gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680817 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 12:16:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recent Pro-shot Mike & Bruce(and Foskett) videos  (Read 9344 times)
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 09:26:16 PM »

(Brianista content warning)-Funny how the praise for Jeff goes up when he joins M&B.

It could be that he's trying harder now that he has a new gig.

yeah, that must be it.  Wall
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2014, 12:47:53 AM »

It's a catchy tune!
OSD comment on the youtube page-
"More boring, horrible mahacrappi horsepoop from myKe luHv."

It is illegal to quote banned for lifetime members on this board.

Or should be, anyway. Well, in OSD's case.

Even if I agree with him about "mahacrappy". The song in itself is beautiful and deserves unreligious lyrics.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2014, 09:48:41 AM »

(Brianista content warning)-Funny how the praise for Jeff goes up when he joins M&B.

It could be that he's trying harder now that he has a new gig.

yeah, that must be it.  Wall

I'm sure that anyone who knows they'll be playing that many shows this year, and is getting more lead vocals. is going to train for it. Lots of practice,  maybe some coaching. With Brian, he was only doing a couple of lead vocals, fill-ins for Brian, and harmony work, with less gigs per year overall. It seems as though he has taken over leads from Mike's band members and is getting more work this time.
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2014, 04:53:31 PM »

Please stop.
It wasn't long ago people were complaining he was doing ALL the singing for Brian, and we had threads about how awful it was. Now Jeff is with Mike & Bruce and it's all good because he has had some practice, a bit of coaching and is trying a bit harder!

Jeff has always been great singer, great support to Brian, and most of the time (  Wink) fantastic to the fans.

KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2014, 10:03:44 PM »

Well, he deserted Brian. So there's that . . .Listen to the videos. He sounds better than he did during C50 or his later years with Brian. He's a man renewed, for the time being. Maybe he feels appreciated.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2014, 10:41:46 PM »

Why do you think he deserted Brian?  That's a curious way to put it. 

Just for clarity's sake, i'm going to remind everybody or inform those that may not know: When Mike tours as "The Beach Boys" Brian receives money from that.  Jeff playing for Mike makes Brian money while he sits at home. 

The whole idea that Brian and Mike hate each other and never talk and everything's really bad completely ignores that they have a pretty healthy, although mostly hands off, business arrangement that each benefits from (and the other members of the corporation)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2014, 12:11:26 AM »

Well, he deserted Brian.

A bit harsh. Brian has a handful of gigs booked this year and who knows what his future holds. Rightly or wrongly, his own daughter said he was scaling back touring so of course working musicians are going to look for other employment.
Nicko1234
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2014, 05:30:48 AM »

Jeff has always been great singer, great support to Brian, and most of the time (  Wink) fantastic to the fans.

Nah, Jeff has never been a great singer and isn`t now. Matt Jardine has a better falsetto voice imo and should fit in well in Brian`s band. Jeff certainly did give great support to Brian though.
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2014, 06:32:14 AM »

Nah, Jeff has never been a great singer and isn`t now.

Well, both Brian and Mike obviously disagree. (Have you and Kitty ever been seen in the same room? Wink )
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »

Why do you think he deserted Brian?  That's a curious way to put it. 

Just for clarity's sake, i'm going to remind everybody or inform those that may not know: When Mike tours as "The Beach Boys" Brian receives money from that.  Jeff playing for Mike makes Brian money while he sits at home. 

The whole idea that Brian and Mike hate each other and never talk and everything's really bad completely ignores that they have a pretty healthy, although mostly hands off, business arrangement that each benefits from (and the other members of the corporation)

Actually, the group is a textbook example of how a business/corporate relationship can exist and sometimes even flourish even while interpersonal relationships can be strained or even nearly nonexistent at times.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Nicko1234
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »

Well, both Brian and Mike obviously disagree. (Have you and Kitty ever been seen in the same room? Wink )

Going by that reasoning, Mike and Bruce thought Adrian Baker was a great singer...

I don`t subscribe to Kitty`s views that Foskett is suddenly singing better. He sounds quite good on some songs and moderately painful (to my ears) on others which is the way it has always been.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2014, 02:12:04 PM »

Going by that reasoning, Mike and Bruce thought Adrian Baker was a great singer...

I don`t subscribe to Kitty`s views that Foskett is suddenly singing better. He sounds quite good on some songs and moderately painful (to my ears) on others which is the way it has always been.

Jeff is mostly maintaining, but his voice is continuing to lose it's appeal as time goes on, just as most voices do. I think it would be wise for Jeff's health, Randall's musicianship, and the band's sound if Randall took a few of his leads back, and maybe even gave Scott Totten a few more.
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »

I like Jeff's falsetto, but I'd be curious to hear him singing Carl's or Al's parts in the stacks instead, given the current BBs have a wealth of good falsettos.  I think Jeff's full voice in the traditional Al range would really cut through a mix in the same way Al's does.  Here's a cool video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH08wcE4Z60
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2014, 12:26:07 AM »

Edit: Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread.  LOL
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:27:20 AM by PPTug » Logged

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2014, 08:39:47 AM »

Yeah...like when Jeff takes over vocals in Caroline No instead of having Brian sing the "break my heart" bit. I don't really care if Brian can't sing they high anymore, it sounds awful when Jeff comes in halfway through and Brian just sits there.

Brian can probably still hit the high note.  Like he "accidentally" did in one of the C50 shows for Good Vibrations.  It seemed to me like someone didn't trust that Brian would put in an effort all of the time, so they had Jeff singing everything just in case.
ToneBender631
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »

Yeah...like when Jeff takes over vocals in Caroline No instead of having Brian sing the "break my heart" bit. I don't really care if Brian can't sing they high anymore, it sounds awful when Jeff comes in halfway through and Brian just sits there.

But, we have to be careful not to shoot the messenger. Jeff is...er...was just doing his job. That is what Brian and his wifeandmanagers hired him to do. And think of the alternative. It would've been very uncomfortable if Brian just sat there not singing with the song continuing along sans vocal.

That's a good point but it'd be nice if someone shook Brian a bit and reminded him that he's still capable of hitting the notes. Smiley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx