gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:11:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Original Add Some Music/1969  (Read 1740 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:10:15 PM »

I am doing some research on the Beach Boys Original Add Some Music album and the Original Sunflower Album for my CD That i am making!  My Question is what songs were recorded for the Original Add Some Music and Sunflower album!  My track order of songs will be different then Add Some Music and Sunflower album and i will post them after i make my CD Up next week

I had a fast Life
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:36:41 PM »

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/re-beach-boys-add-some-music-1970-lp.343664/

This might help you for starters.  A lot of threads on our SS Board about this subject.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 07:59:45 PM »

Dude thank you so much this means a lot!   Cool

I had a fast Life
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:13:02 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luA8qLUlVqA

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 08:32:52 PM »

From Andrew Doe's site:

Sunflower (original)
projected release date early 1970
recorded  January & February 1970 except  * January 1969, ** July 1969, + November 1969
produced by The Beach Boys except Ø Brian Wilson, # Bruce Johnston, § Dennis Wilson, † Alan Jardine
Slip On Through** - Walkin' - Forever* - Games Two Can Play - Add Some Music To Your DayØ - When Girls Get Together+ - Our Sweet Love - Tears In The Morning+# (original version) - Back Home - Fallin' In Love§  - I Just Got My Pay - Carnival - Susie Cincinnati † - Good TimeØ
(track sequence not known)

Add Some Music
Brother-Reprise 6382
projected release date ?May 1970
recorded January & February 1970 except * July 1969, ** November 1969
produced by The Beach Boys except Ø Brian Wilson, ‡ Brian & Carl Wilson, # Bruce Johnston, † Alan Jardine, § Dennis Wilson
Susie Cincinnati· † - Good TimeØ - Our Sweet Love - Tears In The Morning**# - When Girls Get Together**  - Slip On Through* - Add Some Music To Your DayØ - Take A Load Off Your Feet -This Whole World** ‡- I Just Got My Pay - At My Window* - Fallin' In Love§

The story of The Beach Boys first release for Warner-Reprise is one that has undergone changes over the years before the diligent research of Brad Elliott finally nailed down the true facts. Concisely, the accepted view was that the original version of Sunflower (above) was submitted to Reprise, rejected, reworked and resubmitted as Add Some Music, rejected again, revised once more and finally accepted as the released Sunflower. In fact, the presumed first lineup was nothing more than one of two reference tapes of titles under consideration for the first Warner's album - doubtless its being pictured in David Leaf's Brian Wilson biography caused the confusion - and Add Some Music was the first album offered to Reprise, who rejected it for the perceived lack of a strong single.

Almost all the tracks listed above not included on Sunflower have seen subsequent release, although not all in their original form. The version of  "Back Home" here is a completely different recording to the 15 Big Ones release (and also to the 1962 Wilson/Usher demo), Dennis' "Fallin' In Love" (nee "Lady") remains criminally unavailable since its original release on 45 in 1970 while "Take A Load Off Your Feet", "Susie Cincinnati", "Good Time", "When Girls Get Together", "I Just Got My Pay" and "Games Two Can Play" saw release on Surf's Up, 15 Big Ones, The Beach Boys Love You, Keepin' The Summer Alive and the 1993 box set respectively. "Carnival", a wordless vocal rendition of  the standard "When You Are In Love (It's The Loveliest Night Of the Year)", remains unreleased, as does "Walkin'", once thought to be an alternate title for "Take A Load Off Your Feet" but apparently a completely different song.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 12:19:24 PM »

Dude thank you so much this means a lot!   Cool
Glad to help Surfer!

Gosh, that was such a productive period for all the band members. And  in the end, they got the right group of songs together for what became the fantaastic "Sunflower".

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx