-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 09:12:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Cats
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cats  (Read 198152 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: December 25, 2019, 05:48:49 PM »

Song puzzle - classical (aria? arietta?)/ hip-hop mash-up. Which title is song the lady sings in beginning (& which language?)? It's familiar.
Listen to tik tok clip: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2667032403530979&id=2206677982899759

NB: &, see reply below, No.449.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 05:54:36 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 25, 2019, 08:09:42 PM »

The song is very familiar but don't know what it is. A friend of my sister used to sing it a lot -that was many years ago .
Another one of my sisters , a vegetarian, asked me to donate to a charity (United Poultry Concerns) that is against the way poultry, particularly turkeys, are treated at the places they have to live out their not so nice lives. So I couldn't get myself to eat any turkey today . I ate shrimp and eggplant (aubergine) casserole.
I decided to send donations in each family member's behalf instead of giving gifts. I asked to not receive any gifts but did get one -a CD of Dr John performing with a big band.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 28, 2019, 08:07:53 PM »

Hm. If you can't tell which song it's, nobody will.
It's been general information regarding World Together charity, i.e. dollars you give away towards julia Paypal address will be used to different pet-in-peril cases. It's reliable.
Recently read blog about interesting cat Josephine who is diagnosed with FHS. In it you can see which issues Josephine & human deal with. She's difficult cat, they visit behaviorist due to FHS/OCD & trim nails due to Josephine being polidactyl. Many advised the lady who adopted Josephine she should bring back her to euthanize but, she doesn't give up when there's times when Josephine behaves usual good-natured cat, even lets lady to pet her without biting. There's blog post "Week" in which lady states with glee there's been single whole week when Josephine didn't try attacks, didn't gaze crazily about to attack. It's rare when she's nice, yet she can be really nice thus human didn't get to the point to give the cat back. Really happy about it, each cat must get chance to live, esp. since Josephine technically healthy & young (zero issues with vitals, she can walk legs, neck flexible, good vision).
Check blog, read few back posts to get picture about Josephine's behaviors, it's educational & helpful blog: https://josephinethequirkycat.com
(NB: looking at main Josephine pic, you wouldn't tell she's difficult to deal with cat - beautiful sweet-looking, with unique green hue eyes (kiwi/lime))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 08:13:27 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 30, 2019, 06:00:13 PM »

Can't you tell friends, sisters about the link with song? Maybe they know what song it's? I must get the title, to download it for free.
& check Josephine's blog. It's very interesting.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 31, 2019, 06:04:52 AM »

Hope this link works.

catsoncatnip.co/blogs/cats/historical-figures-cats

« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:09:54 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 31, 2019, 08:54:32 AM »

Song puzzle - classical (aria? arietta?)/ hip-hop mash-up. Which title is song the lady sings in beginning (& which language?)? It's familiar.
Listen to tik tok clip: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2667032403530979&id=2206677982899759

NB: &, see reply below, No.449.
Its "Bibbiti Bobbidi Boo", from the 1950 Disney movie "Cinderella".

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 31, 2019, 09:11:43 AM »

Thanks for finding that for RR. It was driving me crazy and it would be a few days before I'd be able to ask any family.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 01, 2020, 04:43:54 AM »

Hm. If you can't tell which song it's, nobody will.

Not so, RR. Here you go (I hope you enjoyed Christmas):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXJvxEHSv5E

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

Edit: I see Jay beat me to it! Grin
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 04:45:37 AM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 01, 2020, 05:53:52 AM »

Ta. BTW, given ''it was driving'' you ''crazy'', you too glad that the song been ID'ed, Nola. Then it's been found for *you* too. Tongue

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 01, 2020, 05:22:17 PM »

Pic which displays best what cats mean to human beings. People say casually "It's just pet". INACCURATE. Cat is family. Dawn, the lady who hugs Rocky, is beautiful inside & out. Amazing cat parent & well, she's pretty as picture too. Look at Rocky - he's blessed to be covered in blankie & be supported by his humama (he is special needs cat):

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 02, 2020, 02:54:43 AM »

Beautiful picture.
I wouldn't know how I could go on without my fur babies. And they seem to enjoy being around me as well. They are family.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 19, 2020, 03:31:00 AM »

^Dawn & Rocky recently flew to FL (they're NJ residents). Dawn posted many sweet pics & tik tok vids. They went there to Disney Springs. They stayed in hotel during FL tour. Then got back to NJ.

The other cat page, about guy feeding stray cats in supermarket, petrol station etc, recently shared his wife's pic prefacing he never shares fam pics but shared wife's to give idea what "perfect crazy cat lady" looks like - it's youthful looking girl with black hair half-covering face, standing with mobile doing selfie thru mirror in wear shop trying trousers. Everybody started praising her beauty, I's like "She's 34? She looks like kid" (seriously! holy moly) & "Btw, she looks like TV/well girl in Japanese horror "Ring" (she got pitch black hair & it, as I stated, covered her face in a way, & the way she stood/ serious non-smiley face). There's LOTSA easily offended people it ain't fun talking with them, like walking in eggshells. But, that guy not just laughed, he actually agreed with I saying "She's a bit like the Japanese actress in "The Ring", she's Indonesian Chinese". Asian face, yep, they kinda look similar, guy's right. Real nice to see normal people without extreme reactions. He took the replies as compliments to his wife, as I intended them to be duh. Nice chap.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 28, 2020, 06:07:56 AM »

Reply below is again such nice thing to re-read - people at FB get what precisely I say, without getting easily offended & see? They think I'm nice & polite - which I am, duh - they treat respectfully. I like FB. Many nice people, I get LIKES. Ain't it fantastic?
Few stupidities aside, FB is fun to chat thru.
Recently - & still going - been "dolly parton challenge" (what lame last name, ugly too, bleh). Lotsa cat pages posted 4-fers (like "2-fer" but it's 4 cat pics joined in single pic), captioned "Facebook", "Instagram", "Tinder", "Twitter". I didn't see original Dolly pics but who cares? It's about social media cats, their cute bragging. It's stupid challenge, let's face it, yet cats make it less stupid.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 28, 2020, 06:14:06 AM »

Hey Nola, cat fan, you gonna read things I say here or not? I mean we got catsa things in common hey. Smiley Agree about FB, right? Or as limeys say, roight?

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 29, 2020, 04:21:02 AM »

I had read your posts but didn't have anything to add to them.
There are always "fads" on FB. I usually don't know how they start. Yes, the latest is the Dolly Parton challenge and I hadn't seen the original post, either.

There's a cute short video that just got posted a few days ago. Don't know if you saw it yet.
If not, look up "Watch a friendly feline test a Buddhist monk's patience." While a monk is into a five hour long prayer session, a cat decides to join in. : -)

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 19, 2020, 01:04:52 PM »

Back to the best thread in the Internet. Dawn shared new pics featuring Rocky. 1. W/ mermaid tail in catio (that legs wouldn't catch splinters when getting them thru severe wooden floor). 2. gazing at birds. Check that cute profile. Cats got best profiles.

Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 20, 2020, 02:36:05 PM »

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:36:47 PM by Gertie J. » Logged

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 26, 2020, 04:11:09 PM »

Ain't Rocky sweet?  3D Dawn shared new Rocky pics clad as "Happy Memorial Day". Enjoy, U.S.!

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 06, 2020, 03:53:41 PM »

Dawn shared new Rocky Road pic, it's beautiful & really meaningful. She captioned it with cherish towards the sweet cat that Rocky is:

Such poise & elegance, he sits beautifully & gazes beautifully at back.

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 21, 2020, 12:55:01 AM »

I think the day has arrived when we will finally have to say goodbye to our beloved Angel. She is 18 years old, my brother adopted her when she was 2; and I've been living with them for 5 years now. My life has been filled with cats, but that terrible day always comes when we have to say goodbye. It's gonna take a miracle to make her well now, so if you believe in prayer, please pray for Angel.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 21, 2020, 08:45:18 AM »

I think the day has arrived when we will finally have to say goodbye to our beloved Angel. She is 18 years old, my brother adopted her when she was 2; and I've been living with them for 5 years now. My life has been filled with cats, but that terrible day always comes when we have to say goodbye. It's gonna take a miracle to make her well now, so if you believe in prayer, please pray for Angel.

LS, I am so sorry to hear this. It is never easy to say goodbye, but take comfort knowing that you and your family made such a loving home for Angel for almost two decades. Two stories I want to share:

A family friend recently had to put down a dog. She was adamant that she didn't want to get another dog again (because the pain of loss was so great). She had this outlook until her mother told her, "We need to keep adopting them because these animals need loving homes." So the loss is our burden to bear, but the animals are gifted with such an amazing life (and in return they give us so much joy while they are alive - and our memories of them will make us smile forever).

Second story: A dog I had growing up one day died of a kidney disease (when I was about 20). My father (who is a down-to-earth, war vet, straight-shooter kinda guy - doesn't make anything up) had a dream the night the dog passed away: He dreamt that he was walking the dog on a leash toward a bridge. On the other side of the bridge was a whole green pasture full of dogs and animals running around and playing. He walked the dog to the middle of the bridge and stopped. He knelt down and unclasped the leash. He looked down at the dog and the dog looked up at him, they said their goodbyes and she hesitantly trotted across the bridge. She got toward the end of the bridge and looked back one last time at my father. She then stepped into the pasture and started playing with the other dogs.

Anyways, I wanted to share that because that story has helped me get through some animal losses recently. I'll be praying for you and Angel.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 21, 2020, 02:16:13 PM »

LS, I am so sorry to hear this. It is never easy to say goodbye, but take comfort knowing that you and your family made such a loving home for Angel for almost two decades. Two stories I want to share:

A family friend recently had to put down a dog. She was adamant that she didn't want to get another dog again (because the pain of loss was so great). She had this outlook until her mother told her, "We need to keep adopting them because these animals need loving homes." So the loss is our burden to bear, but the animals are gifted with such an amazing life (and in return they give us so much joy while they are alive - and our memories of them will make us smile forever).

Second story: A dog I had growing up one day died of a kidney disease (when I was about 20). My father (who is a down-to-earth, war vet, straight-shooter kinda guy - doesn't make anything up) had a dream the night the dog passed away: He dreamt that he was walking the dog on a leash toward a bridge. On the other side of the bridge was a whole green pasture full of dogs and animals running around and playing. He walked the dog to the middle of the bridge and stopped. He knelt down and unclasped the leash. He looked down at the dog and the dog looked up at him, they said their goodbyes and she hesitantly trotted across the bridge. She got toward the end of the bridge and looked back one last time at my father. She then stepped into the pasture and started playing with the other dogs.

Anyways, I wanted to share that because that story has helped me get through some animal losses recently. I'll be praying for you and Angel.
Thank you for the thoughtful words. Right now is hard, but we will adopt another someday.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: