gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680774 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 02:26:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Merged* Brian Wilson current album thread  (Read 568024 times)
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 22, 2014, 05:36:18 PM »

this thread has really turned 'anal'...

we should be all happy Brian is living, making music, and not under Dr. Landy for Fux sake!

Rb
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:37:14 PM by Rick Bartlett » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 22, 2014, 05:38:50 PM »

And you wipe Myke Luhv's ass.(oldsurferdude tribute)

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 22, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »

we should be all happy Brian is living, making music, and not under Dr. Landy for Fux sake!

Exactly! I'm friggin ecstatic the man is still alive making records....especially since things could've turned out a lot different. Looking forward to this release a lot.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 22, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »

Just because he may not be passionate about the guest singers, doesn`t mean that he hasn`t been passionately working on the music for the past 18 months.

Well... no... it kind of does mean he doesn't give a sh*t.  You can get a ton of examples of Brian not giving a sh*t on the last album he did that had guest artists.  Go check it out.  That's the whole point we're all trying to stab you with.  

So because GIOMH was crap then it follows that this will be a carbon copy?

The best indicator of future results is past experience.  

Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Fool me once, shame on Brian Wilson.  Fool me twice, shame on me!

etc. etc. etc.

Every one of the guests on this album is making good music in the last two years and is under 30. It's p much the exact opposite of GIOMH, if you actually knew anything about modern music.

I hope you're right!

I'm really impressed that you're sad about that fact that Brian Wilson is collaborating with some talented musicians who aren't old white men.

He should probably give Mike a call, right?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 22, 2014, 05:42:05 PM »

Rb
Agreed man, cheers to BW's new album in 2014! Afro

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: July 22, 2014, 05:45:22 PM »

It's an album. We're talking about an album that none of us have heard except a guy who got insulted a page or so back. I'm indescribably excited for it, but that doesn't drive me to want to partake in the heated arguments, bitter sarcasm, and personal insults of the last couple pages.

Rb
Agreed man, cheers to BW's new album in 2014! Afro
Ahhh!

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 22, 2014, 05:46:40 PM »

Rb

I'm also happy Brian still has his driver's license, but I don't want to hear his wife hire somebody to rap about it.  Just sayin'.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 22, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »

Just because he may not be passionate about the guest singers, doesn`t mean that he hasn`t been passionately working on the music for the past 18 months.

Well... no... it kind of does mean he doesn't give a sh*t.  You can get a ton of examples of Brian not giving a sh*t on the last album he did that had guest artists.  Go check it out.  That's the whole point we're all trying to stab you with.  

etc. etc. etc.

Every one of the guests on this album is making good music in the last two years and is under 30. It's p much the exact opposite of GIOMH, if you actually knew anything about modern music.

I hope you're right!

I'm really impressed that you're sad about that fact that Brian Wilson is collaborating with some talented musicians who aren't old white men.

What is your problem?  First you mention that two of them are homosexual, then you bring race into it... WTF man? 

It's my opinion.  The guests dont' sound great.  It has nothing to do with what color their genitals are.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1383 on: July 22, 2014, 05:48:23 PM »

etc. etc. etc.

GIOMH sounds like Brian cut every song in one vocal take and couldn`t wait to get out of the studio.

The new album he has worked on for 18 months.

There is no comparison.
correct. Brian didn't give two shits about GIOMH, and it showed big time.  By contrast,  we have first hand account of just the opposite happening on this one. Why is that being glossed over? Did you hear ANYBODY saying the same about GIOMH?

Oh, and again...Frank Ocean is a hip hop artist, but he's not a rapper. He sings more than raps, and if he'd been around twenty years ago he'd have bern labeled as an r & b artist.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 22, 2014, 05:48:44 PM »

Exactly! I'm friggin ecstatic the man is still alive making records....especially since things could've turned out a lot different. Looking forward to this release a lot.

damn straight!   give this 72 year old legend a break!!!!  

RickB
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 22, 2014, 05:50:15 PM »

deleted
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:58:51 PM by Ron » Logged
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 22, 2014, 05:51:59 PM »

So, because Brian is recording with other popular artists, it's fair to assume that his new album will sound like the one he recorded 10 years ago, not the ones he recorded six, four, three and two years ago? Some users on this board are so weird.

The new album might suck, and it might be great, but to try to draw similarities between this and GIOMH just because there are other singers on it is a weird, oddly negative stretch.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 22, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »

F&ck Me!!!!!

Love the man for what he has willingly given us already..... not what he may!!!

damn! Its Brian Wilson, how dare anyone put him in a box and expect ra ra ra!???

what's the matter with you people... we love him cos he did things out side of the box in the first place...

and now he may be doing that again, and you guys F'n shoot him down before you've heard the product???

something wrong with you pricks.

RickB

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 22, 2014, 05:55:34 PM »

etc. etc. etc.

GIOMH sounds like Brian cut every song in one vocal take and couldn`t wait to get out of the studio.

The new album he has worked on for 18 months.

There is no comparison.
correct. Brian didn't give two shits about GIOMH, and it showed big time.  By contrast,  we have first hand account of just the opposite happening on this one. Why is that being glossed over? Did you hear ANYBODY saying the same about GIOMH?

Oh, and again...Frank Ocean is a hip hop artist, but he's not a rapper. He sings more than raps, and if he'd been around twenty years ago he'd have bern labeled as an r & b artist.

We did hear people saying the same about GIOMH!  It was exactly the same stuff, then the album bombed.

This album is being produced differently, it's a completely different era for Brian (new book, feature film, inspiration from the C50, inspiration from a #3 album) - thus I highly doubt Brian is going to release garbage like GIOMH. So I find the comparison to be pretty flawed.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 22, 2014, 05:56:35 PM »

Brian actually cares about the new album, how hard is that to get across?

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 22, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous"

Brian Wilson, Brag Magazine #385, September, 2010

Now, maybe I should ignore the man's own words, and be excited that he now understands and enjoys rap (I personally enjoy rap) but

If you think between 68, and 72, Brian developed a newfound appreciation of rap and decided, Hey! You know who I really like?  Frank Ocean!  Love his ish.  Also, I'd love for him to RAP on my new album!

Then I don't know what you're smoking.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 22, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »

F&ck Me!!!!!

Love the man for what he has willingly given us already..... not what he may!!!

damn! Its Brian Wilson, how dare anyone put him in a box and expect ra ra ra!???

what's the matter with you people... we love him cos he did things out side of the box in the first place...

and now he may be doing that again, and you guys F'n shoot him down before you've heard the product???

something wrong with you pricks.

RickB

It seems like a lot of this so called shooting-down of Brian happens when people take hardcore offense of anyone who posts anything even remotely contrary to praise! People get pissed at these folk, these folk get pissed back and so on .....

Why don't we just create a "In Praise Of Brian's New Album" thread and then another "In Discussion (and perhaps criticism) Of Brian's New Album" thread? If people don't want to have to endure anything less than high praise for the album can they can choose not to venture into the second thread ... It's much easier to just ignore a thread in the first place over new posts in a thread one is already deep into .....

Just an idea.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:01:41 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 22, 2014, 06:00:42 PM »

BTW, to all the people excited about that, tell me how in your world, Brian went from insulting Rap 4 years ago, to having Frank Ocean rap on his song this year?

Explain to me exactly how that went down.  Explain to me how Brian is excited to record that.  
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 22, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »

You are making assumptions that are not the case, actually listen to Frank Ocean to see why he is a fucking great SINGER who also raps.

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 22, 2014, 06:02:35 PM »

This is the "logic" of the argument it seems.

Yet Ray Lawlor says this new material is just like that of the Life suite on TWGMTR. . . but we'll just ignore that nugget of information for the sake of carrying on this same monotonous argument for another 30 pages.

Ray seems like a nice enough guy, but the day I trust Ray's ears of what he says he's heard, over my ears of what I've already heard, will be the day Alzheimer's finally wins.

Do you really believe the crap you say?

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: July 22, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »

You are making assumptions that are not the case, actually listen to Frank Ocean to see why he is a fucking great SINGER who also raps.

Hey, Brian and Mike both rap! Why not just do a Beach Boys rap album and be done with it???
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 22, 2014, 06:03:31 PM »

etc. etc. etc.

I hope you're right!

What is your problem?  First you mention that two of them are homosexual, then you bring race into it... WTF man? 

It's my opinion.  The guests dont' sound great.  It has nothing to do with what color their genitals are.

I thought you were into country, you must have heard of Kacey Musgraves. She ain't homosexual, but wrote a song called Follow Your Arrow. You'd probably like it if you didn't think about it.

The guests don't sound great to you because you don't know sh*t about modern music, dude! It's ok to admit that, you're old now, but imagine how your dad would have felt if Johnny Cash was collaborating with Nick Cave. Who's Nick Cave? Some eighties man who sang a song with Kylie? f*** that.

Ron, you know nothing about modern music, and thus don't understand how cool it is that Brian is recording with these people. But you've gotta stop this 'GIOMH PART 2' nonsense.

You have to accept that these people are actually better than Eric Clapton.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 22, 2014, 06:03:36 PM »

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous"

Brian Wilson, Brag Magazine #385, September, 2010

Now, maybe I should ignore the man's own words, and be excited that he now understands and enjoys rap (I personally enjoy rap) but

If you think between 68, and 72, Brian developed a newfound appreciation of rap and decided, Hey! You know who I really like?  Frank Ocean!  Love his ish.  Also, I'd love for him to RAP on my new album!

Then I don't know what you're smoking.

OR. Frank Ocean just said, "Hey, you guys mind if I rap over this, just to see what it would sound like?"

Why jump to conclusions WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA what went on during that recording session?

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 22, 2014, 06:03:46 PM »

Summer of Smart Girls. Wink

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 22, 2014, 06:04:44 PM »

I thought this was the place to love the music of The Beach Boys/Brian....

not to bag out what the F they are doin now?

I have assumed wrong......

RB

so for the people who don't like what Brian and The BB's are doin now?............ why are you here?

You can't change the past, only what is.

Rb
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:06:23 PM by Rick Bartlett » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 106 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx