gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 08:01:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Dennis really marry his second cousin?  (Read 21996 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2014, 03:09:59 PM »

Why reference me?

Because the poster in question displayed the same MO as you usually do, i.e. deflecting comment by changing your stance or saying what you posted wasn't what you actually meant. Is why.

Pretentious ? Moi ??  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
RioGrande
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2014, 09:49:05 PM »

So, we have Brian bashing, Al bashing... and a whole thread dedicated to Dennis bashing, in the vilest way imaginable. And the (self-styled) Legendary AGD with his usual shenanigans, which make normal Internet trolls look like Mahatma Gandhi.

I guess it will be Carl's turn sooner or later.

Congrats, guys, it takes real brass balls to insult dead people who can't talk back, or sue you.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:51:17 PM by RioGrande » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2014, 10:57:51 PM »

Welcome to the internet.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2014, 11:36:22 PM »

And the (self-styled) Legendary AGD...

Thus styled by John Tobler circa 1980, actually.  Smiley

Congrats, guys, it takes real brass balls to insult dead people who can't talk back, or sue you.

I thought there wasn't any disputing Dennis was, well, a bit of a ladies man. As for going through the band's wives, that little gem came from Brian who, in the middle of a question about his brothers character and its expression on POB told a startled interviewer "yeah... he had intercourse with many women. My wife, Mike's wife, Alan's wife...". I know Brian's not the most reliable source at times, but I think he'd remember something like that. British monthly 'zine, as I recall.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:42:28 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

bluesno1fann
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2014, 12:51:40 AM »

So, we have Brian bashing, Al bashing... and a whole thread dedicated to Dennis bashing, in the vilest way imaginable. And the (self-styled) Legendary AGD with his usual shenanigans, which make normal Internet trolls look like Mahatma Gandhi.

I guess it will be Carl's turn sooner or later.

Even more unthinkable, Marks bashing!  Shocked
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2014, 02:13:42 AM »

And the (self-styled) Legendary AGD...

Thus styled by John Tobler circa 1980, actually.  Smiley

The legendary John Tobler!  Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
Nicko1234
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2014, 02:23:17 AM »

Obviously every one knows that Dennis was a ladies man but isn`t there a book, written by insider Jack Lloyd, which basically recounts tales of all 5 of the touring members in the late 60s (Carl included) having sex with anything with a pulse? With that in mind, you can`t really blame any of the wives for also shopping around and it is not surprising perhaps that Dennis would have different attitudes to sleeping with the wives of his brother, cousin and friend than most of us would have.
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2014, 07:25:45 AM »

Why reference me?

Because the poster in question displayed the same MO as you usually do, i.e. deflecting comment by changing your stance or saying what you posted wasn't what you actually meant. Is why.

Pretentious ? Moi ??  Grin

I disagree with your comment about my MO. Sometimes perhaps, I don't phrase carefully enough, enabling you to nit-pick (your MO) as a way of evading an argument you know you are not going to win otherwise. I could give examples but it is too tedious.

You don't seem to mind when Mike Love makes contradictory statements - when we had an argument about that you were trying (unsuccessfully) to justify what he had written.

But mentioning here something that has no relevance to this website still seems a little silly to me.

I can understand why RangeRoverA1 wrote the message  ("Do you have any evidence that indeed every woman fell under Dennis's spell? Only BBs wifes, & even that is highly doubted, as it was told by not-a-good-source Brian. In other words, you're exaggerating & overestimating Dennis's image.")  that prompted your response. The idea that no woman could have possibly resisted Dennis' charms may be a nice ego massage for men who identify with him, but some women have more self-respect than to want to make themselves available to someone just to be used and discarded for the next conquest. Dennis Wilson was an extremely attractive man but attractiveness is subjective. I'm sure there must have been many women with different taste. And would Dennis have been so successful with the opposite sex had he not been part of an extremely famous pop group and a very wealthy man? It's easy even for unattractive men to womanise when they are in that situation.  I can think of few things less attractive than someone using people for ego gratification. I question the wives' motives if this really happened. Was it just down to Dennis' devastating attractiveness or were they seeking revenge for real or imagined infidelities?

Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2014, 11:38:47 AM »

Obviously every one knows that Dennis was a ladies man but isn`t there a book, written by insider Jack Lloyd, which basically recounts tales of all 5 of the touring members in the late 60s (Carl included) having sex with anything with a pulse? With that in mind, you can`t really blame any of the wives for also shopping around and it is not surprising perhaps that Dennis would have different attitudes to sleeping with the wives of his brother, cousin and friend than most of us would have.

News alert: rock stars are promiscuous.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
Nicko1234
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »

News alert: rock stars are promiscuous.

Exactly.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2014, 10:15:04 PM »

Seeing as English isn't your first language, allow me to explain: of the MANY women I've spoken to who knew Dennis, ALL of them agreed his charm was irresistible. That's all of the women I spoke to, not all of the women in the world. Hope that makes things clear.
You underestimate my English - I understood every word of that post initially. But you said earlier:

We're talking Dennis Wilson here, in the sixties and seventies... I doubt there was a woman who would say no, and I can imagine quite a few men who wouldn't either.
Surely, "I doubt there was a woman" can be read as "all women in the world", amirite? Then, you weirdly post the above sentence about speaking with many women. Hence my

"Many" doesn't equal "all", right? I'd give a hunch by many you mean 20 or so women, which isn't even the whole street, if we're talking from the geographic point of view.
Next time before telling me I'm wrong, make sure to check your memory, deal?

No kinship to anyone here.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2014, 10:57:10 AM »

Sorry for the bump, but the deeper I got into this thread, the more I realized (notice the use of American spelling, which is logical, seeing that I'm American) that it actually turned from a "bash Denny" to a "bash AGD thread.  I had to chuckle a little, though I certainly have the utmost respect for the Legendary One and his impressive knowledge of my favorite band.

Having said that, I must respond to Ang Jones' assertion that AGD "pretentiously" uses American spelling in his posts:  If that is indeed the case, Andrew might want to consider using an American version of the computer spell check. LOL.
RioGrande
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »

Spell checkers are for the craven.  Cheesy
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »

I've always found it weird that when you read a British journalist's interview with an American, and this seems to be done whatever type of publication they write for, they will not only make the spelling British, but direct quotes from Americans will be modified to British terms. For example, they'll quote an American using the term "mum" for mother. No American ever uses that word.  Yet when American writers quote a Brit, they will tend to keep the British slang terms used in the direct quotes, and not modify them to be "understood" by American readers. Nothing to do with AGD, of course, since I don't know if I recall reading interviews that he's done recently, but maybe it's the British way to keep their English usage strictly British?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2014, 11:19:28 PM »

Sorry for the bump, but the deeper I got into this thread, the more I realized (notice the use of American spelling, which is logical, seeing that I'm American) that it actually turned from a "bash Denny" to a "bash AGD thread.  I had to chuckle a little, though I certainly have the utmost respect for the Legendary One and his impressive knowledge of my favorite band.

Having said that, I must respond to Ang Jones' assertion that AGD "pretentiously" uses American spelling in his posts:  If that is indeed the case, Andrew might want to consider using an American version of the computer spell check. LOL.

I do. I just override it sometimes.  Grin

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2014, 05:09:23 AM »

Sorry for the bump
What? The last reply before yours was made only 12 h ago, how on earth can it be "the bump"? Don't get it.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2014, 10:47:59 AM »

Sorry for the bump
What? The last reply before yours was made only 12 h ago, how on earth can it be "the bump"? Don't get it.

Sorry ’bout that, RangeRover.  As good as I am at English, I'm equally bad at Mathematics.  LOL
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

I've always found it weird that when you read a British journalist's interview with an American, and this seems to be done whatever type of publication they write for, they will not only make the spelling British, but direct quotes from Americans will be modified to British terms. For example, they'll quote an American using the term "mum" for mother. No American ever uses that word.  Yet when American writers quote a Brit, they will tend to keep the British slang terms used in the direct quotes, and not modify them to be "understood" by American readers. Nothing to do with AGD, of course, since I don't know if I recall reading interviews that he's done recently, but maybe it's the British way to keep their English usage strictly British?

Not just news journalists - also U.K. book publishers, even when the author is American! If you've read  "The Real Beach Boy", you'll know what I mean. Smiley
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »

Not just news journalists - also U.K. book publishers, even when the author is American! If you've read  "The Real Beach Boy", you'll know what I mean. Smiley

Almost makes one believe the Brits are just a bunch of pompous asses.  Wink
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2014, 11:46:54 AM »

Lost Beach Boy I think you meant. Virgin did a definite Britishy edit on that one.
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2014, 06:53:53 AM »

I suppose it could be revenge for the many American films in which the villains are British. And the frequent occasions when British books are made into films and set in America (like The Dark is Rising, for example, which would be like the Brits re-making Twin Peaks in Oxfordshire).
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx