gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:37:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Survivor #34 Winner: Soul Searchin'  (Read 68477 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 28, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »

Ok. It's resolved then. I will include GV with the 9 other tracks for the 1965-1969 thread.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:38:56 PM by pixletwin » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #226 on: May 28, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »

...I'd really like to know, is there going to be a losers round where you take all the songs that was voted off first, and vote for your favourite remaining track until there's 3 remaining and you choose the worst song!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 28, 2014, 03:56:48 PM »

...I'd really like to know, is there going to be a losers round where you take all the songs that was voted off first, and vote for your favourite remaining track until there's 3 remaining and you choose the worst song!

I going to call The Beach Boys First Victims thread. Do you think enough people would be interested enough to vote over 35 rounds?  LOL
bluesno1fann
« Reply #228 on: May 28, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »

I going to call The Beach Boys First Victims thread. Do you think enough people would be interested enough to vote over 35 rounds?  LOL

There are quite a few people around here who don't want the Survivor rounds to end after Super and Ultimate Surivior, I think this is the perfect solution. I'm also pretty sure a lot of people would want to vote on that, certainly more than on the Party! and Stars And Stripes rounds.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 28, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »

I going to call The Beach Boys First Victims thread. Do you think enough people would be interested enough to vote over 35 rounds?  LOL

There are quite a few people around here who don't want the Survivor rounds to end after Super and Ultimate Surivior, I think this is the perfect solution. I'm also pretty sure a lot of people would want to vote on that, certainly more than on the Party! and Stars And Stripes rounds.
Yeah, keep it going.
Better than not continuing.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:51:20 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2014, 02:40:33 AM »

There's always "Survivor In Concert" as well ...

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2014, 06:33:12 AM »

Yeah, I was planning on a Survivor in Concert as well as having the solo albums slug it out.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2014, 07:53:59 AM »

Yeah, I was planning on a Survivor in Concert as well as having the solo albums slug it out.
Great! Better go listen to Surfer's Pajama Party to become familiar with that one, I guess ...

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2014, 09:55:48 AM »

Ok. It's resolved then. I will include GV with the 9 other tracks for the 1965-1969 thread.

Pix,

So the Super S rounds will be 5 year time spans? And the winners of those groups will go to Ultimate, right?

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2014, 09:57:47 AM »

Or we could do some other bands, like Monkees survivor. .. or is that cheating on the BB?

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2014, 09:58:56 AM »

Pix,

So the Super S rounds will be 5 year time spans? And the winners of those groups will go to Ultimate, right?

The years will be:

1962-1965, 1965-1969, 1969-1978, 1978-2012.

Basically we will take the top 3 tracks from each era (plus GV as a wild card) in Super S and then they will battle it out for Ultimate.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2014, 09:59:44 AM »

Or we could do some other bands, like Monkees survivor. .. or is that cheating on the BB?

It would be fun to do other bands like Monkees/Pink Floyd/Beatles someday.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2014, 05:45:02 PM »

I'd rather have BB's Solo Survivors from 1962's Surfer's Pyjama Party to 2011's In The Key Of Disney. And this includes all non-live studio albums from the classic line-up, David and Blondie.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2018, 05:12:34 PM »

This song shouldn't win. Big mistake. Bored everytime without fail when I hear it.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx