-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:02:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Cats
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cats  (Read 198659 times)
Sandy Baby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2016, 06:21:56 PM »

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/26282086    

Smiley
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:47:18 PM by Sandy Baby » Logged

Listen, listen, listen...
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2016, 07:24:57 PM »

Nice cat photos. Especially 1st and last photos in first post. And last two in second.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2016, 08:21:56 PM »

RR, these pictures are absolutely precious. They are day brighteners that calm this soul who's been so stressed out over what has been happening in my country this past year.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »

I've had cats over the years prefer to put their paws into the food bowl, take out some and put on the floor, then eat it. Have always thought that this was just quirkiness on their part.
Now, I've just found out something. Mr Fuzzy doesn't do that to be funny, cute, etc. He does it - due to Whisker Stress!
Poor baby. The bowls are not quite wide enough for his face, and when his whiskers touch the bowl it's very uncomfortable for him.
No wonder he always seems to prefer if the food is put on a flat plate.
Learn something new every day.

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2016, 05:28:02 AM »

"I'm the Pied Piper"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 06:37:17 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2016, 06:29:00 AM »

Cat pics with BBs caption

"Disney girls"
"Cuddle up"
"Darlin'"
"A casual look"
"Friends"
"Catch a wave"

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2016, 06:34:25 AM »

"Add some music to your day"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:03:52 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2016, 06:36:52 AM »

Great pictures!

Why do cats (or at least some cats) like to stick their face into shoes? I take off my shoes and Tanner immediately buries her face in one of them. I think, "Gross!" Why does she like my stinky shoes?
And when I take off my flip flops, she immediately sits on top of them. That can't be very comfortable?
But then, why do cats like to sit on newspaper, or try to cram inside the smallest boxes?

Tanner has the sweetest meow around me. But growls like a wildcat around the other cats. Guess she learned that as a kitten when she and her two brothers had to fend for themselves in the woods before I found them.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2016, 06:42:07 AM »

"You need a mess of help to stand alone"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:57:02 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2016, 08:17:54 AM »

My cat alternates between dipping her paw in the water bowl and licking the water off that paw, and laying in front of the water lapping it up with her face in the bowl like "normal". I have no idea why, this is the first cat I've had who does this - But other cats I have seen have done the thing where they get the food with the paw versus going face-first into the dish.

I just saw an article last week about the reasons why cats always go for empty boxes and bags, it may have been on Jackson Galaxy's site, I can't remember. But i think the reason had to do with the instinct of cats to find shelter and maybe even a throwback to when they were kittens and secure with the mother cat in their "nest". I'll have to see if i can find that article again, it made perfect sense.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2016, 08:24:48 AM »

Do post it when you find. & cat snaps! 3D

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2016, 08:44:52 AM »

I found the two articles - Turns out studies were done and it's also connected to psychology and stress relief!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cats-boxes-simons-cat-logic_us_5740653be4b00e09e89f3975?

http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com/boxes-and-cats/?utm_source=ars-amc&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_term=012616&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=boxes-and-cats&origin=ars_amc_social_fb_link_boxes-and-cats_012616

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2016, 08:47:57 AM »

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2016, 08:52:51 AM »

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2016, 08:23:45 AM »

Here is my cat Lily. She's scared of the camera. She's scared of everything and everyone except things and humans she's been familiar with for at least a month or so. Once she's not scared, she's very affectionate and purry. But, after 8 years, she's still uncomfortable with being picked up or held, even by me. She just likes to be pet with a bit of distance between us. She was a feral kitten.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2016, 08:27:50 AM »

Here is Sombrero. He's one of those dog-cats: very social, will run up to anyone to say 'hi' or bet for a treat; pushy and clumsy; needs attention all the time; eats anything, and too much of it; breaks things... He can be a pain, but he's very sweet and most entertaining!

halblaineisgood
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »

Here is Sombrero. He's one of those dog-cats: very social, will run up to anyone to say 'hi' or bet for a treat; pushy and clumsy; needs attention all the time; eats anything, and too much of it; breaks things... He can be a pain, but he's very sweet and most entertaining!

dog-cat's are the best.    Cheesy
halblaineisgood
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2016, 05:28:55 PM »

halblaineisgood
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2016, 05:30:11 PM »

Smush da mare 'n smush da' cat
halblaineisgood
« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2016, 05:31:56 PM »

"Add some music to your day"
I like dat pushy cat. That's a cocky cat.  3D
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2016, 07:11:16 PM »

"I'm the Pied Piper"

I would have cats practically attack me when I played a recorder. Perhaps it sounded like a bird?
Or maybe my tone was awful LOL

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2016, 08:52:09 PM »

A very nice cat.  Smiley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2016, 03:52:50 AM »

Nice to see Smiley residents posting here.

2guitarfool - for some reason used to think MM favors dogs. Post your princess' pics. 3D
2Emily - thanks for description of each cat. Both lookin' good.
2halblaineisgood - the cat sits in the chair. Dogs in the ground. Cats! what can ya do. 3D
2Elizabeth - the latter. cats could be annoyed by the recorder, they hate loud noises.

halblaineisgood
« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2016, 08:13:11 PM »

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 06, 2016, 08:50:25 AM »

Cute pair. Smb. took snap at the right time for cat foes to look as if they dance.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: