gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 02:11:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cry for help !  (Read 1961 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2014, 10:40:04 PM »

Anyone out there got a complete set of Billboard 1967-1971 ? Nothing to do with the BB.  Smiley

Also, someone once kindly directed me to a site that had the complete UK EP charts (amongst others) for the 60s and I'd dearly like to find that one again. Sorry ? No, of course I didn't bookmark it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:47:45 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 01:06:14 AM »

Also, someone once kindly directed me to a site that had the complete UK EP charts (amongst others) for the 60s and I'd dearly like to find that one again. Sorry ? No, of course I didn't bookmark it.

http://www.worldcharts.co.uk/archives/zep/60/jan.htm

This site goes from 59-67. Scroll over "Complete UK EP Charts" and pick your month and year.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 11:08:11 AM »

Thanks. Much appreciated, and this time I shall bookmark it.  Smiley

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 11:28:55 AM »

The Billboard archive used to be available and searchable through Google News and their archive search, but for some crazy reason they eliminated the feature where you could access and search archived newspapers and magazines directly. As in the difference between hitting a few icons and being taken directly to the full Billboard archive where you could both search and browse anything there versus having to enter and navigate through a bunch of searches and screens to find just one issue.

Check Google, I know there is probably a way to access the Billboard issue archive again, but perhaps they even eliminated that feature since I last checked.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »

Thanks, but the Billboard archive for the period I'm interested in isn't complete. I checked.  Smiley

Here's how to search what they have:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ySgEAAAAMBAJ&vq=Spanky&source=gbs_navlinks_s

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »

Thanks, but the Billboard archive for the period I'm interested in isn't complete. I checked.  Smiley

Here's how to search what they have:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ySgEAAAAMBAJ&vq=Spanky&source=gbs_navlinks_s

I'll bookmark that! I knew some issues were missing from the 60's when I was searching but didn't realize how many. I remember the last time I tried to search the newspaper archives too, Google changed their setup and made it far less user-friendly for whatever reason.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx