gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680791 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 04:53:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Dennis really marry his second cousin?  (Read 22025 times)
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »

She looked like Mike's daughter and probably was.  In most American states, it's legal to marry a first cousin. It's not something I would be in favor of, but they were second cousins, not first, and it's not like Dennis knew her when she was growing up. 
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »

Seeing as Dennis slept with the wives of everyone else in the band, and also every female in the F Mac organisation, integrity probably wasn't a word that featured large in his lexicon.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 03:59:42 PM »

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 04:50:48 PM »

Seeing as Dennis slept with the wives of everyone else in the band, and also every female in the F Mac organisation, integrity probably wasn't a word that featured large in his lexicon.

It's probably in poor taste to ask (though that's never stopped a ton of discussion topics on this board)... but do we know what the (already publicly known) details were about these instances?  Are we talking the wives of every single BB?
bluesno1fann
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 06:07:24 PM »

JArhead wins.  3D

What the hell do I have to do with this?

Keep me out of your ranting....
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 07:40:55 PM »

1. Hung out with Charles Manson 2. Married his cousin

I wonder what his third offense was...

police
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 07:43:46 PM »

Didn't he supply Brian with drugs in the 70s? Always thought that was pretty low myself.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 07:52:10 PM »

1. Hung out with Charles Manson 2. Married his cousin

I wonder what his third offense was...

police

again with Manson  Roll Eyes

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 07:59:02 PM »

Woah, when did this become the Dennis Bashing thread?!  Angry
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 08:03:49 PM »

a yea there's no "conspiracy" right?  How about focusing on the good things in his life instead of womanizing, booze and Manson?  Hey Brian has done some stuff too but most of the time we talk about his music and what a genius he is.

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 08:09:56 PM »

Dennis lived a crazy life, it's not bashing to talk about it.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 08:10:51 PM »

Chill, you guys are so defensive.

Dennis did these things, we're allowed to talk about it.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 08:24:37 PM »

a yea there's no "conspiracy" right?  How about focusing on the good things in his life instead of womanizing, booze and Manson?  Hey Brian has done some stuff too but most of the time we talk about his music and what a genius he is.

Couldn't agree more. We should sing his praises and talk about the positive side of his life instead of "how low he could get" and "how he lacked integrity". And when we make one comment, people tell us to stop being so defensive Angry

To Gabo: Yes, Dennis hung out with Charles Manson. But as soon as he found out what Manson was really like, he cut contact (and bashed Manson) with Manson. Considering that, I don't get why people would still condemn Dennis for his role in the Manson story.

I just hope that a lot of people here don't agree with Mike Love's disgusting comment about Dennis being a "no-good drugged-out parasite"!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 08:31:22 PM »

Couldn't agree more. We should sing his praises and talk about the positive side of his life instead of "how low he could get" and "how he lacked integrity". And when we make one comment, people tell us to stop being so defensive Angry

To Gabo: Yes, Dennis hung out with Charles Manson. But as soon as he found out what Manson was really like, he cut contact (and bashed Manson) with Manson. Considering that, I don't get why people would still condemn Dennis for his role in the Manson story.

I just hope that a lot of people here don't agree with Mike Love's disgusting comment about Dennis being a "no-good drugged-out parasite"!

Well Gabo always wants to say something negative about him but...."that's ok".  When we want to uplift Dennis, we're the ones in the wrong..."but that's ok too" right cuz Dennis doesn't deserve praise  Roll Eyes  the bad in his life has outdone the good.  Angry

-Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »

r u guys fer realz
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 08:43:55 PM »

r u guys fer realz

so you mean to tell me that there's no point in talking about the good parts of his life then? (if there are any)

-Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 08:49:43 PM »

r u guys fer realz

so you mean to tell me that there's no point in talking about the good parts of his life then? (if there are any)

Please direct me to where anybody said that.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 08:53:17 PM »

r u guys fer realz

I was asking you that.  I've noticed that whenever we try to talk positive about him, you always come to tell us that we're somehow "wrong"

-Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 08:54:03 PM »

r u guys fer realz

I was asking you that.  I've noticed that whenever we try to talk positive about him, you always come to tell us that we're somehow "wrong"

So you can't direct me to where anyone said that?
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2014, 09:00:54 PM »

r u guys fer realz

So you can't direct me to where anyone said that?

I'm talking about you.  I asked you if that's what you're saying.  we initially said that we should be talking about the positive parts of his life and you asked us "r u guys fer realz?"

-Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »

Are you seriously inferring that I'm saying "We should never talk about the good parts of Dennis' life because THERE AREN'T ANY: OMG HE WAS THE WORST!" from my saying "r u guys fer realz"?

That speaks volumes. Touchy, touchy.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »

Didn't he supply Brian with drugs in the 70s? Always thought that was pretty low myself.
You think Brian never supplied Dennis? They all had access and they all shared. Keep it real Funky.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »

I don't want any arguments... so I'm staying out of this one
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 09:31:52 PM »

Are you seriously inferring that I'm saying "We should never talk about the good parts of Dennis' life because THERE AREN'T ANY: OMG HE WAS THE WORST!" from my saying "r u guys fer realz"?

That speaks volumes. Touchy, touchy.

no, this speaks volumes.  I asked you a simple question.  every time we even bring his name up here you come.  we said we should talk about the positive parts of his life and you told us we were being "defensive".  you don't have a problem with talking about "how low he could go" but it's clear to me that you have a problem with talking about the high points.  Now, if I'm wrong on that, tell me (which I'm sure you were going to do anyway).

and why not tell me in a pm  Smiley

-Dennis Wilson
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 09:40:09 PM »

She looked like Mike's daughter and probably was.  In most American states, it's legal to marry a first cousin. It's not something I would be in favor of, but they were second cousins, not first, and it's not like Dennis knew her when she was growing up. 
Legal or not, it's still very tasteless to marry basically your relative, esp. - if that's true - out of silly competition with Mike).

2Mr. Doe: unless Dennis had superpower & could easily influence every living girl, I don't believe that story about his affair with every BBs wife. But if it's not a myth - then we shouldn't blame Dennis alone for that.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx