-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:07:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Some thoughts
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Some thoughts  (Read 4942 times)
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2014, 10:07:28 AM »

Hi all,

I have been reading the posts here.  I know that sometimes simple talkng can get out of hand.  I have been online since 1995.  There are people who go around being rude and making crude comments.  Their reply when asked is it is only AOL.  While you don't see the person or people are you corresponding with online you do read what the person or people are saying.  Sometimes words can hurt.  I left the chat rooms online becsue I got tired of the one liners that people thought were funny or that I laughed at when I was 16 and no longer think they are funny.  While there is freedom of speech, and that is a great right to have, caution should be used.  Also, ignoring the one you don't like or don't agree with is good.  I do like a majority of what is said here. 

Happy Sunday to all!!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »

Mary, there's not a lot happening in the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson world right now. When it's at a lull, sometimes conversation on a thread drifts and goes off topic. Some topics have already been discussed ad nauseous. Also, there are some young people on the board who are as young as 16, so you may see the same kinds of jokes/remarks as you did when you were 16. Mary, I encourage you to start a topic where we can all join in and contribute to. A good meaty topic that requires a little thought or something you've always been wondering about and wanted answers to. There are some real good, knowledgeable people here; trust me. Good, well-intentioned mature adults who have been around the block a few times. All you have to do is wake up the population with a good topic that hasn't been discussed for awhile and before you know it, the lurkers will come out of nowhere and contribute and compare notes with you. With a little humor thrown in of course!  Grin
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:15:29 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »

Hi, Mary! In case you didn't know, I asked the mods to combine your Hall & Oates topic with the old H & O started by Erik H. Your topic seemed dying quite rapidly, so I decided to track down the old topic (it's easy to do, just write "hall oates" in "Advanced search" choosing "Topic subjects only") for you to read/hear more about your fave band, other suggestions. So, enjoy this! (don't thank me): http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14349.0.html

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »

Hi all,

Thank you your help.  I know that I don't always have the time to search for topics that are already around.  Being Mom's caretaker and having to remind Dad of things takes u a lot of my time. 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 01:46:41 PM »

Hi all,

Thank you your help.  I know that I don't always have the time to search for topics that are already around.  Being Mom's caretaker and having to remind Dad of things takes u a lot of my time. 

guess you've moved up in the world

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »

Hi all,

Smiley

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 04:22:51 AM »

I know that I don't always have the time to search for topics that are already around.  Being Mom's caretaker and having to remind Dad of things takes u a lot of my time. 
That explains much & it's good to know you're a caring daughter for your parents - however, going by statistics, you've been on this board for almost 16 hours & within that time you could certainly find 10 seconds - and searching by topic subjects takes this little time unless you typed "Beach Boys" (48 pages of results) - or maybe even less. Believe me, Mary, this board is a lot more convenient & user-friendly than most people make it out to be. Variety of different options & functions, you should try them all.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 10:23:19 AM »

I know that I don't always have the time to search for topics that are already around.  Being Mom's caretaker and having to remind Dad of things takes u a lot of my time. 
That explains much & it's good to know you're a caring daughter for your parents - however, going by statistics, you've been on this board for almost 16 hours & within that time you could certainly find 10 seconds - and searching by topic subjects takes this little time unless you typed "Beach Boys" (48 pages of results) - or maybe even less. Believe me, Mary, this board is a lot more convenient & user-friendly than most people make it out to be. Variety of different options & functions, you should try them all.
I wouldn't say it's not user-friendly or convenient. Which is why I'm back after a very short sabbatical, lol. But there is rather a lot of it, and not everyone is a wizard when it comes to looking up stuff in cyberspace. And time does play a part in all this, especially if you have a busy home life. So take heart, MaryUSA, and if ever you need any help in finding topics, please ask and I'm sure someone here will come to your assistance. :=)   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 05:38:54 AM »

I wouldn't say it's not user-friendly or convenient. Which is why I'm back after a very short sabbatical, lol. But there is rather a lot of it, and not everyone is a wizard when it comes to looking up stuff in cyberspace. And time does play a part in all this, especially if you have a busy home life. So take heart, MaryUSA, and if ever you need any help in finding topics, please ask and I'm sure someone here will come to your assistance. :=)   
Well, wasn't there some kind of assistance in what I said in my previous post? But if Mary doesn't mind, I'll be more detailed:

Click on the word "Search">>Type in the keywords (example "Groovy grove")>>Hit "Advanced Search" under the search box>>Tick "Topic subjects only" (NOT messages) & see the results. Choose the most recent if there are few threads on the same topic & post whatever you want to share in the chosen thread. That's all. As I've said, it takes a little time (I mean the searching process, not actual posting, it can be a long contribution, for all I know).

Again, Mary, don't thank me. Sure, anyone could come up with this kinda info or even better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: