gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:54:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Merged* Brian Wilson current album thread  (Read 564783 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: September 30, 2014, 06:35:23 AM »

Brian, Big Star and Dylan on the same day? Looks like I'm dropping quite a few dollars on Nov 4.

Oh well, I'll make up for it the day the new Nickelback album comes out.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
MugginsXO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 30, 2014, 06:37:36 AM »

Is the Dylan album the Basement Tapes stuff or a new one?

Shout my Muggins Doc that's a mentor
Had some bad business nothing personal
But now that word out that we back
On some young Quincy Jones
Dark skinned Michael Jack-sh*t
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 30, 2014, 06:59:10 AM »

Basement Tapes. Though I think he'll have a new one yet this year, too. He had that one track streaming this spring or summer, I don't reca whether more was said. Just a hunch.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
RBennett123
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 30, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »

Brian, Big Star and Dylan on the same day? Looks like I'm dropping quite a few dollars on Nov 4.

Oh well, I'll make up for it the day the new Nickelback album comes out.

The McCartney reissues of Venus And Mars and Wings At The Speed of Sound are on the 4th as well.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: September 30, 2014, 10:46:58 PM »

First NPP single, according to Twitter feed @LanaDReyCrew:

Lana Del Rey will feature on Brian Wilson's new album in the song " Last Song ".

Also:

The song Lana Del Rey features on will be released as the first single from the album towards the end of October.

(As reported by "Swery" on the Bloo and cut & pasted from the Twitter feed)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:54:49 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2080 on: October 01, 2014, 01:07:44 AM »

Last Song being the First Song is so Brian...

Hopefully he sounds as good or better as he does here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UHx_95I9Ic

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: October 01, 2014, 01:27:03 AM »

Last Song being the First Song is so Brian...

Hopefully he sounds as good or better as he does here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UHx_95I9Ic

He definitely sounds real good in that clip. I can picture in my head a Lana Del Rey lead with a wall of Brian background vocals and I like it very much. Some harmonizing on the lead part.... Love

I'm really looking forward to this release, and wish they'd feed us SOMETHING soon. 15 second sample, even.

No mas, por favor.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: October 01, 2014, 01:56:10 AM »

Basement Tapes. Though I think he'll have a new one yet this year, too. He had that one track streaming this spring or summer, I don't reca whether more was said. Just a hunch.

The 'new' one was scheduled for autumn this year but Bootleg 11 bumped it back to next spring.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2083 on: October 01, 2014, 05:04:09 AM »

Has the Amazon listing in the US been removed?  I had the album placed in my wish list and when I looked today it says "item not available".  It's also not coming up in a general search.  Does this mean that the November release date may not be correct?

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Gohi
« Reply #2084 on: October 01, 2014, 05:39:56 AM »

Single coming out late October pretty much means the January release is probably correct.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: October 01, 2014, 07:00:48 AM »

Why would that be the first single when they already shot the video for the zooey song?

Huh

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2086 on: October 01, 2014, 07:04:21 AM »

Maybe they're going to spin multiple singles off the album, and based on the artist(s) performing on the song, they'd be able to hit multiple formats with songs that fit into those formats. Just a thought. And totally in line with 2014 music marketing.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: October 01, 2014, 08:02:02 AM »

Maybe they're going to spin multiple singles off the album, and based on the artist(s) performing on the song, they'd be able to hit multiple formats with songs that fit into those formats. Just a thought. And totally in line with 2014 music marketing.

Weird Al released 8 videos in 8 days and had a no.1 album. No one previews an album with a 3-month lead single any more.

I'd say single/video out one week before the album sounds about right.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: October 01, 2014, 08:05:34 AM »

The Amazon link doesn't work anymore, and I can't find it on Amazon now.  Angry
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2089 on: October 01, 2014, 08:12:15 AM »

Weird Al released 8 videos in 8 days and had a no.1 album. No one previews an album with a 3-month lead single any more.

I'd say single/video out one week before the album sounds about right.

I'm not sure about the first point. Granted, even the term "single" is I think a bit antiquated and is nothing like it was in the past. Now it's dropping a track on an artist's website, dropping a YouTube video, alerting the fanbase via instant social media, etc. Then if it stays on course, commercial radio will pick it up and put it on their playlists. In Brian's case, the artists cover a variety of formats and genres, so it could be interesting.

I know Weezer, Coldplay, just to name a few, have previewed a "single" song release months in advance of an album release, and have gotten those songs on commercial radio, outside the social media network. Weezer just this year, this summer, put out a lead single  on their webpage called "Back To The Shack" well ahead of their album, and it was all over rock radio at least in Philly. And they just leaked another single too.

The Lana Del Ray release makes perfect sense. Take a quick look at her YouTube page, and note how many of her "singles" via YouTube have view counts well into the tens of millions. Her fans and fanbase will follow and support anything she is involved with musically. The fact that she is not only a Brian Wilson fan but also slated to be on one of the upcoming album's "singles" has a ton of potential for both camps. Potential into the tens of millions, view-wise.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: October 01, 2014, 08:24:13 AM »

I hope this doesn't wind up in my never listen to box of CDs alongside GIOMH.  I think it will be different in that the guests are younger than those on GIOMH.  Can't help but think this may be another old fart doing a duets album with young hip artists such as the Sinatra /Bono pairing.

OK.  There now.  I said it.  That thought has been rattling around in my head for months.  Or maybe it was just a loose screw.  I really want to like this new album.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 01, 2014, 09:39:26 AM »

Seems to be the case for everyone. The November date was obviously false, maybe Capitol contacted amazon and told them to remove the listing.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: October 01, 2014, 12:03:16 PM »

Seems to be the case for everyone. The November date was obviously false, maybe Capitol contacted amazon and told them to remove the listing.

Why is it obviously false when every other site (besides walmart) still has it listed as a November 4th release?  Even Amazon UK still has it as November 4th.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: October 01, 2014, 12:24:17 PM »

Amazon UK has all three editions still listed but doesn't pin a date on it… panic-ye-not, sayeth I, even if the date gets put back, it'll still be a new Brian Wilson album.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:29:02 PM by John Manning » Logged

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #2094 on: October 01, 2014, 12:44:04 PM »

Capitol wall of secrecy, baby. I had my order placed for deluxe and LP so I'm in. Any doubters who hesitated missed the boat. I'll let you know how the album is when I get it next month. Muahahahhahaha! You made one mistake, Mr. Potter, you double-crossed me and you left me alive!!!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: October 01, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »

My God, this place is ofificially now the Bloo Board ........
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 01, 2014, 01:24:47 PM »

My God, this place is ofificially now the Bloo Board ........

Because people are talking about a Brian Wilson album in a Brian Wilson album thread...?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2097 on: October 01, 2014, 01:25:31 PM »

Quick, someone be condescending about his mental illness and attack his wife or something!

Surely Amazon pulling the album listing must be fallout from that time Al Jardine brazenly played some shows as The Beach Boys Family and Friends! Let's go over it AGAIN!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:29:03 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 01, 2014, 01:30:37 PM »

no one has to agree or care, but you all know what I mean.....
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 01, 2014, 01:31:32 PM »

He doesn't play his own instruments and Paul McCartney produced Vegetable. Chuck Landy saved his career and Van Dyke Asher wrote his lyrics cos Mike Love was more inclined to successful stuff and anyway he didn't surf. Read any reputable book by Jon Gaines and you'll realise there's a wall of silence about his next 20 albums because they're none of them coming out ever. Ask Lana Del Thomas…

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 106 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx