gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 07:01:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brother Re-Issues: Proposed Bonus Tracks  (Read 173017 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 05, 2014, 04:17:20 PM »

Don't think I've heard Sea Cruise with Mike singing lead.  And the only version of "Runaway" that I've heard is the live one on the Sunkist vinyl album. Don't remember hearing "Brand New Day" before. And there's a few on Get The Boot 1 & 2 that aren't on the above list.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 05, 2014, 04:29:40 PM »

well "Jamaican Farewell" WAS released by California Music produced by Bruce and featuring Brian, not sure if it's the same recording as the one listed above but if it is then it was released,,,

It snot.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 05, 2014, 04:37:03 PM »

well "Jamaican Farewell" WAS released by California Music produced by Bruce and featuring Brian, not sure if it's the same recording as the one listed above but if it is then it was released,,,

It snot.
interesting, is it a completely different track or the same track but with the other Beach Boys dubbed on top of it?
Jason
« Reply #378 on: June 05, 2014, 04:42:32 PM »

It's an outtake from the early KTSA sessions in late 1979, produced by Brian. Brian also produced a basic track of School Days, Little Girl (which became Sunshine on the album after a little rewriting), and Stranded in the Jungle at the same session. If it has vocals...that I don't know.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 05, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »

It's an outtake from the early KTSA sessions in late 1979, produced by Brian. Brian also produced a basic track of School Days, Little Girl (which became Sunshine on the album after a little rewriting), and Stranded in the Jungle at the same session. If it has vocals...that I don't know.
cool thanks.. I had always wondered if they were both the same or not,,,
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2014, 07:20:17 PM »

Don't think I've heard Sea Cruise with Mike singing lead.  And the only version of "Runaway" that I've heard is the live one on the Sunkist vinyl album. Don't remember hearing "Brand New Day" before. And there's a few on Get The Boot 1 & 2 that aren't on the above list.

I assumed that It's A New Day from Get the Boot = Brand New Day.

I think the Runaway from Sunkist is the recording from 1982
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »

Yeah, we're most likely never gonna hear these tracks

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 05, 2014, 07:32:03 PM »

I'm willing to be that we do.
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 05, 2014, 08:24:30 PM »

This is a great collection from Europe Smiley.

Its called From The Vaults.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:35:33 PM by petsite » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 05, 2014, 08:47:42 PM »

What's the title?  Tracklist, please.  Or at least enlarge the picture so we can read it? C'mon, Bob, we've had enough teasing to last us awhile.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:35:11 PM by Mikie » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 05, 2014, 09:59:20 PM »

What's the title?  Tracklist, please.  Or at least enlarge the picture so we can read it? C'mon, Bob, we've had enough teasing to last us awhile.

Save the picture, then enlarge it, Mikie....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: June 05, 2014, 10:47:48 PM »

Don't even have to do that - right click/view image/enlarge. Having done that very thing and read the liners, it's evident to me that whoever put this together (from mostly the SOT stuff on disc one) doesn't know about 10452.  Grin

BTW Chris, do you realise that by adding a vowel and changing another one your name reads "bogus" ?  Grin
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:51:32 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: June 05, 2014, 10:53:17 PM »

Denny's shampoo commercial - "It's A New Day", Blondie lead vocal.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »

BTW Chris, do you realise that by adding a vowel and changing another one your name reads "bogus" ?  Grin

I hereby claim no endorsement of doing so, but Mikie once pointed out another variation by adding an "i" and an "s".

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2014, 08:27:01 AM »

I hereby claim no endorsement of doing so, but Mikie once pointed out another variation by adding an "i" and an "s".

Right, CM. That's the first thing I thought when I saw his moniker. "Bigass". Which is what he is sometimes. But he's a helpful Bigass today, suggesting that I save the image to the desktop, then zoom in on that baby. Chris is a smart feller and a far........
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:39:57 AM by Mikie » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 06, 2014, 08:28:09 AM »

Denny's shampoo commercial - "It's A New Day", Blondie lead vocal.

Ah, OK. Gracias, ol' chap.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 06, 2014, 08:39:02 AM »

Don't even have to do that - right click/view image/enlarge.

I don't have that option. What OS are you using? I'm on Windows 7 and I do a "Save picture as", then I can enlarge it.

Now let's talk about the effing NRA.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: June 06, 2014, 08:51:06 AM »

The "enlarge" feature isn't necessarily an icon or a function, but after doing the right-click "view image" thing, a little magnifying glass with a + will appear on the photo if it can be viewed larger. Then just click on it.

I'm not a fan of any "windows" product after XP to be honest, so if Gates and company managed to f*** that feature up on later versions, I wouldn't know...  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 06, 2014, 08:58:39 AM »

See, there is no "view image" in the drop down menu when I right-click on the picture. You do a "Save as" and then Windows or a Windows app opens it up. No big deal. Windows 7 is a rock - even better than XP. Microsoft has stopped supporting both of those though and want you to buy the next Windows - the one that supersedes Windows 8.

Sorry to get off track. Back to proposed boner tracks!

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: June 06, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »

The issue for me at this point is will the tracks be released officially or will they not...simple as that!  Smiley  This afternoon I could either read about sandwiches and what's in them and how they're prepared and where they got the bread, or I could actually eat a sandwich for lunch...much prefer the latter option.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 06, 2014, 09:13:41 AM »

Sadly, today you're going to be doing nothing but reading about sammiches...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:09:00 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 06, 2014, 09:21:52 AM »

Sdaly, today you're going to be doing nothing but reading about sammiches...

Are you saying that Klay didn't send you a link to download the files?

petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 06, 2014, 09:23:38 AM »

By the way, that is not a picture of a CD I own.  Just a pic that is on the web.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: June 06, 2014, 09:27:15 AM »

There are ways to get a sandwich if I'm hungry for a sandwich. Maybe today I want a bowl of clam chowder instead.  Grin

Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 06, 2014, 09:29:34 AM »

By the way, that is not a picture of a CD I own.  Just a pic that is on the web.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx