gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681337 Posts in 27635 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 04, 2024, 04:33:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Merged* Brian Wilson current album thread  (Read 573387 times)
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 13, 2014, 06:43:43 PM »

i'll only buy this album if Conchita Wurst is pulled in
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 13, 2014, 07:24:14 PM »

Does anybody know for sure if they played the Kacey song somewhere today?  It's not on that link, just a pretty horrible sounding Lana Del Ray...
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 13, 2014, 07:30:08 PM »

For those interested.  Haven't listened to it yet, but I think this is it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUzDClWO4XM
Mandy's got it right. People have no right berating and completely blowing off an album that hasn't even been released yet. It could be great, or it could be a terrible mistake, but just wait until you actually hear it before you criticize.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 13, 2014, 07:34:08 PM »

Does anybody know for sure if they played the Kacey song somewhere today?  It's not on that link, just a pretty horrible sounding Lana Del Ray...

Yea, somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that they did play a clip, but I am unsure now.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 13, 2014, 07:34:26 PM »

Lana Del Rey is a poseur. Poor little rich girl whose father has bought her a music career. Sorry to be such a d*** about it, according to some here. But out of the three women that Brian is dueting with, she has the highest sales figures, so that's why she's there.  I do think her saying such things about wishing she were dead makes her a bit of a bad role model to her younger fans, but that's not Brian's management's problem, is it?
How many albums have you sold? Is Brian a poseur because Murry hooked them up with the Morgans? Brian's struggled with mental illness and depression so he too is a terrible role model.

It doesn't matter "how many albums" I've sold because I'm not in her field. It's like saying people aren't entitled to their opinion about Kanye West because they didn't ever sell as many albums as Kanye West.

There is a difference between being mentally ill in private and saying you want to kill yourself in public interviews. I'm not sure Brian ever did the latter. He was also never an attractive young woman. My concern about Lana saying that is that there are young girls who look up to women stars as role models, especially ones who sell themselves in a glamorous way. I'm not even sure Britney Spears, for all her meltdowns,  ever told an interviewer she looked forward to dying. I'm not sure to blame Lana for that entirely. Maybe her handlers should look carefully at what their client is saying. Maybe she does need and isn't getting help. If she's just doing it for attention, that's a pretty bad way to get attention, in light of the rate of young people who self-harm.  

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: June 13, 2014, 08:20:49 PM »

It doesn't matter "how many albums" I've sold because I'm not in her field. It's like saying people aren't entitled to their opinion about Kanye West because they didn't ever sell as many albums as Kanye West.

Yeah, but calling her a poseur and that she had her way paid into the industry? If someone had 'paid' your 'way' into the industry, would you be as successful? There's one thing in having an opinion and not liking her music (I'm not a real big fan myself, although she does have an interesting voice)...that's perfectly cool. What you said though was borderline slander.
There is a difference between being mentally ill in private and saying you want to kill yourself in public interviews. I'm not sure Brian ever did the latter. He was also never an attractive young woman. My concern about Lana saying that is that there are young girls who look up to women stars as role models, especially ones who sell themselves in a glamorous way. I'm not even sure Britney Spears, for all her meltdowns,  ever told an interviewer she looked forward to dying. I'm not sure to blame Lana for that entirely. Maybe her handlers should look carefully at what their client is saying. Maybe she does need and isn't getting help. If she's just doing it for attention, that's a pretty bad way to get attention, in light of the rate of young people who self-harm.  

From what I've heard through various channels is that she is at the very least 'eccentric', and I don't think it was attention-seeking in the least. I had a WTF reaction when I heard she was working with Brian, and not for musical reasons.

Interesting, though, that you brought up Britney Spears, in that her mental/emotional state is far, far closer to Brian's than many realize...or rather, the Landy-era Brian.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:13:40 PM by Mike's hands have rings all around them » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 13, 2014, 09:12:39 PM »

I've noticed that about Britney before too.  Very similar to Brian.  Luckily she's turned things around however and seems to be happy, raising her children, and has a ... revitalized I guess in a way career (she has a show in Vegas).  She has a conservator, etc.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: June 14, 2014, 02:38:17 AM »

I've noticed that about Britney before too.  Very similar to Brian. Luckily she's turned things around however and seems to be happy, raising her children, and has a ... revitalized I guess in a way career (she has a show in Vegas).  She has a conservator, etc.

Ah... care to point me towards her equivalent of Pet Sounds, that she co-wrote, arranged, produced and that regularly tops Best Album of All Time polls ?  That one seems to have slipped under my radar.  Smiley

Re: Lana Del Ray, she has a new album to promote. Dunno about anyone else but I'd be surprised if she didn't do something like that. That said, looks like Brian's management made another sterling career decision.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 02:43:06 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #583 on: June 14, 2014, 04:14:21 AM »

I wonder why Brian doesn't want to write with Mike? Wink

Brian: "Say, Sweetie, how about writing a song just you and me together in a room?" Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: June 14, 2014, 07:11:50 AM »

I've noticed that about Britney before too.  Very similar to Brian. Luckily she's turned things around however and seems to be happy, raising her children, and has a ... revitalized I guess in a way career (she has a show in Vegas).  She has a conservator, etc.

Ah... care to point me towards her equivalent of Pet Sounds, that she co-wrote, arranged, produced and that regularly tops Best Album of All Time polls ?  That one seems to have slipped under my radar.  Smiley

Re: Lana Del Ray, she has a new album to promote. Dunno about anyone else but I'd be surprised if she didn't do something like that. That said, looks like Brian's management made another sterling career decision.
Andrew,  Ron was referring to her emotional and mental well-being. She's very much like the Landy-era Brian in that regard, among others (obviously not musically). The general public would sh*t if they knew the extent.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 14, 2014, 07:28:41 AM »

I've noticed that about Britney before too.  Very similar to Brian. Luckily she's turned things around however and seems to be happy, raising her children, and has a ... revitalized I guess in a way career (she has a show in Vegas).  She has a conservator, etc.

Ah... care to point me towards her equivalent of Pet Sounds, that she co-wrote, arranged, produced and that regularly tops Best Album of All Time polls ?  That one seems to have slipped under my radar.  Smiley

Andrew,  Ron was referring to her emotional and mental well-being. She's very much like the Landy-era Brian in that regard, among others (obviously not musically). The general public would sh*t if they knew the extent.

The only thing I'd question on that is comparing one person's mental state to another is pretty precarious business.  In my many years now as a Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fan I've heard countless lay psychologists try to diagnose exactly what "Brian's condition" is, what facilitated it, what triggers his up and down swings, what could have been done to prevent it and about every other conceivable topic known to man.  Brian Wilson has been in a word: dissected and many times to no good end.  I'm not getting on Ron or anyone else for making a comparison but again we aren't talking about similarities in their professional careers but their psyches which in my opinion is a pretty slippery slope to begin with.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 14, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »

People living in the maw of fame are under pressures, and divorced in many cases from outside perspective and a real support system, in ways most of us can't even fathom.  Add to that the extreme youth of many people thrust into that situation, and the general lack of sympathy and fickle nature of the public, who mostly view a celebrity as an avatar for either themselves or the things they don't like and not as a real human individual, and it's just not something I envy.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 14, 2014, 10:40:28 AM »

Yeah, she seems like a real idiot. Who thinks that spouting stupid sh*t is the ticket to attention.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 14, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »

i'll only buy this album if Conchita Wurst is pulled in

I'll only buy this album if Conchita Wurst is not pulled in.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 14, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »

Yeah, she seems like a real idiot. Who thinks that spouting stupid sh*t is the ticket to attention.

Miley Cyrus?

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #590 on: June 14, 2014, 11:31:34 AM »

Being an idiot and having emotional/mental issues are two different things.

Different from Miley Cyrus, whose behaviour is explained by being high/lit much of the time

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #591 on: June 14, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »

Who in the blue gravy hell is Conchita Wurst? Any relationship to Liver?

GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 14, 2014, 11:37:49 AM »

http://instagram.com/p/pO6u-Wjm3u/

Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 14, 2014, 11:45:59 AM »

Grin

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 14, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »

Brian looks great

He has been looking pretty good in these recent photos.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 12:07:07 PM by Down by the Banks of the Hanky Panky » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: June 14, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »

Brian looks great

GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 14, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »

Brian looks great

Stacey Kacey doesn't look too bad herself!!  Grin Grin
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 14, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »

I've noticed that about Britney before too.  Very similar to Brian. Luckily she's turned things around however and seems to be happy, raising her children, and has a ... revitalized I guess in a way career (she has a show in Vegas).  She has a conservator, etc.

Ah... care to point me towards her equivalent of Pet Sounds, that she co-wrote, arranged, produced and that regularly tops Best Album of All Time polls ?  That one seems to have slipped under my radar.  Smiley

Stop being obtuse for once in your life, you know what the f*** I meant. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 14, 2014, 01:56:27 PM »

The only thing I'd question on that is comparing one person's mental state to another is pretty precarious business.  In my many years now as a Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fan I've heard countless lay psychologists try to diagnose exactly what "Brian's condition" is, what facilitated it, what triggers his up and down swings, what could have been done to prevent it and about every other conceivable topic known to man.  Brian Wilson has been in a word: dissected and many times to no good end.  I'm not getting on Ron or anyone else for making a comparison but again we aren't talking about similarities in their professional careers but their psyches which in my opinion is a pretty slippery slope to begin with.

You're correct of course... the point I was agreeing with (I didn't originally make the point) was that Britney is surprisingly similar to Brian in that way.  As you say you don't see that too often, but there it is. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 14, 2014, 01:57:52 PM »

Yeah!  That's what I'm talking about.  I'm hoping we get to hear the song pretty soon.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 106 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx