-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:51:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Happy Birthday Doris Day
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Happy Birthday Doris Day  (Read 4539 times)
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2014, 08:45:59 AM »

Happy Birthday Doris Day  Grin 90 years of sunshine and more to come

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 01:40:41 PM »

My Birthday too.  Got a great party planned for tonight.  White Russians will be coming up shortly, at five.  Fried Shrimp, roasted potatoes and yellow squash.  yummy!  A Big Cake for later.
As for Doris...she's probably having something less fattening, and in blander colors.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:43:48 PM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 02:22:38 PM »

My Birthday too.  Got a great party planned for tonight.  White Russians will be coming up shortly, at five.  Fried Shrimp, roasted potatoes and yellow squash.  yummy!  A Big Cake for later.
As for Doris...she's probably having something less fattening, and in blander colors.

Happy Birthday feelsflow!  Grin

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 02:37:07 PM »

Happy Birthday Doris Day, and more importantly Happy Birthday Will!
Hope you have a great day!

Not to mention it's my Dad's birthday too, born the exact same day as Robert Downey Jr: April 4th 1965
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 03:33:11 PM »

Thanks Jess, but today is the 3rd.  Rei your Dad has to wait til tomorrow!
Someone has put a slice of Birthday Cake on my stat page.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:35:12 PM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
bluesno1fann
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 03:36:25 PM »

Thanks Jess, but today is the 3rd.  Rei your Dad has to wait til tomorrow!
Someone has put a slice of Birthday Cake on my stat page.

Actually in Australia it's already the 4th  Smiley
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 08:13:38 PM »

You got me.  I thought about that at dinner.  Global, got to remember that.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »

You got me.  I thought about that at dinner.  Global, got to remember that.

How was your birthday dinner? Did you have a great day?
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 08:18:07 PM »

Yes, Will, happy birthday!

I've always enjoyed reading what you have to contribute here.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 03:57:43 PM »

Looks like me and Doris made it through the night.  Thanks for the well wishes Josh.  It was great!  When they brought the cake out, it was decorated like the Capitol Record Tower!  Shorter, but it had the awnings right.  What made them think that would bring a smile to my face?  Razz  Got to open up my new American Beatles Box (already knew I had it).  Surprises were the Box Tops Mono singles mixes CD.  And two Arlo albums, Running Down the Road and Washington County.  We played the Box Tops, then watched several episodes of Grimm (my favorite TV show).  I keep them on DVR, until the box sets come out.  It's the only TV show I collect.  Season 3 has been great.
Then I came back to Smiley about 11pm...  Hmm, what a mess some of these Threads have become.  No further comment for now, but I need to spend less time on the main board.  Might get in trouble.  Look what I did to Doris' Thread!

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 05:52:48 AM »

Happy Belated Birthday to one of my favorite posters! You've got really cool gifts, I'm quite envious. And about the slice of cake in the "stat page", as you say, it's the nicest feature of the board; even though it doesn't mean anything, I always get warm friendly feeling when I see that cake & Birthday congrats on my page.

Alternately, Happy Birthday to Terry Melcher's mother Doris D.! Enjoy your gracious old age.

Btw, feelsflow, it seems like you've mixed up Mr. Waves with joshferrell, as you said, "Thanks for the well wishes Josh". Just saying.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 09:47:55 AM »

Thanks Marianne,  
I call people by their real names sometimes.  Often, when on the main board, it's less confusing to use their Smiley "Handle" for the very reason that you were confused.  Bubbly is Josh.  He is one of my favorite posters as well.  We share a lot in common.  Many of my favorite artists, are ones he's just discovering.  Wish I had more time to post on the stuff he and others post.  I'm so busy all the time.  Today I have to drive over to Pennsylvania on business, so that's going to take hours.  More fun to hang around here.  I am spending more time in the general music discussions sections these days listening to Smiler's that make music!  We have some really talented posters.  As you know.
Okay, got to get on the road.  take care, Will

takin' this along to play:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:11:28 AM by feelsflow » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 06:55:54 AM »

I might have missed it, but I could've sworn that Mr. Waves never told his real name on the board; I have a good memory for stuff like that. Though it could be as easy as someone referred to him as "Josh" & you simply remembered it.
And yes, I know that we have many really endowed musicians: Aaron Sunchymes, Zach, Aegir, Luther, DonnyL, Billy, James Clarke etc. I even enjoy Freddie's BBs slaughtering. If you haven't heard it yet, be ready to be terrified!
Happy road trip!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: