gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:18:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brother Re-Issues: Proposed Bonus Tracks  (Read 172163 times)
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 22, 2014, 11:33:55 PM »

Does TM Song have the "ooh waa" background vocals?

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 23, 2014, 03:06:11 AM »

. (this is apparently the best way to 'watch thread', without receiving email updates?)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:29:30 AM by tansen » Logged

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
rogerlancelot
« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2014, 02:27:14 PM »

Why does this thread (currently the most interesting one) keep disappearing?

Huh
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 27, 2014, 03:44:07 AM »

Huh

It won't anymore!
Here's the TM backing track:  Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6U2ubpBd28
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 27, 2014, 03:45:17 AM »

Those are some amazing background vocals!! Thanks for posting  angel

Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 27, 2014, 04:00:04 AM »

Great Googley Moogely
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 27, 2014, 10:19:03 AM »

wow...incredible, easily one of the most amazing songs they EVER did....
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 27, 2014, 05:09:24 PM »

Huh

This is the saddest thread of all time and I'm going to be happy when it gets buried.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: June 27, 2014, 07:07:53 PM »

Huh

It won't anymore!
Here's the TM backing track:  Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6U2ubpBd28

LOL...the BB equivalent of being rick rolled

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 02, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »

Whilst visiting CA, I was able to get by the CD Trader store where Klay picked up this set: 
  In fact, when I was there I started by asking " Is this the store that sold that set of CDs called (something like) "Proposed Brother Bonus Tracks by the Beach Boys" ??
 Two guys working there, one seemd lost, until  the first guy told him " you remember, some guy brought in a bunch of boot CDs and that was one of them; he continued by saying it had been posted about on some BBs message board after the sale.  the other guy remembered then and said he had copied the CDs to his iTunes...( before they sold it to Klay! )  I didn't comment as to whether it was really a boot....
 I wasn't able to stick around long enough to have a good chance to work on getting a copy from the guy, especially as he said he only had his iTunes at home not the store.( and wasn't sure if he could even copy them back)   but MAYBE someone that lives nearby could convince him to make a copy so more of us could hear the tracks....   

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 02, 2014, 07:58:28 PM »

but MAYBE someone that lives nearby could convince him to make a copy so more of us could hear the tracks....   
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

A discipline daddy.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #511 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:11 PM »

I go to LA once a month for 4 day trips. Where is the store located?
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 02, 2014, 10:33:52 PM »

I wasn't able to stick around long enough to have a good chance to work on getting a copy from the guy, especially as he said he only had his iTunes at home not the store.( and wasn't sure if he could even copy them back)

He could quite easily copy them back onto something else once their on his computer. The problem would just be talking him into it.
If someone goes, bring some CD-R's or a flash drive to put 'em on.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 03, 2014, 03:31:20 AM »

Razz
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: July 03, 2014, 04:22:27 AM »

Whilst visiting CA, I was able to get by the CD Trader store where Klay picked up this set:  
  In fact, when I was there I started by asking " Is this the store that sold that set of CDs called (something like) "Proposed Brother Bonus Tracks by the Beach Boys" ??
 Two guys working there, one seemd lost, until  the first guy told him " you remember, some guy brought in a bunch of boot CDs and that was one of them; he continued by saying it had been posted about on some BBs message board after the sale.  the other guy remembered then and said he had copied the CDs to his iTunes...( before they sold it to Klay! )  I didn't comment as to whether it was really a boot....
 I wasn't able to stick around long enough to have a good chance to work on getting a copy from the guy, especially as he said he only had his iTunes at home not the store.( and wasn't sure if he could even copy them back)   but MAYBE someone that lives nearby could convince him to make a copy so more of us could hear the tracks....    

Nice try Chris... you're getting better, you almost had me going there for a moment. Then I saw who the poster was...  Grin
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:35:40 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 03, 2014, 05:17:12 AM »

Two guys working there, one seemd lost, until  the first guy told him " you remember, some guy brought in a bunch of boot CDs and that was one of them; he continued by saying it had been posted about on some BBs message board after the sale.  the other guy remembered then and said he had copied the CDs to his iTunes...( before they sold it to Klay! )  I didn't comment as to whether it was really a boot....
 I wasn't able to stick around long enough to have a good chance to work on getting a copy from the guy, especially as he said he only had his iTunes at home not the store.( and wasn't sure if he could even copy them back)   but MAYBE someone that lives nearby could convince him to make a copy so more of us could hear the tracks....   

Nice try Chris... you're getting better, you almost had me going there for a moment. Then I saw who the poster was...  Grin

Can I cancel my flight?

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 03, 2014, 05:51:05 AM »

Nice try Chris... you're getting better, you almost had me going there for a moment. Then I saw who the poster was...  Grin

Can I cancel my flight?

No loss  for me if you cancel; I'll just presume someone will try to talk him into copying them. He comes across very open and friendly, just not certain about his copying ability, methinks.

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 03, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »

too late, I already sold the house to buy the record store  Cry
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 08, 2014, 11:27:43 AM »

(Please forgive my bad English) There's been a lot of stuff released officially, including some great songs from the archives - the latest being Made in California. Unfortunately the BB (etc) are holding on to the rest of the stuff. However, I am pretty sure many of the songs mentioned here will be released officially, but how many more fans will have to die before they release the stuff? Am I being selfish? Because I enjoy everything BB/Brian? "Give the people what the people want" (?) Huh
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 08, 2014, 12:20:49 PM »

Unfortunately the BB (etc) are holding on to the rest of the stuff. However, I am pretty sure many of the songs mentioned here will be released officially, but how many more fans will have to die before they release the stuff? Am I being selfish? Because I enjoy everything BB/Brian? "Give the people what the people want" (?) Huh

Of course I'd love to see (a lot) more unreleased Beach Boys material get an official release in the near future. But then again, an artist has every right to hold anything back if he for some reason doesn't think it's suitable for release. Of course it's frustrating to know that a lot of what the Beach Boys did release is much worse than a lot of what they didn't release, but still... It's their legacy, they will be judged by everything that's released under their name, so they get to decide what comes out and what doesn't. We as fans don't have the right to hear more unreleased stuff, we can only hope we'll get the privilege.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 08, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »

Unfortunately the BB (etc) are holding on to the rest of the stuff. However, I am pretty sure many of the songs mentioned here will be released officially, but how many more fans will have to die before they release the stuff? Am I being selfish? Because I enjoy everything BB/Brian? "Give the people what the people want" (?) Huh

Of course I'd love to see (a lot) more unreleased Beach Boys material get an official release in the near future. But then again, an artist has every right to hold anything back if he for some reason doesn't think it's suitable for release. Of course it's frustrating to know that a lot of what the Beach Boys did release is much worse than a lot of what they didn't release, but still... It's their legacy, they will be judged by everything that's released under their name, so they get to decide what comes out and what doesn't. We as fans don't have the right to hear more unreleased stuff, we can only hope we'll get the privilege.

well, yeah, sure!  Doesn't stop folks from trying to hear the unreleased stuff tho, in whatever form they can.
Anybody make it by CDTrader yet, to try and get a copy(s) of his Itunes stuff ?

Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 17, 2014, 01:29:29 PM »

So any update on this?  Don't let the most exciting thread of the year die.  Keep hope alive that this sees the light of day!   angel
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 17, 2014, 04:03:37 PM »

Damn, my brother used to live 5 minutes from CD Trader.  I have a friend who will head over there soon to attempt to get this stuff.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:27:23 PM by Ram4 » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 17, 2014, 04:31:51 PM »

Damn, my brother used to live 5 minutes from CD Trader.  I have a friend who will head over there soon to attempt to get this stuff.

O, happy day!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 17, 2014, 06:35:58 PM »

FGI.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx