gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:10:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brother Re-Issues: Proposed Bonus Tracks  (Read 171446 times)
Jason
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2014, 10:56:20 AM »

Wow, I can't believe folks are ripping this guy for coming here and sharing his excitement over his find...  I don't see it as gloating at all.  It's OK to be envious, but for the envy to manifest itself as attacks on the OP -- sheesh...

I agree. Everyone needs to cool off and take a few steps back.
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2014, 10:56:42 AM »

It just feels like the prevailing attitude is something like:

Poster: Hey folks -- I just stumbled upon some rare, unreleased, unbootlegged stuff at the record store today!  As soon as I've had a chance to digest it, I'll post on here and describe it.

Smiley Board: Oh yeah, buddy?  Well, if you're not prepared to give us copies right now, then get the hell out of here!

Lee
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2014, 11:09:49 AM »

Poster: Hey folks -- I just stumbled upon some rare, unreleased, unbootlegged stuff at the record store today!  As soon as I've had a chance to digest it, I'll post on here and describe it.

Smiley Board: Oh yeah, buddy?  Well, if you're not prepared to give us copies right now, then get the hell out of here!

Lee

+over 9000!

I can understand the excitement, but just like with beachboys_fr one must be aware that this board is full of diehard fans who would love to hear this stuff.

If OP wants to share then that's cool of course, if not then I would question his motives of posting this info here. Ofc it could always be troll material and we're wasting our time. Last time this happened people had to give up a number of collectibles to hear WIBNTLA which IMO was poor judgment by the OP back then.

Would be great if this OP can figure out what he/she wants to do rather than post about his/her joys much to the envy of others without it really going anywhere. Everyone KNOWS Brian did a demo of Til I Die, everyone KNOWS there was an alleged session about a song called Clangin, etc. People want to hear it, not have it described in words. It's like trying to explain what a Mozart piece sounds like in an essay - utterly pointless; unless the song is to be heard afterwards. Probably won't be released since we got MiC with less than what the diehard fans were hoping for in terms of new or unreleased material (which is abundant).

I'm not telling OP what to do. He/she is free to do whatever. This is simply a friendly reminder for anyone to act with caution and with a plan of action when presenting this kind of news to the board. I'm just hoping that this doesn't go down like last time. Wink
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2014, 11:14:57 AM »

Lee

+over 9000!

I can understand the excitement, but just like with beachboys_fr one must be aware that this board is full of diehard fans who would love to hear this stuff.

If OP wants to share then that's cool of course, if not then I would question his motives of posting this info here. Ofc it could always be troll material and we're wasting our time. Last time this happened people had to give up a number of collectibles to hear WIBNTLA which IMO was poor judgment by the OP back then.

Would be great if this OP can figure out what he/she wants to do rather than post about his/her joys much to the envy of others without it really going anywhere. Everyone KNOWS Brian did a demo of Til I Die, everyone KNOWS there was an alleged session about a song called Clangin, etc. People want to hear it, not have it described in words. It's like trying to explain what a Mozart piece sounds like in an essay - utterly pointless; unless the song is to be heard afterwards. Probably won't be released since we got MiC with less than what the diehard fans were hoping for in terms of new or unreleased material (which is abundant).

I'm not telling OP what to do. He/she is free to do whatever. This is simply a friendly reminder for anyone to act with caution and with a plan of action when presenting this kind of news to the board. I'm just hoping that this doesn't go down like last time. Wink
He was asked to describe it, it wasn't like he was gloating and did it on his own. No one should expect anything that they are not entitled to. Pretty simple concept, really.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2014, 11:23:07 AM »

It's possible that this is the only chance we have to hear some of these songs. At the very least it will be a while...it's normal to want something like this.

Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2014, 11:28:21 AM »

I told everyone that an instrumental of TM Song would be revelatory and they called me a madman, looks like the joke is on them now... well, only kinda, I probably will go mad as long as I know that these recordings exist beyond my grasp Cry

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2014, 11:32:14 AM »

It's possible that this is the only chance we have to hear some of these songs. At the very least it will be a while...it's normal to want something like this.
It might be normal to want, but to get testy & rude about it isn't.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2014, 11:38:08 AM »

Klay, share it with me. We can add it to the Survivor rounds.  Evil
Sometimes while reading through threads I laugh out loud.  This is one of those times.  Thanks pixletwin.  Like adding the list to a new odds'n'ends Survivor (Hey, I've got leverage here!) is going to convince him to share it all with you. Razz
Klay, I'm sure you are sincere and just want to share the exciting find.  And I want to thank you.  Enjoyed reading about it.
btw folks, some of you must have checked Klay's stats.  No, he doesn't post very often - but he's been around for years.  He's not the only one who does that - join, but mostly just read.  I almost put up a Welcome to the Forum post, but have learned to investigate a bit before doing that.  Let's give this time, and continue to hope we will continue to hear new things eventually.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:56:16 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2014, 11:57:20 AM »

You know the scary thing is that this looks EXACTLY like my handwriting:

(and no, it's not...)

Lee
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2014, 12:27:37 PM »

I don't think anyone's being mean to Klay, exactly.
Just because people aren't fully buying what he's selling doesn't constitute some sort of mean-spiritedness.

It's just a healthy dose of skepticism, and why not? The whole thing is a complete mystery that none of has answers for - how often does that happen?

I would love to hear these recordings, just like anyone else on this board, and would be delighted if he felt like sharing. And, again, why not? You have a bunch of unreleased recordings that you could share with a grateful audience. What's the harm?
If I had found and bought this collection (and I would have, dammit), you people would be the first I would share these songs with.

However, if he doesn't want to edit: hate (Freudian slip) share for whatever reason, I'll be forced to swallow my jealousy and move on.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:51:28 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2014, 12:40:32 PM »

So how is the sound quality on this thing?  Does it sound like a bootleg or do the tracks sound like they have been professionally touched up?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2014, 12:54:57 PM »

I think it's uncool to DEMAND anything from Klay.

If he had said that he's got those tracks but he can't share beacause someone he knows might lose his job, I'd understand. I'd welcome descriptions. That's not the case.

Well, whatever, it's not killing me not to listen to those tracks.

If you folks like descritions so much, I can write about Burlesque, the long lost Brian track from 1972 which has a counterpoint that ended up as the main tune in Midnight's Another Day. Unfortunately I can't share.  Cheesy

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2014, 02:34:54 PM »

I'm happy Klay came on here and shared as much as he did. This board is supposed to be a "bootleg free" zone isn't it (other than discussion)? They guy found something cool, listened to it and is giving us descriptions which I am very happy to read. Hopefully he'll post some more. I get the feeling if other people here found this, they'd share it with a select few but wouldn't go out of their way to help everyone here get a copy or download. There is no reason why Klay should. No one here is entitled to anything.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2014, 02:36:45 PM »

I don't agree, just to be the devil's advocate.

He should have known when he posted here he'd be asked to post.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2014, 02:43:19 PM »

Every thread gets to this eventually

Smokin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2014, 02:56:22 PM »

Every thread gets to this eventually

Smokin

Right, right; two step, side step....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »

Holy sh*t, you guys. Just got back from the same record store (Googled the place and found the address). Check this out:

What’s this, more diaphanous moiety?

Evil

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »

Holy sh*t, you guys. Just got back from the same record store (Googled the place and found the address). Check this out:

I heard that Brian coughs for 10 of the 11 seconds on "The back of my mind"

What’s this, more diaphanous moiety?

Evil
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2014, 03:42:37 PM »

Is the "original" Take a Load off Your Feet" mix the Dumb Angel version?

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »

This is the mother load

How does somebody get so lucky

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2014, 04:01:47 PM »

If it's a bootleg, surely other copies will surface.
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2014, 10:20:17 PM »

Did a quick review. The tracks marked with a red X have made the rounds. But there are still some nice tracks that haven't. Good Find!!

Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2014, 11:25:28 PM »

If this is genuine - which I hope it is - where's he gone?? Hey if I'd come across a find like this I'd be running at the mouth telling you all about it, answering all your questions, sharing in the joy, and so on. I'd be telling you everything about, say, Old Movie i.e. is it just Cuddle Up as we know it just under a different title? Whereas Klay bunged it on here and then seemingly vanished. His silence in itself screams hoax. So let's here some more info and details and help change the minds of skeptics like me.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:29:06 PM by Disney Boy (1985) » Logged
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2014, 11:30:46 PM »

Not everyone spends their life on the internet.

Please delete my account
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2014, 12:14:41 AM »

Some of you LA cats should visit CD Trader and investigate. If it was legitimate, whoever burned those copies is probably burning up a fresh batch. I used to know a shop in Seattle that burned DVD boots to replenish their stock whenever they moved a few archive rarities.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx