gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:44:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone - Beach Boys Play Tour - Jeff replaces Christian Love  (Read 128014 times)
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2014, 07:29:38 AM »

Sure it's possible they could play until they're 80, but it wouldn't be a huge shock if one of the members had a heart attack and died, if only because they're older and that kind of thing happens.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2014, 01:32:18 PM »

You're a right little ray of sunshine aren't you!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 24, 2014, 02:51:58 AM »

Well, this years beach boy tour is being called 50 years of FFF.  Next year 50 years of madness???, and the year after 50 years of PS?  Then, in 17, Beach Boys Love You long time tour?

Next year is a biggie. 50 Years of California Girls. I don't know if Mike Love can resist.

50 Years of California Girls are all pregnant. Yuk yuk yuk…

“We live in divisive times.”
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: May 24, 2014, 05:11:50 AM »

My humble abode, "Bellagio Towers":

Somewhere to lay the head at the end of the day.

Got to love Stokesay castle  Wink ...
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 24, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »

please end this thread; it is not generating information or insight. Create a new thread when tangible updates about the BB shows and personnel come to light.

thank you,

The Professor
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 24, 2014, 02:26:23 PM »

Why end it?  Huh Other threads seem to get re-posted on years after the fact. Though perhaps if there is info not related to the specific topic, it should be posted in another thread. This thread went all over the place, but that happens all the time, too.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: May 24, 2014, 03:02:31 PM »

My humble abode, "Bellagio Towers":

Somewhere to lay the head at the end of the day.

Got to love Stokesay castle  Wink ...

I do, which is why I bought it last year, and renamed it.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 24, 2014, 03:04:06 PM »

If you own that castle, you ought to host one of the Beach Boys' fan conventions there.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2014, 12:01:00 AM »

If you own that castle, you ought to host one of the Beach Boys' fan conventions there.

… and get your butler to serve high tea…

“We live in divisive times.”
Nicko1234
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2014, 07:26:01 AM »

Was tonight intended to be the first (re) appearance of Jeff? And if so, is anyone attending?
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2014, 01:36:30 PM »

Jeff played with them last night.  Not sure f it was his first show with them though and I wasn't there but I received some pics from the show and a positive report from another fan.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2014, 03:04:47 PM »

OK, we are back on topic. We have a new BB band and the promise of at least one show with ABB. The Professor doubles down:  Al and Dave will not play with BW but rather will do more shows with the BB--a prediction, neither knowledge nor rumor. Capital will start talking with the band , and a new album, without JT but made by all the BB, including Brian, will come out in 2016, containing some Love-Jardine authored songs and Love-Wilson as well; it will NOT be a anniversary of PS related album. I will stand corrected if none of this happens by New Year's Eve 2016.

baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »

I'm anxious to see if Jeff takes over falsetto, if they add any new songs to the set as well as what vocals he gets.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »

An album with love-Jardine songs sounds terrible. Brian writing with Mike is already bad enough since Mike's creativity is dried up.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 25, 2014, 03:46:15 PM »

OK, we are back on topic. We have a new BB band and the promise of at least one show with ABB. The Professor doubles down:  Al and Dave will not play with BW but rather will do more shows with the BB--a prediction, neither knowledge nor rumor. Capital will start talking with the band , and a new album, without JT but made by all the BB, including Brian, will come out in 2016, containing some Love-Jardine authored songs and Love-Wilson as well; it will NOT be a anniversary of PS related album. I will stand corrected if none of this happens by New Year's Eve 2016.

Professor, I take that bet. With Al's son in Brian's band, and Al & David still recoding with Brian, I can easily see more BAD shows.

Let us say, loser buys dinner next time I come down to Redondo?

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 25, 2014, 05:46:05 PM »

At the Louisville show right now.  Jeff is here and looking relaxed as the show is abot to start.  No surprise guests that I've seen thus far.  My first Mike/Bruce show.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 25, 2014, 06:00:49 PM »

News at eleven Cool
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 25, 2014, 06:07:05 PM »

Jeff Foskett's integration into the Mike and Bruce show is seamless. He's already played and sang all of those songs 437 times each.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:32:37 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 25, 2014, 06:07:51 PM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 25, 2014, 06:49:33 PM »

Heff Foskett's integration into the Mike and Bruce show is seamless. He's already played and sang all of those songs 437 times each.
Mikie, I beg to differ.  More like 837 times.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 25, 2014, 08:04:49 PM »

Heff Foskett's integration into the Mike and Bruce show is seamless. He's already played and sang all of those songs 437 times each.

I'm assuming that was a Freudian slip. "Heff".........hahahahha.

I'm a bit overweight myself by maybe 20 pounds so I think I'm allowed to make a Foskett fat joke. Maybe.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 25, 2014, 09:22:02 PM »

agreed. I'll put two tacos at burrito jr on PCH near Avenue A on it. I would not risk a full meal at old Tony's on the pier!I guess what is so strange is that all of the Beach Boys are in play now, that is years ago we did not even have the question of al and Dave playing with the Beach Boys but now they are going to, at least for that one show. Look, the whole thing is so confusing to all of us. My hope is something so simple, that all the surviving Beach Boys can make music together and be happy and show us their creative and performative best. That is all that I really hope for.

uote author=OregonRiverRider link=topic=17604.msg451904#msg451904 date=1401057975]

Professor, I take that bet. With Al's son in Brian's band, and Al & David still recoding with Brian, I can easily see more BAD shows.

Let us say, loser buys dinner next time I come down to Redondo?
[/quote]
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 25, 2014, 09:31:39 PM »

According to Twitter, they played "Dear Prudence" at Abbey Road on The River tonight. Cool stuff.

And here's a photo. Mike and Bruce have been brought closer together. http://instagram.com/p/ocbsnbDVt8/

Little video clips: http://instagram.com/p/ocSFP3qtKw/

http://instagram.com/p/ocOU6yJGFA/

https://vine.co/v/MwPtjEDUJPe

Also apparently Stamos was in the house.

Sounds like Jeff got the falsettos.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:42:47 PM by Mayoman » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 25, 2014, 09:37:57 PM »

I'm assuming that was a Freudian slip. "Heff".........hahahahha.

I'm a bit overweight myself by maybe 20 pounds so I think I'm allowed to make a Foskett fat joke. Maybe.

That was a misprint. Didn't have my glasses on and didn't preafrood before I hit the "post" button.

I respect Jeff. He's a good guy. Some say he isn't so nice and say they haven't had pleasant meetings with him in person. I've never had any problems with him.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 25, 2014, 09:41:29 PM »

And here's a full "Kokomo": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWTIhG_E3-0
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:59:27 PM by Mayoman » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx