gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:22:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Merged* Brian Wilson current album thread  (Read 564785 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1750 on: July 27, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »

That's what makes the fact that Brian is producing the musicians so interesting...in a couple of post-Imagination interviews, Brian stated that his work was limited to producing the vocals, and that he didn't too much care for the album itself, and that 'it's not my kind of music at all...well, vocally, it is'.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 27, 2014, 08:34:21 PM »

I had a very cool dream last night where I as listening to Brian's new album for the first time and he had an awesome cover of Cat steven's "wild world" on it

Unfortunately I woke up

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1752 on: July 27, 2014, 08:55:06 PM »

That'd be a cool song for Brian to cover.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: July 27, 2014, 08:57:34 PM »

That's what makes the fact that Brian is producing the musicians so interesting...in a couple of post-Imagination interviews, Brian stated that his work was limited to producing the vocals, and that he didn't too much care for the album itself, and that 'it's not my kind of music at all...well, vocally, it is'.

Although given the fact that Brian played keyboards on several Imagination tracks, and helped arrange horn parts on a couple of others, his statements on "Imagination" sound suspiciously like ass-covering to me.  Yes, there are a couple of Joe Thomas specials on there, but BW had a hand in arranging a chunk of the album'a backing tracks (Happy Days and Sunshine most obviously, but also the LHRW remake and the basic track of Your Imagination, as well as horns on Dream Angel and She Says that She Needs Me ...)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: July 27, 2014, 09:05:12 PM »

More points to consider -- Joe is absent, Brian is working in the studio, and noted producer and label prez Don Was plays on the album. But he's not just playing -- he's also giving promo quotes to Rollibg Stone. Now, if I were Brian Wilson and I've decided to take a more hands-on approach with my new album, someone like Don can be useful, right?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1755 on: July 27, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »

One would think so, yes.

Although given the fact that Brian played keyboards on several Imagination tracks, and helped arrange horn parts on a couple of others, his statements on "Imagination" sound suspiciously like ass-covering to me.

I agree.  Then again, it could possibly be like what happened with 'Everything I Need'.

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 27, 2014, 10:09:26 PM »

One would think so, yes.

Although given the fact that Brian played keyboards on several Imagination tracks, and helped arrange horn parts on a couple of others, his statements on "Imagination" sound suspiciously like ass-covering to me.

I agree.  Then again, it could possibly be like what happened with 'Everything I Need'.

In the case of "Your Imagination," at least, it is almost definitely what happened. (BW-led track cut, then smushed a bit by JT.)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1757 on: July 28, 2014, 12:33:45 AM »

He has been at Ocean Way at least 10 times this month on his own , no Joe ; just Brian working with musicians and cutting vocals on his own

This is what's interesting to me. So for those folks claiming Joe is some sort of evil mastermind -- why has Brian seemingly taken over the production of his own album? Might he have decided he wants to take it his own direction now?

Fascinating stuff, especially given Brian's history with Joe ...

Just as long as they keep Thomas away from the AT plugin, and don't let him mix the album...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 28, 2014, 01:50:28 AM »

Brian enjoying a Hamm's ?

I LOVE this picture. I wish those guys got in a room more often to make music. It was one of their peaks.
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 28, 2014, 05:01:48 AM »

I LOVE this picture. I wish those guys got in a room more often to make music. It was one of their peaks.

I'm not sure Brian would personally agree with that assessment - wasn't he at his early-70s nadir round about the time that was taken?

(And yeah, I know much worse was to come, but he was at his lowest point in his life that far round about then, wasn't he?)

Off-topic, sorry... but it still beats arguing about Zooey Deschanel!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 29, 2014, 03:22:49 PM »

Not regular Bud Light, but the "Lime A Rita" and "Strawberry-Rita" or whatever they're called...the novelty of a premixed faux-tropical mixed drink as served in a can and labeled Bud Light! Sounds like a perfect specialty night drink for Club Kokomo. I won't detail the reasons why.  Wink

Grimbergen Dubbel was a favorite a few years ago. That and Duvel, Brooklyn IPA, Saranac Black Forest ale, and a few other pretty "heavy" brews when I was into them. I cut back on beer and got more into mixed drinks and white wine. Been into the microbrews recently, though, like Troegs, Stoudt, and whatever looks interesting at the store or whatever is in the growler at the party. For imports I go for Belgian white ales, like Hoegaarden...but I don't have that cool glass to really enjoy them at home. Still like Stella too.

Has anyone noticed how often these threads diverge into discussions of BEERLOL

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 29, 2014, 08:08:38 PM »

Not regular Bud Light, but the "Lime A Rita" and "Strawberry-Rita" or whatever they're called...the novelty of a premixed faux-tropical mixed drink as served in a can and labeled Bud Light! Sounds like a perfect specialty night drink for Club Kokomo. I won't detail the reasons why.  Wink

Grimbergen Dubbel was a favorite a few years ago. That and Duvel, Brooklyn IPA, Saranac Black Forest ale, and a few other pretty "heavy" brews when I was into them. I cut back on beer and got more into mixed drinks and white wine. Been into the microbrews recently, though, like Troegs, Stoudt, and whatever looks interesting at the store or whatever is in the growler at the party. For imports I go for Belgian white ales, like Hoegaarden...but I don't have that cool glass to really enjoy them at home. Still like Stella too.

Maybe I just don't have a sophisticated enough palate, but it seems like all beer just tastes like crap to me. I can't get past the bitterness.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 29, 2014, 08:38:58 PM »

Maybe I just don't have a sophisticated enough palate, but it seems like all beer just tastes like crap to me. I can't get past the bitterness.

Now you're sounding like AGD....   

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 29, 2014, 08:42:04 PM »

As a beer lover myself (I'm irish) I enjoy being in such good company

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1764 on: July 29, 2014, 11:06:06 PM »

Beer. [sigh]

For me, it's right up there with coffee - smells utterly amazing, tastes awful. Never, ever forget my first sip: I was expecting this lovely, yeasty, hoppy, rounded taste, just like it smelled and it was just... bitter water. One of the more major disappointments in my entire 58 and counting years. Whisky, ah... now you're talking, even if my considerable (past) affection for it has cost me a goodly slice of my recall. Same with cider and wine: tasted like it smelled, so I dove right in. Frequently.  Grin

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 29, 2014, 11:11:20 PM »

How can anyone function without coffee?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1766 on: July 29, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »

You may have noticed that on the whole, I don't.  Grin

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 29, 2014, 11:45:20 PM »

You can't be immune to a cup of Tetley now and then?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1768 on: July 29, 2014, 11:51:49 PM »

PG Tips, for preference.

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #1769 on: July 30, 2014, 05:02:51 AM »

You can't be immune to a cup of Tetley now and then?

I'm not immune to a pint of Tetley's if I can find the real stuff anywhere
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: July 30, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »

Coffee does terrible things to my stomach.
I run on tea and orange juice.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 30, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »

I run on my legs.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 30, 2014, 12:54:07 PM »

I run on my legs.

You win this round, Mike's Beard.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 30, 2014, 02:49:25 PM »

I run on my legs.

You win this round, Mike's Beard.

I'm the King of Bad Jokes Bubba, Mike should hire me as his scriptwriter.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1774 on: July 30, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »

Beer. [sigh]

For me, it's right up there with coffee - smells utterly amazing, tastes awful. Never, ever forget my first sip: I was expecting this lovely, yeasty, hoppy, rounded taste, just like it smelled and it was just... bitter water. One of the more major disappointments in my entire 58 and counting years. Whisky, ah... now you're talking, even if my considerable (past) affection for it has cost me a goodly slice of my recall. Same with cider and wine: tasted like it smelled, so I dove right in. Frequently.  Grin
Even before health reasons forced me to avoid alcohol pretty.much, never ever cared for beer.

Coffee? Love the hell out of it. Doctor said no caffeine,  but decaf tastes like liquid ass, and i happen to love the taste (and especially the smell) of a good pot of coffee.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 106 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx