-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:44:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Peeves
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 11508 times)
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2006, 02:19:33 PM »

What are yours?

1.I tend to read a lot of books throughout my day. I can't stand being repeatedly interrupted for the sake of uninteresting, meaningless conversation with the same person each time. This isn't being hostile, and I'm polite with my reaction but it gets on my nerves.

2. I also cannot stand hearing a toilet flush and the door swinging wildly open. WASH YOUR HANDS. I don't want urine splashed hands cooking dinner.

That's all really to be brief with it.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
El Goodo
Smiley Smile Associate

coffee man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »

erm, cook your own dinner perhaps?
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 02:56:35 PM »

Some people feel they're being insulted when they're not let to cook for others.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 04:11:53 PM »

Hang a neat sign in the bathroom that politely requests that everyone washes their hands before returning to the real world?

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 04:49:26 PM »

"Take a look at your hands --- Now, wash them thoroughly for five days straight!"

Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 05:02:47 PM »

Steve, I miss you on AIM. I got stories to tell.
Jason
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 05:19:02 PM »

Steve, you need a life, a f***, a beer, and a lotta pot. Not necessarily in that order.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 06:35:27 PM »

I'd need a life to score the weed. I'd need the weed to score the booze, a combo of both in a girl to score the f***.

I'll check out AIM tomorrow afternoon.

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 09:01:04 AM »

I hate having to work with a bunch of jabbering ninnies. I like to work in a quiet atmosphere, but down the hall is an absolute jackass who sings and coughs and sneezes and laughs as loud as humanly possible. Why she has not been fired or reprimanded is beyond me. She is an embarrassment to the office and a major annoyance. Obviously desperately in need of attention. Flemmy anorexic skank. Last time I saw legs like that they had a note attached.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 12:12:04 AM »

Some people feel they're being insulted when they're not let to cook for others.
Well, what is stronger - your dislike for consuming urine or your willingness to let the person that prepares your food contaminate it?

If it's your dislike for consuming urine, and I'm betting that it is, then take a risk at insulting your stepmother or whatever and cook your own food.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 12:15:16 AM by Aegir » Logged

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 12:24:56 PM »

waterless hand sanitizer

My pet peeves?  Probably have more than I should.  Not really pet peeeves, but a laundry list of things that piss me off that I should learn to ignore.

1. My fat ass neighbors who hog all the parking spaces on the block with cars they seldom drive
2.Cars pulling up behind me in traffic with 400 decibel stereo systems playing hip hop crap.
3. People at work who try to make their screwup your emergency to address
4. Nearly all television programming...... pimp my car, pimp my apartment, pimp my house, pimp my music, pimp my food etc.
I even saw the Godfather marrrkedted as original gangstas last month.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 01:17:18 PM »

Hey Donald - i bet your stress levels would decrease dramatically if you could learn to ignore that stuff.  You can't control it...it passes quickly enough...let it go, dude.  Long life to you...

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 02:15:48 PM »

An annoyance I find in myself; I appear in public to be a stranger to who I really am. My personality seems to not be very agreeable to some people -- one of the main reasons I keep my mouth shut in serious conversations.

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

Susan...you are correct...stress levels do drop when you can ignore that stuff.  I find that stress builds on stress.  Things seem worse when you're already stressed.   At that point I try to call it a day and just go do something solitary and nondemanding.

But you know the old definition of stress..... right?

Stress is what happens when you surpress the natural urge to choke the living sh*t out of some asshole who desperately needs it.
  Wink
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 05:43:10 AM »

I DO know that definition, Donald...and i have found in the past that sometimes you just shouldn't supress the urge.  Choke the bastard!!!

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 07:04:03 AM »

Back from getting pissed on to getting pissed off...And it's music related. And Beach Boys related.

It bothers me when, on a CD, the songs run into each other with little or no gaps/time between them. I like to digest the song for at least a couple of seconds before the next one comes on. This seems more prevalent on CD's than the old vinyl LP's.

The Pet Sounds' CD's are guilty of this. Geez, let me enjoy the fade of "Wouldn't It Be Nice" before the harpsicord of "You Still Believe In Me" comes blasting through.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 07:11:47 AM »

To run with that thought -- The fades on alot of Beach Boys songs are often too short. Songs that needed a few more seconds:

Good Vibrations
Wouldn't It Be Nice

Those are the ones which make themselves and their abrupt end's known to me.

That's a piano at the start of You Still Believe In Me. The harpsi comes in with the whole set of musicians. "I Know perfectly well..."

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 07:34:39 AM »

You're absolutely right about "You Still Believe In Me", Mr. Phileas Fogg! I was just about to edit my post, but you got to it too fast!

If I could add two songs to your list of short fades/abrupt endings:

Fun, Fun, Fun (album version)
California Girls (before all of the remixes)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 09:11:38 PM »

I have a new pet peeve.. kids who play with arcade games without putting coins in. Playing with the stupid steering wheel on driving games, smashing buttons.. argh.. it's not giving them any enjoyment, it's doing nothing but harm to everyone, why even bother?!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 08:37:40 AM »

Pet peeve: people being late. It is worse because I'm obsessively punctual, usually to the point of being early. So by "on time," I've already been waiting. It's made worse by knowing my own neuroses add to it!

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 12:12:03 PM »

I hate jerk off's who love to make people they hardly know uncomfortable by smirking at them. Or people who stare at you with some stupid grin on their face like you're a mentally handicapped person. I have to suppress the urge to tell them to go f*** themselves. Smug mo'fos.

They're a bunch of creeps with only one talent: making other people uncomfortable.

I don't know how some people are so comfortable acting like tools. I couldn't live with myself or I'd be too self conscious to act like a pig.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 12:26:37 PM »

I hate jerk off's who love to make people they hardly know uncomfortable by smirking at them. Or people who stare at you with some stupid grin on their face like you're a mentally handicapped person. I have to suppress the urge to tell them to go f*** themselves. Smug mo'fos.

They're a bunch of creeps with only one talent: making other people uncomfortable.

I don't know how some people are so comfortable acting like tools. I couldn't live with myself or I'd be too self conscious to act like a pig.

Nobody has ever done that to me. I'm not the grinner at others either because I barely even look at people when I'm outside. The best thing you could do is to give the whole thing back to them. Grin back at them and they'll see that they've met their match. Sometimes there's nothing better than standing up for yourself in such situations, and not letting the morons have their way.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 12:27:19 PM »

Heywood's post led me to thinking..

Lots of people think that I think I'm better than them, that I look at them in such a way that it drains their confidence, such a way that makes them feel that I hate them and I think they're inferior.

Whereas really, I have a terribly low self-opinion of myself; I used to be extremely intelligent when I was younger but now I'm probably much dumber than I was then and everyone else has caught up. I look at my writing from when I was in 8th grade and wish I could still write like that now. The problem is, I write conversationally, I always have, but my conversational speaking from five years ago had the tone of a scholarly essay (peppered with expletives, of cours, though I made sure not to include those in). Now -- I don't think smarter than anyone else, I don't talk smarter than everyone else... I'm just weird.

You know how it's okay to laugh at someone for being weird when they're intoxicated? Well, I was drinking a few months ago, but I still had all my wits about me and was acting completely normal. Some girl that I had never met before that saw the way I was acting, my animated hand motions, my manner of speaking, and started laughing and me. Laughing and laughing and laughing. Which lead me to believe in most situations, people are holding back their laughter. I'm a joke.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 01:42:33 PM by Aegir » Logged

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »

Post a video clip of your eccentric motions for us to see.

But seriously, I think I know where you might be coming from with that whole thing. I've been told by (ex?) friends that I act superior to them and for a while I believed what they were saying. When I'm around a large group of people who I do not know I'll tend to stick to myself. That might mean not taking part in any talk or activity other than minding my own business. Some people, usually extroverts, interpret this to be a hostile thing, they think I don't like them and therefore ignore them. So I'm always worried that people will think that I'm an asshole rather than a joke. 

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 01:50:04 PM »

Yeah, that's what I was getting at before I sort of trailed off; I can be pretty loud and social sometimes, but half the time I just sit there and don't say or do anything if I'm not comfortable with the situation or don't have anything to contribute. And then when someone tries to include me in the conversation by asking me something or whatever, I usually end up saying something that can be misinterpreted as, "I really don't care about what you peons are talking about." And whenever I'm walking with a group of people I somehow tend to end up either behind or in front of them all, never near the majority of the group. I end up being the "third wheel" alot.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: