gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:56:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Merged* Brian Wilson current album thread  (Read 564869 times)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: January 07, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »

So by my count we have 10 confirmed tracks for the new record:

"This Beautiful Day"
"Saturday Night On Hollywood Boulevard"
"Half-Moon Bay"
"The Right Time"
"Sail Away"
"On The Island"
"Runaway Dancer"
"Danny Boy"
"Summer Means New Love"
"Last Song"

Am I forgetting any?

"Our Special Love"

I don't believe they actually recorded "Summer Means New Love" -- that was just a journalist misunderstanding the title of the Hollens collaboration.

Edit -- See below for the earlier post of Ray's.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:36:00 AM by Wirestone » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: January 07, 2015, 09:08:11 PM »

I've been out of the loop on this, whatever happened to stuff like "Run James Run" etc. that alluded to older songs?

I don't know if anything happened to it. It just hasn't been mentioned recently as a title on the album. Doesn't mean it's absent, doesn't mean it's present.

Not sure what other tunes you're referring to besides "Run James Run" -- "Sail Away" is on there, and quite clearly a throwback, title-wise.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:36:23 AM by Wirestone » Logged
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: January 07, 2015, 09:12:02 PM »

"This Beautiful Day"
"Half-Moon Bay"
"The Right Time"
"Sail Away"
"On The Island"
"Runaway Dancer"
"Danny Boy"
"Summer Means New Love"
"Last Song"

Am I forgetting any?

"Our Special Love"

I don't believe they actually recorded "Summer Means New Love" -- that was just a journalist misunderstanding the title of the Hollens collaboration.

I thought "Summer Means New Love"  was one of the first songs that we knew was going to be on the album?  And Brian (or someone) was just adding lyrics to it.  It's somewhere in this thread.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: January 07, 2015, 09:17:26 PM »

I've been out of the loop on this, whatever happened to stuff like "Run James Run" etc. that alluded to older songs?

I don't know if anything happened to it. It just hasn't been mentioned recently as a title on the album. Doesn't mean it's absent, doesn't mean it's present.

Not sure what other tunes you're referring to besides "Run James Run" -- "Sail Away" is on there, and quite clearly a throwback.

Do you have any idea how pissed off I am that I was one post away from having the first post of page 100?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: January 07, 2015, 09:21:33 PM »

Here is the post I'm referring to, as posted by Ray Lawlor

the remake of "Summer Means New Love' is one of my favorites; I always loved the melody of that track;  Brian decided he wanted to sing it so now its a vocal piece , with lead by Brian , and Brian and Al in the chorus; I had read somewhere on the board that this sounded like it could be a "vapid remake " or some such description.....wrong. There is a track that would fit right in with the three part suite that ends TWGMTR, but is definitely not part of it....
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: January 07, 2015, 09:33:03 PM »

"Our Special Love"

I don't think that'll be on the album, after already being on Peter Hollens'.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Tord
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: January 07, 2015, 09:52:45 PM »

"This Beautiful Day"
"Half-Moon Bay"
"The Right Time"
"Sail Away"
"On The Island"
"Runaway Dancer"
"Danny Boy"
"Summer Means New Love"
"Last Song"

Am I forgetting any?

"Guess You Had to Be There" and  "Sharing a New Day" (both with Kacey Musgraves).

coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: January 08, 2015, 09:35:02 AM »

"Guess You Had to Be There" and  "Sharing a New Day" (both with Kacey Musgraves).

We've heard of these titles, but do we know for sure they made the final cut? The tracks I mentioned above have all been confirmed from various sources.

I also recall Ray Lawlor specifically mentioning that "Summer Means New Love" replaced "Our Special Love."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:36:45 AM by coco1997 » Logged

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: January 08, 2015, 10:35:35 AM »

My bad on the "Summer Means New Love" remake.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that "Our Special Love" will be on NPP. Just a feeling.
Jim Murphy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2484 on: January 08, 2015, 10:42:12 AM »

I was in a  f.y.e. (for your entertainment) record store today in Annapolis, Maryland, here in the States, and they had a CD jewel case with an original full-color insert that, in four lines of type, stated: "Reserve your copy today / AVAILABLE JANUARY 13 / Brian Wilson / No Pier Pressure.  It does not depict the front cover artwork, but rather the photograph of Brian on his piano bench from the Gershwin sessions.

Two different bar codes appeared along the bottom of the insert -- one designated "standard" and one "deluxe." 

Also, a disclaimer in small print at the very bottom: Artwork & availability date subject to change.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:49:27 PM by Jim Murphy » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: January 08, 2015, 11:17:52 AM »

The killer woke before dawn, he put his earth shoes on

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: January 08, 2015, 02:41:23 PM »

The killer woke up in Belgium, and he poured a lot of syrup on his waffles

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2487 on: January 08, 2015, 03:00:44 PM »

Amazon UK saying November 4th 2014 for import copies. Dang, missed it. Is it any good ?

Amazon US doesn't list it at all.

Rolling Stone included it in a spring releases round up. This is January. This is winter, not spring.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:08:09 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 08, 2015, 03:12:27 PM »

That settles it - the album is coming out sometime between the past and the future...
Hope I live to see it!
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: January 08, 2015, 03:21:52 PM »

If the relationship among the remaining Beach Boys improves, there's no reason they can't record Last Song together.  I'd like to hear them do it.
This.

"Last Song" intrigues me.  And I have to admit, from everything I've read, getting to hear the version of "Last Song" with Brian on lead is one of my fondest wishes about anything from these sessions.

But having both Mike and Bruce (I'm only going to assume that Al's voice may already be on a harmony part somewhere in there.  Is David on it, too?) lend their considerable vocal talents to the track?  Now, that would be icing on the cake.

Everyone here knows how getting those voices all together equals an unparalleled magic, and who knows?  As unlikely as it may feel as we sit here now, in January of 2015 (and especially if the lyric really does concern the end of the C50 tour), stranger things have been known to happen.   Shrug

I'll say this:  My biggest hope of them all is that Brian one day finishes all of the Life Suite tracks and releases them in order as a complete, finished product (preferably including the handful of suite tracks from TWGMTR).

And if that day ever does come, the dream scenario then includes a live rendition of the entire piece by Brian (and maybe -- just maybe -- Al and David, Mike and Bruce).
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: January 08, 2015, 03:47:55 PM »

Amazon UK saying November 4th 2014 for import copies. Dang, missed it. Is it any good ?

Rolling Stone included it in a spring releases round up. This is January. This is winter, not spring.

I think right now it's Indian Spring

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: January 08, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »

Take it back, jack!

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2492 on: January 08, 2015, 03:51:49 PM »

All kidding aside - hands up anyone who seriously expects to see this released in five days time ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: January 08, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »

All kidding aside - hands up anyone who seriously expects to see this released in five days time ?

All kidding not quite aside---  If we all raise our hands, will Brian shout " You're Under Arrest" ?

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: January 08, 2015, 04:00:36 PM »

I think right now it's Indian Spring

The blizzard outside--even accompanied by a pleasant upswing of temperatures to 10 degrees F--tells me it's full-on winter.

Seriously speaking, there have been discussions in this thread about the possibility of a surprise album drop. It does happen these days, with the most famous recent example being D'Angelo's very good album Black Messiah a few weeks ago. So it could happen. But will it? Eh, I don't know. I think they'll go a more traditional route and promote some future release date.

An advance single, though, that sure would be nice to tide me over while I wait...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: January 08, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »

An advance single, though, that sure would be nice to tide me over while I wait...

I really hope this happens....

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2496 on: January 08, 2015, 04:21:54 PM »

It would seem stupid not to have Last Song out as a digital single! Use that fan artwork that popped up here even, win over the moody too much eye makeup set.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2497 on: January 08, 2015, 07:32:10 PM »

Please refrain from changing people's wording in quotes.

Thank you for your assistance.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Tord
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: January 08, 2015, 10:52:40 PM »

"Guess You Had to Be There" and  "Sharing a New Day" (both with Kacey Musgraves).

We've heard of these titles, but do we know for sure they made the final cut? The tracks I mentioned above have all been confirmed from various sources.

I also recall Ray Lawlor specifically mentioning that "Summer Means New Love" replaced "Our Special Love."

No, you are right - these two haven't been confirmed. Hopefully we'll get an official tracklist soon!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: January 10, 2015, 05:24:37 PM »

What about "Metropolis"?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx