-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2020, 01:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 207559 times)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 20, 2020, 07:32:41 PM »

I have moved to a little town in southern Mississippi, in the woods, and live next  door to my sister, her husband, and two horses.
We are still getting things out of my Motherís house in New Orleans. There are lots of things that we canít take. Mom collected a lot of little statues. None of us have room for those, plus my cats would just love to knock them over.
Itís a ďtale of two citiesĒ re the coronavirus. I had to go into town to get the oil changed in the car and get a couple of items. Virtually no one was wearing masks or keeping distance. However, when I go to New Orleans tomorrow I will be required to wear a mask whenever entering a building or being around a group of people.

I like different periods of Jazz. I like the traditional, Louis Armstrong - his song West End Blues is one of my all time favorites. I also like swing such as Benny Goodman.  Also Dave Brubeck - heís the only popular music composer other than Brian Wilson who can make me cry (tears of joy). Early Miles Davis. Singers such as Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday..

Used to watch and enjoy Password when growing up in the 60s, with Allen Ludden.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:18:49 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: