gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:09:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why are the Beatles the one band people don't allow you to dislike?  (Read 9370 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2014, 12:45:35 AM »

To answer the OP:

Because they're fucking great.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 10:29:23 PM »

In the meantime, my personal complaints about the Beatles:

- During the song "Magical Mystery Tour", John & Paul sing these "ahhhhs" that are frequently slightly out of tune.
- They made Ringo sing "Boys" which he still sings decades later.

Some nice things to say about the Beatles:

- My father hated them with a passion (he only hated good music in my opinion).
One of the funniest things I've read here. Esp. the 1st 2 reasonings written very randomly.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2014, 09:36:37 PM »

To answer the OP:

Because they're fucking great.

Pretty much this.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 07:22:53 AM »

I always find it puzzling that people who hate the Beach Boys, the Hollies, the Lovin' Spoonful, Paul Revere and the Raiders and other mid 60's pop groups love the Beatles. They'll tell me their favorite bands are Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, the Stones, and the Beatles. Are they thinking just the White Album Beatles? Abbey Road? Or do these lovers of hard rock really dig "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", "She Loves You" and "Ticket to Ride"?

CLASSIC RAWK FOREVER

People should be allowed to dislike the Beatles (and all the other bands you listed) without criticism, even if it's mostly (but not completely!) due to being beaten over the Gosh Darn head with them every day of their life since birth.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 09:42:18 PM »

People should be allowed to dislike the Beatles (and all the other bands you listed) without criticism, even if it's mostly (but not completely!) due to being beaten over the Gosh Darn head with them every day of their life since birth.
Multiple affirmative nods.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx