gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680814 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 06:22:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Merged* Brian Wilson current album thread  (Read 568268 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: October 07, 2014, 02:03:52 PM »

I think he might have been about to win the limbo dance contest in that shot… no wonder he's happy!

“We live in divisive times.”
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: October 07, 2014, 02:08:13 PM »

Fresh off the press, from Brian's FB page:

At a playback session last evening at the Capitol Records recording studio, Brian talked about "Pet Sounds" in a Q&A with David Wild. Brian also performed a few songs at the event.

"Just farted. Don't give a damn."
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: October 07, 2014, 02:24:31 PM »

Amongst all the hype around Brian at the moment, movie, bbc thing, now would be a really good time to at least release a single

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: October 07, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »

That's not the weirding way 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: October 07, 2014, 04:05:06 PM »

"They played a handful of shows this summer gearing up for the release of Wilson’s new album, set for early December."

http://www.modbee.com/2014/10/02/3569033_brian-wilson-al-jardine-bring.html?sp=/99/2628/&rh=1

Amongst all the hype around Brian at the moment, movie, bbc thing, now would be a really good time to at least release a single

The BBC thing is a single. The movie isn't out yet.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: October 07, 2014, 05:02:46 PM »

Now looking like 2015 its all in with the movie, album and 'Brian's book'.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: October 07, 2014, 06:48:45 PM »

So I may be late in the game, I've not read this thread in weeks, we're up to 87 pages and searching for the words: "Summer Means New Love 2014" brings up a lot of items I don't need. But...

I Just saw on the Wikipedia article for Summer Means New Love that Brian rerecorded the tune in 2014, is it going to be on the new album?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2157 on: October 07, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »

At some point, I hope more folks take the advice given a few pages ago, or months ago...whenever...and wait for the official word of a release date. I'm not challenging anyone, but it's getting a little redundant to post something every time a local paper or some half-assed "music blog" publishes a scoop.

Just give it time, the official word will come out and the album will follow. This guessing and publishing and assuming based on nothing substantial isn't unwelcome, but still.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2158 on: October 07, 2014, 07:19:40 PM »

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: October 07, 2014, 08:08:38 PM »

So I may be late in the game, I've not read this thread in weeks, we're up to 87 pages and searching for the words: "Summer Means New Love 2014" brings up a lot of items I don't need. But...

I Just saw on the Wikipedia article for Summer Means New Love that Brian rerecorded the tune in 2014, is it going to be on the new album?
Sorry, I forgot what I read in the Rolling Stone article about this tune being recorded...I only read through it once quickly, sorry if my post is redundant.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2160 on: October 07, 2014, 08:23:30 PM »

Sorry, I forgot what I read in the Rolling Stone article about this tune being recorded...I only read through it once quickly, sorry if my post is redundant.

Not redundant at all, in fact more than welcome to explore any details about the songs, etc.!

I need to clarify just in case...My issue isn't with people here, in fact it's not even an issue but just an observation. It's any number of sites other than this board that seem to be haphazardly posting a release date, up to and including what appeared to be retailers like Amazon and Wal-Mart, and they've since removed that "info", which pretty much says it all and says what i feel about it too. I guess reading the umpteenth newspaper article or blog listing a release date that they either pulled out of thin air or pulled from some source that appears to have been wrong made me think how redundant *those sites* and the authors were getting with posting these various release dates.

And I was coming back at them, from afar, and suggesting we wait until an official word to be absolutely clear. I said SmileySmile would be among the first if not the best source of info whenever the official word comes down, and it would be cool to have this be the go-to place for the actual, correct info and related links. Let the other sites post their dates, pretty soon they'll run out of darts to throw at their office calendars, and you'll get the official word here.

I hope that clears up what I said earlier which may have come off the wrong way.  Smiley

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: October 07, 2014, 08:25:34 PM »

At some point, I hope more folks take the advice given a few pages ago, or months ago...whenever...and wait for the official word of a release date. I'm not challenging anyone, but it's getting a little redundant to post something every time a local paper or some half-assed "music blog" publishes a scoop.

Just give it time, the official word will come out and the album will follow. This guessing and publishing and assuming based on nothing substantial isn't unwelcome, but still.
Fair points, I agree with you entirely.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: October 07, 2014, 10:37:06 PM »

I gotcha! Crystal clear!

That reminds me, I was listening to a local oldies radio station and I think they started playing God Only Knows and then a female's voice came in talking about the new album, here's what was said in a general round-about-way, as I'm remembering from 2 weeks ago:

"Brian Wilson records and will release an album that was inspired when Mike Love fired him from the Beach Boys after Brian wanted to tour with the group more after the reunion tour."

I don't remember anymore as what I do remember stuck out like a sore thumb. They then started playing Califonia Girls and I think the same voice says "listen to the tune that Brian Wilson was inspired to write during an LSD trip." 
I've never heard anyone (on the radio) talk about that when talking about California Girls....the song played out and went on just like any other oldies station...it was very odd, it wasn't a "news" segment or anything.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: October 08, 2014, 11:45:58 PM »

Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: October 09, 2014, 02:02:26 AM »

Fresh off the press, from Brian's FB page:

At a playback session last evening at the Capitol Records recording studio, Brian talked about "Pet Sounds" in a Q&A with David Wild. Brian also performed a few songs at the event.

"Hey, Al, smell my finger."
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2165 on: October 09, 2014, 10:01:30 AM »

In the first picture, he looks a bit like Paul Dano, doesn't he? Cheesy

And here he looks like an incarnation of Phil Spector.

"Hey, Al, smell my finger."

That's a good one! Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: October 09, 2014, 11:55:47 PM »

I love how Brian still looks the same... sometimes.  I doubt he has any idea how effortlessly, timelessly  cool he is.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: October 10, 2014, 10:27:21 AM »

In the first picture, he looks a bit like Paul Dano, doesn't he? Cheesy

Brian NEVER looks like Paul Dano, it's up to others to try and look like Brian!

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: October 12, 2014, 04:28:26 PM »

Daily Mail seem to know something we don't...

The two-time Grammy nominee recorded a duet called Last Song with Brian Wilson, which will likely appear on his album No Pier Pressure.
The haunting ballad is reportedly about his band the Beach Boys breaking up in 2012.

Zooey Deschanel, Kacey Musgraves, and Frank Ocean are also rumoured to appear on Wilson's album, which Capitol Records drops in December.
'This project blows my mind,' the 72-year-old pop legend told Rolling Stone magazine last June.
'I had no idea we could pull this off!'

And the caption under a picture of Brian..

Dropping this December! The two-time Grammy nominee recorded a haunting duet called Last Song with Brian Wilson, which will likely appear on his album No Pier Pressure

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2787590/Lana-Del-Rey-rocks-lime-green-striped-vintage-dress-sold-concert-Austin.html

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2169 on: October 15, 2014, 12:59:22 AM »

You aren't annoyed by that joke, are you? Smiley

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: October 15, 2014, 06:44:19 AM »

No, it's Germans I detest

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2171 on: October 15, 2014, 05:13:30 PM »

No, it's Germans I detest

Why?

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: October 15, 2014, 05:27:55 PM »

Why ask Why?  ( AB would say  Drink Bud Dry)

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2173 on: October 16, 2014, 03:33:12 AM »

What made you detest Germans, unless you're not just putting me on?

ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: October 16, 2014, 09:10:16 AM »

Not sure.  It is still unclear—because Brian is currently under embargo—whether there will be a separate soundtrack album.  And there's a strong there might be.     "Summer Means New Love 2014" indicates (to me) that Brian recorded some soundtrack material.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 106 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx