans at night. Mimi still gets up in the night to roam the house hollering, for reasons I will never understand. She knows where we are. But I would definitely she she's a very docile cat. She complains verbally a lot, but has never lashed out violently, not even when my little niece and nephews go after her. Totally submissive little furball.

They both stay inside. There are feral cats in the neighbourhood and some of them are in really heartbreaking condition. I leave food out for them and I've been hoping I could get close enough to one in particular so I can capture it to take it to the humane society, but I've been unsuccessful so far. So it seems safer to keep mine in - safer for them, and for whatever other little critters are around.

Do you let yours out? I know some people do. My grandmother has always let hers roam the neighbourhood and they always seem to take care of themselves. Maybe I'm just a scaredy cat, LOL.
John would sing you've got "kaleidoscope eyes".

Do you play frisbee with Penny-Lane? Many cats dislike bathing. What tricks you use to bathe pair? Who is your girlie & who is your husband's? Or do you like cats both equally?

Stray cats should be adopted by good people.

At granny's we had 2 cats - Scamback & Moore Zik (at different times). They both were into adventures - the black & white Moore Zik liked scaring dogs, they stood there like ashamed. Then ran away. My grandpa has motor boat, like everybody in town. He goes fishing & sometimes we would go to summer house/ dacha. I put the Moore to my backpack to not leave him alone in the house. Then we get in the boat & v-room, the next thing we're in the dacha. We let the cat out to forest to eat berries & some grass. He really liked nature & very brave. He once fought with forest cat. The poor won but at the expense of his cute little nose to be wounded a little. Then as we finished picking berries & mushrooms, we were about to ride back home. Couldn't find the cat, so we left message to the neighbors' dacha - it was mother's classmate's - that if she finds him & goes to town, she bring him to us. To cut it short, the cat got back. He was put to sleep whopping 10 yrs ago since then.

The cat that lives now is mischievous & obedient. Stays indoors but is not couch potato, will find sth. to do. It's city, hence not allowed to go due to city dangers.

Scaroline No
« Reply #260 on: March 17, 2017, 04:06:32 PM »

John would sing you've got "kaleidoscope eyes".

Do you play frisbee with Penny-Lane? Many cats dislike bathing. What tricks you use to bathe pair? Who is your girlie & who is your husband's? Or do you like cats both equally?

Stray cats should be adopted by good people.

At granny's we had 2 cats - Scamback & Moore Zik (at different times). They both were into adventures - the black & white Moore Zik liked scaring dogs, they stood there like ashamed. Then ran away. My grandpa has motor boat, like everybody in town. He goes fishing & sometimes we would go to summer house/ dacha. I put the Moore to my backpack to not leave him alone in the house. Then we get in the boat & v-room, the next thing we're in the dacha. We let the cat out to forest to eat berries & some grass. He really liked nature & very brave. He once fought with forest cat. The poor won but at the expense of his cute little nose to be wounded a little. Then as we finished picking berries & mushrooms, we were about to ride back home. Couldn't find the cat, so we left message to the neighbors' dacha - it was mother's classmate's - that if she finds him & goes to town, she bring him to us. To cut it short, the cat got back. He was put to sleep whopping 10 yrs ago since then.

The cat that lives now is mischievous & obedient. Stays indoors but is not couch potato, will find sth. to do. It's city, hence not allowed to go due to city dangers.

Bathe them? Ha! Is it necessary unless they somehow become filthy? Thankfully I've never been in a situation where I needed to. They clean themselves! I dread the day I find them in need of a bath. I don't think either one would take it well. The only cat bath story I know is this: Penny-Lane's sister cat Iggy once jumped into a bucket of paint (so I'm told) and ran through my friend's house getting paint on everything before the cat was finally captured and hosed down in the tub. It was a traumatic day for all involved LOL

I had Mimi before I met my husband, so she is definitely my cat. Shes likes him enough to sit near him, but she will only sleep on me. To make up for it, Penny-Lane is his cat, all the way. She'll hang out with me when he's not around, but when he's home, she is either perched on his shoulder while he walks around or stretched out across his legs when he's sitting down. At night she sleeps on him. There is hardly a time when she's not attached to him in some way.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2017, 06:26:21 PM »

Yes, cats are super tidy but some people bathe them.

Iggy? She likes to pop? Joyful story, thanks.

What about frisbee? Do you play it with Penny-Lane? Mimi is definitely your type of cat, by way you described her she's girlie girl & Penny-Lane is flamboyant tomboy.

Hey, you, forgot this post? police  Reply fast. Additional question: What's the frequency going to the vet to check cats? Twice within year?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:49:06 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

magzies

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:40 AM »

I have three cats
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 19, 2017, 08:46:20 PM »

Me too!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 20, 2017, 02:42:49 AM »

he only cat bath story I know is this: Penny-Lane's sister cat Iggy once jumped into a bucket of paint (so I'm told) and ran through my friend's house getting paint on everything before the cat was finally captured and hosed down in the tub.

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Scaroline No
« Reply #265 on: March 21, 2017, 07:49:01 AM »

Do you play frisbee with Penny-Lane?

I guess I missed this one...

Frisbee as I know it is better played outside, and my cats stay in, so no, I've never played frisbee with them. I can just imagine the destruction if I tried that inside the house  LOL That's a pretty funny mental picture. Even though Penny is kind of a dog trapped in a cat's body, she probably would try to jump for it but I think she'd be pretty bad at catching it  Tongue
Scaroline No
« Reply #266 on: March 21, 2017, 09:01:33 AM »

Yes, cats are super tidy but some people bathe them.

Iggy? She likes to pop? Joyful story, thanks.

What about frisbee? Do you play it with Penny-Lane? Mimi is definitely your type of cat, by way you described her she's girlie girl & Penny-Lane is flamboyant tomboy.

Hey, you, forgot this post? police  Reply fast. Additional question: What's the frequency going to the vet to check cats? Twice within year?

Haha, I don't know if Iggy is named after Iggy Pop but I'll ask my friend about it Smiley That would be cool if she is, and a good name for her.

Generally trips to the vet happen once a year or so. Penny had to go in recently for an eye infection and she got a full check-up then too so she's good for awhile now. Mimi's turn is coming up. She has to get her rabies shot again.
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2017, 01:12:47 PM »

I'll return the favor, if it means anything.
I did reply to her cat question in "Welcome", it's been there maybe week, for her to catch it b4 deleting. Asked what her name sounds like - she didn't say, weirdly.

I should imagine it's Mah-ree but don't quote me on that. I've been pelted with rotten fruit for less. Grin 

I always thought of her name as Mare-e.
Sorry, Will. John's the right one here. Emphasis on the "mah" part, just for clarification. I am no Marie!

I'd like to inform the forum that our new roommate has a cat. He's quirky and lovely and adores yarn.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »

I'll return the favor, if it means anything.
I did reply to her cat question in "Welcome", it's been there maybe week, for her to catch it b4 deleting. Asked what her name sounds like - she didn't say, weirdly.

I should imagine it's Mah-ree but don't quote me on that. I've been pelted with rotten fruit for less. Grin 

I always thought of her name as Mare-e.
Sorry, Will. John's the right one here. Emphasis on the "mah" part, just for clarification. I am no Marie!

I'd like to inform the forum that our new roommate has a cat. He's quirky and lovely and adores yarn.

So you have two new roommates! Is the cat photogenic?  Cool Guy 

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 07, 2017, 03:34:07 PM »

Today, I captioned cat pics (2nd & 5th should be read from Right to Left):

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 11:47:26 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2017, 03:17:41 AM »

You're really weird, aren't you?

If anyone's not weird around here's, it's undercover-m. I should imagine Bubs is already on his way round to tweak your nose, RR.

This place is crawling with weirdos (including us, hahaha) but Mari isn't one of them.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 14, 2017, 10:16:34 PM »

See 5 new pics above (in 2nd & 5th, you read the dialog from the Right cat to the Left).

Easter Cat ate Easter Bunny & took its place:

If anyone's not weird around here's, it's undercover-m. I should imagine Bubs is already on his way round to tweak your nose, RR.
1st, What's "Bubs"? Then, does any car have nose to tweak it? Further, she is undercover, rmbr? She's not who she is - therefore, she *could* be weirdo. Evil
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:20:35 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2017, 06:03:27 PM »

Have been listening to "classic" 60s albums today, while cleaning up and packing for trip tomorrow.
One of the records was the Kinks' Are The Village Green Preservation Society

And one of the songs is "Phenomenal Cat". Hope y'all will enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rOjt2h1Gr8

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2017, 06:16:18 PM »

Spent most of the last year in Hong Kong and became not unreasonably attached to my flatmate's pets:

Absolute dumbasses the pair of them, but the sweetest kittens <3

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2017, 06:21:40 PM »

Those are cute cats! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: