gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680877 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 01:23:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Playing More Random Gigs - In Atlantic City This Saturday  (Read 4657 times)
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 09:17:25 AM »

Al's really a class act. Taking a shot at the guy whose lyrics he (Al) was singing on several songs. And, I'll bet Al has no problem cashing those Beach Boys' checks that he was disparaging. I'm surprised Al didn't take a shot at Mike & Bruce's setlist, based on the deep one Al played. Hypocrite.

I've always really liked Al and taken his side on most things but I agree unless he has asked Mike to tour as part of the group and Mike tells him no every time he has no right to criticize Mike and his touring, if Al wants to make it more authentic so bad then join Mike's group and get over it! Otherwise he has not right.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 09:19:50 AM »

Al's really a class act. Taking a shot at the guy whose lyrics he (Al) was singing on several songs. And, I'll bet Al has no problem cashing those Beach Boys' checks that he was disparaging. I'm surprised Al didn't take a shot at Mike & Bruce's setlist, based on the deep one Al played. Hypocrite.

I'm guessing there's more going on behind the scenes lately as things with the two of them had seemed to be on the mend lately.

I think you're right. That's why it bothers me that Al keeps sabotaging relations. How do think Mike would feel if he heard/read those comments by Al? No good can come out of taking shots at each other.
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 09:38:31 AM »

One of the most frustrating things about these guys is that it's easy to make Mike the bad guy because no one ever talks about what is going on.  If Al has a a beef then try and clear the air with it.

Now, on reading what I just wrote, I realize that Al, Mike nor anyone else associated with the band owes the fans any kind of explanation as to what is going on amongst them but dammit, it's so frustrating as fans to see them together and happy, see them apart and pissed at each other, back together and then apart and bickering again.

I usually side with Al as well but if he's bitching about things with Mike he should know that things are not going to change.  Mike and Bruce have the name, Al doesn't.  I sincerely believe Al as the MUCH MUCH MUCH better band but I don't think Mike and Bruce will be joining Al and his band anytime soon.

If Al wants leverage, see if he can hit the road on a more full time basis and have Dave join him.  Two Beach Boys vs two Beach Boys.

Love these guys but it's eternally frustrating to see them like this.  As noted, I love Al but also agree that he doesn't complain when he cashes those Wilson / Love penned song checks.

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
ToneBender631
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 09:47:38 AM »

I'm guessing there's more going on behind the scenes lately as things with the two of them had seemed to be on the mend lately.

I think you're right. That's why it bothers me that Al keeps sabotaging relations. How do think Mike would feel if he heard/read those comments by Al? No good can come out of taking shots at each other.

To be fair, I think the comment came out of his mouth as a somewhat lighthearted joke and he probably didn't realize how it sounded until afterwards. I think Al is eternally getting the proverbial football taken away from him right outside the end zone and regardless of what precipitates it (and I'm sure there's enough blame to go around), I'd imagine that it's incredibly frustrating.

I noticed the Jones Beach gig is billed as "The Beach Boys with Al Jardine and David Marks" on his website as opposed to "The Beach Boys", and I think that probably sums it up right there.

Either way, it was a great show and man, Mac McAnally is one heckuva talent.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 01:53:48 PM »

We need more Al Jardine gigs. Hope there is more to come.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 02:35:18 PM »

I wish Al would do a solo acoustic tour, in small clubs. Maybe a bass /guitar player along with him, say the great Billy Hinsche for example. The he could do, Looking at Tomorrow, Feet, etc....I would be there in a second, as would quite a few other long time fans.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 03:48:11 PM »

Maybe Al and Mike kid each other like that, because they're super close and good friends pick on each other.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2014, 11:32:28 PM »

Maybe Al and Mike kid each other like that, because they're super close and good friends pick on each other.
I agree. Going by what Mr. Bender & Mr. Numbers said, it surely seems as if Al was in a mood for joking (see fake Lookin' at Tomorrow start also). And really, why would anyone ask him about Mike when it's long established that the latter has his own band + Bruce? That's dumb, I'll tell you.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx