-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:46:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  "Hand guns should be legalised and licensed, Nigel Farage has said"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Hand guns should be legalised and licensed, Nigel Farage has said"  (Read 6048 times)
Jason
« on: May 28, 2014, 12:00:26 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10595087/Hand-guns-should-be-legalised-and-licensed-Nigel-Farage-has-said.html

Radical stance from the leader of UKIP given general anti-gun feelings in the UK.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 12:44:23 PM »

What the hell do people need handguns for aside from killing other people?  People are so ridiculous.

Jason
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 12:48:15 PM »

Defending themselves from people who pose a serious danger to them?
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 12:57:21 PM »

Defending themselves from people who pose a serious danger to them?

You mean defending themselves from other people with guns.  It's a little redundant when you think about it.  It's just awful that we don't have stricter gun laws here in the States.

Jason
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 01:04:33 PM »

California has some of the strictest in the United States...didn't stop Elliot Rodger that much. Those who use them responsibly are not the problem. Those who are irrational are. All the background checks in the world are not perfect. Personal responsibility and safety is a requirement. And only you can be the best judge of how you take care of that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:06:39 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Jason
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 01:13:11 PM »

Getting back on topic...what do our UK folks on here think of Farage? I'm personally not a fan. He sounds like a fascist.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 01:21:05 PM »

....back off topic, sorry TRBB Cheesy

California has some of the strictest in the United States...didn't stop Elliot Rodger that much. Those who use them responsibly are not the problem. Those who are irrational are. All the background checks in the world are not perfect. Personal responsibility and safety is a requirement. And only you can be the best judge of how you take care of that.

Agreed.

Also, I can't imagine not having a firearm available to protect myself from a home-invasion. I shudder to imagine what it would feel like to be totally dependent on the response time of a police car.

If you want to own a weapon you should be required to take a course in firearm safety, you should have a thorough background check done, and perhaps even a mental health check. But, in a gang/criminal infested country like America, it's baffling that some people want to abolish this right. 

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 01:27:20 PM »

Getting back on topic...what do our UK folks on here think of Farage? I'm personally not a fan. He sounds like a fascist.

I don't agree with everything he says but compared to the knobheads that represent the main three parties he talks the most sense.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 01:32:33 PM »

....back off topic, sorry TRBB Cheesy

Agreed.

Also, I can't imagine not having a firearm available to protect myself from a home-invasion. I shudder to imagine what it would feel like to be totally dependent on the response time of a police car.

If you want to own a weapon you should be required to take a course in firearm safety, you should have a thorough background check done, and perhaps even a mental health check. But, in a gang/criminal infested country like America, it's baffling that some people want to abolish this right. 

I'd hate to see easy access to guns in the UK, but with a country like America I think it's a case of you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Once a country is fllooded with criminals carrying guns it's only natural that law abiding citizens would want a gun to defend themselves, I know I would.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 02:20:23 PM »

Easy access isn't the problem. Idiots are the problem. A gun is only a tool. How one uses it is the problem - and then you can only blame the perpetrator, not the object.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 06:09:32 PM »

Don't make it easy for idiots to legally obtain tools to kill people.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 12:36:27 AM »

Nigel Farage should be shot.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 05:27:57 AM »

He's more of an idiot than a fascist, but he has a following made up of formerly traditional Labour and Tory voters largely because his views on Europe and immigration appeal to them.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 08:01:47 AM »

You could also add that Rodger didn't just only use guns on his killing spree; also stabbed his roommates to death.  Kid was nuts...

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: