gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 04:28:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Merged* Brian Wilson current album thread  (Read 569068 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1900 on: September 11, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »

Is Al associated with that site perhaps? Wink

I love this freakin' board.  Grin That is hilarious.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 11, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »

Seems like a pretty legitimate music blog, wonder if the info was leaked?  Even it it was leaked, you would think they would write a full article on it.

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1902 on: September 11, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »

Keep this in mind, that site is a blog.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: September 11, 2014, 09:25:08 PM »

All I can add is there is *nothing* but nothing on any of the official news feeds, social media, Capitol...nothing.

This is either a hoax, or someone f***ed up at that site. You don't announce an anticipated new album like this, you just don't.

Either it gets confirmed, or that site will have some questions to answer.

Damn, another soap opera.  Grin

Its a false alarm; I promise !  Any release information will come from Brianwilson.com or from Brian's Facebook page .  this is a strange one
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 11, 2014, 09:34:44 PM »

All I can add is there is *nothing* but nothing on any of the official news feeds, social media, Capitol...nothing.

This is either a hoax, or someone f***ed up at that site. You don't announce an anticipated new album like this, you just don't.

Its a false alarm; I promise !  Any release information will come from Brianwilson.com or from Brian's Facebook page .  this is a strange one

Thank you for taking the time to clarify, Ray!  My apologies to all for posting erroneous information!  Was hoping to lighten spirits around here with some cool news!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: September 11, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »

eh....History repeating?

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10787.0.html
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1906 on: September 11, 2014, 09:37:38 PM »

oh thank God. I like that title, but the idea of it being announced in that manner made me shake my head so much that the air around me has whiplash.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1907 on: September 11, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »

In defense of In the Key of Disney, it was the cover of 'Kiss the Girl' that turned my then four year old daughter into the diehard she is now (yeah, she takes after both of her parents)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 11, 2014, 09:41:44 PM »

It may not really be 'announced'. How many people are in the know? Probably quite a few and its hard to keep them all quiet.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 11, 2014, 10:18:06 PM »

Found on the blueboard, Brian's new album titled, "No Pier Pressure".  Street date:  11/4/14.  http://www.directcurrentmusic.com/

Mike finally got to write with Brian again, and Brian let him name the album!!!!

Razz

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 11, 2014, 10:20:27 PM »

In defense of In the Key of Disney, it was the cover of 'Kiss the Girl' that turned my then four year old daughter into the diehard she is now (yeah, she takes after both of her parents)

Your little one has good taste in music Smiley
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 11, 2014, 11:00:05 PM »

So you can confirm that this isn't the album title?

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 11, 2014, 11:00:44 PM »

Seems odd somebody would just make that up out of nowhere.  Of course it's the album title...
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 11, 2014, 11:11:16 PM »

This could be the title of his next great unreleased album… we'll maybe have to wait a little longer for the release of "Piery Pier Pressure"

“We live in divisive times.”
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1914 on: September 12, 2014, 12:30:06 AM »

LOL

wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 12, 2014, 01:19:29 AM »

This could be the title of his next great unreleased album… we'll maybe have to wait a little longer for the release of "Piery Pier Pressure"

It should be coming out a year or two after "Pleasurey Pleasure Island".

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 12, 2014, 04:40:25 AM »

[*de-lurks*]

Ray is close to the source of everything, so I have absolutely no doubt that he's correct above (thanks for commenting, Ray - and indeed for all of your insightful posts). However, I must admit I was intrigued, because Direct Current Music, or whatever it's called, is also the site that broke early news about the SMiLE Sessions box coming out, and, as is linked above, where early news about In The Key Of Disney came out (although I didn't know that until I saw that post above in this thread).

From discussions on here in 2011 about whether it was a legit site prior to the SMiLE box coming out, I seem to recall that it was run by someone in the music business with close links to Capitol, but not actually employed by them. Possibly someone who used to work for them? Or something like that? Anyone remember this? Bueller? Bueller...?

It definitely had the early scoop on when TSS was coming out, from what I recall, long before any dates were confirmed by Capitol - although I think DCM changed the date they had down for it themselves a couple of times before it was finally confirmed by Universal.

DISCLAIMER: my son was born between Autumn 2011 and now, so maybe all the late nights and early mornings have fried what was left of my brain in 2011, and all of the above is inaccurately remembered. Someone please put me right if I'm wrong...

You never know, maybe the name is right and the date is wrong. Or vice versa. And Ray doesn't *actually* say the name is wrong above...!

Even if it turns out to be wrong, I quite like the title... for a cumbersome maritime seafront architecture-related pun, it's not bad (not that I know many, or indeed *any* others). It beats the Wharf of the Sun, at any rate...  Wink

[*re-enlurks*]
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 12, 2014, 04:59:06 AM »

[nips back in]

...or, as a reference to the penultimate track of That Lucky Old Sun...

...Groyne Home

[gets coat]

PS Actually, Groyne sounds like the kind of name Weird Al Yankovic would give a Brian Wilson tribute.

EDIT: Oh, wait, he already did that
Gohi
« Reply #1918 on: September 12, 2014, 05:57:23 AM »

This site is definitely legitimate and this is almost definitely the title of the new Brian Wilson record. Sorry guys!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 12, 2014, 06:02:11 AM »

Well if it is, it's a terrible title.

"No Pier Pressure", who came up with that  LOL Awful pun

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1920 on: September 12, 2014, 06:17:19 AM »

Well if it is, it's a terrible title.

"No Pier Pressure", who came up with that  LOL Awful pun

I think the biggest problem would be that it's an entirely "in print" pun. Anyone who hears the title will of course assume it's "No Peer Pressure." Kind of reminds me of one story I heard from a fan who met one of the Beach Boys backstage at a concert in 1978 and asked what the title of their new album would be. They came away confused after being told by a band member that the new Beach Boys album was titled "Am I You?"  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: September 12, 2014, 08:14:17 AM »

So what does it actually mean, as a pun?  A refusal to countenance piers, beaches and all that goes with them?  No pressure from the Boys on this album.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: September 12, 2014, 08:17:12 AM »

Please remember: The working title of "Imagination" was "War Hero."

One wonders ...

My guess is that it's a jokey working title for the project.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:22:12 AM by Wirestone » Logged
beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: September 12, 2014, 08:26:36 AM »

I don't understand the tittle too, and Im not sure if I like it or not. But I really dont care, all I want is good music, with no autotune abuse.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: September 12, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »

Bad album title but I have a good idea for the cover; Brian locked in a recording booth happily singing into a microphone while a full Hawaiian beach attired Mike frantically bangs on the door from the other side.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 106 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx