-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Poll thread nightmare
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poll thread nightmare  (Read 34290 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many poll threads. It's obviously due to a lack of any worthwhile news lately, but it's just gotten to be a bit too much lately. It's been all frosting and no filling.

I just want something to talk aboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooout.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, then dazzle us with some great thread topics to get the conversational juices a-flooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowin', Bubbly-Boy

Hey, only my mother calls me "Bubbly-Boy"
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »

I don't believe there's a Vivaldi forum.

There was a Vivaldi forum but it quickly degenerated into an I Hate Mike Love Forum.

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
bluesno1fann
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2014, 04:45:52 PM »

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many poll threads. It's obviously due to a lack of any worthwhile news lately, but it's just gotten to be a bit too much lately. It's been all frosting and no filling.

I just want something to talk aboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooout.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, then dazzle us with some great thread topics to get the conversational juices a-flooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowin', Bubbly-Boy

Hey, only my mother calls me "Bubbly-Boy"

Looks like we've found Bubbly's new nickname!  Grin  LOL
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2014, 01:08:27 PM »

I see there's a TWGMTR survivor thread. Is it really going to be over soon? Should we celebrate ?

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2014, 01:18:43 PM »

I see there's a TWGMTR survivor thread. Is it really going to be over soon? Should we celebrate ?

Nope. After this is 4 rounds of Super Survivor and then one round of Ultimate Survivor.

After that, I think there are people who want to play Solo Survivor too...

Evil

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2014, 05:08:44 PM »

Yes.  Keep the game going with at least live stuff and box sets (do them as they are, or one disc at a time - it would be fantastic!).  We've Got to do the Solo albums...Dennis would win one of those.  Do the Deluxe version, and he could win two!  I would like to do one of the versions of Adult/Child, even if we leave out the tracks done so far.  Example:  I've listened to my 1984 vinyl copy twice in the past week.  My choice for the version to use.  It's like a real album to me.  Bootlegs were very important back then pre-internet.  Adult/Child and Landlocked (as it was known), for me, slips in just after Carl's Youngblood and before Beach Boys ('85).  And it didn't screw with the chronology one bit.  Thanks to the fact the boys were constantly putting old tracks on current records all the time.  Something that I've noticed does bother some these days when discussing on Survivor Threads.  I now think Mike's lead on "Calendar Girl" is my favorite version of this song ever.  The only place you will find The Beach Boys version.  Adult/Child does not deserve to be just an outtakes record.  We need a placement for "Deep Purple" and others.  "Mony Mony" rocks!  Al puts a bit of Neil Young in his vocal on "On Broadway."  Neat.  Neil soon did his own version.  Do you think he was doing his take on Al's vocal?  Survivor is fun and gives us all something to do in lighter moments.  And as this Thread points out we want our voices Heard!  Damn It!  Somewhere!  Be it on the main board or sectioned off elsewhere.  I know you (pixletwin) want to keep it going, as I found the very Thread the other day, where it was you who wanted to revive the game - though I can't find the first version.  Was there a first version, or just a take-off on Rank the Tracks and the Album Threads?  We may disagree (often), but in the end it's fun.  (Didn't he already say that?)
EDIT:  Folks of the future will notice I had to go in and modify every one of my posts in this Thread!  Seems my use of the color beige has left my posts invisible now that the MODS have moved it over to the sandbox.  Yes, this Thread is a casualty of the very topic it is about.
Glad that the Tread Survived, even if just here in this dumping ground.  It was topical in it's day.
Now on to the new day...
Up early to have blood tests at 7am.  One of them is fasting, so I'm functioning on coffee/no cream.  Oh wait, there's a Tread for that over here somewhere in the sandbox.
EDIT EDIT:  Since doing this post...  Mr. Dennis Wilson has WON a Survivor Round!!  This is sure to bring World Peace, and maybe, just maybe some peace to the Survivor Game.  spread the word brothers and sisters...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:28:05 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
bluesno1fann
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2014, 03:37:40 AM »

Nope. After this is 4 rounds of Super Survivor and then one round of Ultimate Survivor.

After that, I think there are people who want to play Solo Survivor too...

Evil

What about a Worst Beach Boys song contest with the songs from the main Survivor contest threads that were voted off first? We can vote off our remaining favourite track each round until the end where we vote on the Worst Beach Boys song.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2014, 09:10:54 AM »

Nightmare No More!!
For all who have not noticed yet...A POLL SECTION HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE CHILD BOARDS in Album, Book and Video Reviews and Discussions.
THANKS MODs !!  We needed that.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2014, 10:35:14 AM »

Oh Cool!  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: