gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 10:36:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this Brian signature Legit? You Make the Call!  (Read 7079 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 09:43:34 AM »

I'll go call the police.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 09:44:34 AM »

Done a little processing and yes, the downstroke of the B is there, so disregard what I said there.

That said, the 'body' of the B is suspect in that the junction between top and bottom loop is itself a small open loop (mine isn't)... and the visible l and s in "Wilson" is questionable, as is the dotted i and the gaps: W il s on. The "Brian" is reasonably convincing, but the "Wilson" looks like someone trying too hard to make sure you can tell who it is. I stand by my original call: forgery.

yeah, you know sometimes it's just a gut feeling. Me, I looked, and it seems fake to me, so I said it.
Others, maybe not; but all the analyzing in the world won't change what I see.( for me)    

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »

I say it looks good. 

Brian signs all different kinds of ways and there is no general "rule of thumb" on what to look for.  There are a few distinctions, yes, but one thing that is prevalent is that he is pretty inconsistent.  Here is a screen shot of the stack of Smile box sets he signed from the video he put up on YouTube.  I'd say the characteristics in these signatures to the one HeyJude posted are there.

The only person as far as we know (or can guess) who's been signing for Brian has been Jeff (allegedly).  His (or whomever it is) version of Brian's signature is radically different.

We've discussed Brian's signature at length in this thread: which has more pictures and feedback: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15507.100.html
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 11:33:31 AM »

I have three signatures from the last 10 years that Brian signed in front of me which do have the "S" in Wilson.  His signature can certainly vary quite a bit.   When Jeff forges Brian's signature, it seems like he always gets the "B" wrong.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 11:46:57 AM »

mebee its Brian and mebee its not

but I can easily do one that you would not be able to distinguish from that stack of Smile sigs.

easy to forge a "Brian" so I wouldnt pay much for that CD.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »

I say it looks good.  

Brian signs all different kinds of ways and there is no general "rule of thumb" on what to look for.  There are a few distinctions, yes, but one thing that is prevalent is that he is pretty inconsistent.  Here is a screen shot of the stack of Smile box sets he signed from the video he put up on YouTube.  I'd say the characteristics in these signatures to the one HeyJude posted are there.

The only person as far as we know (or can guess) who's been signing for Brian has been Jeff (allegedly).  His (or whomever it is) version of Brian's signature is radically different.

We've discussed Brian's signature at length in this thread: which has more pictures and feedback: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15507.100.html

Based on the autographs above (2011 Long Beach or L.A. record store signing?) look at the "B", look at the "r", and look at the "W", then look at the separate "S" in comparison to Jude's picture. The Gershwin CD was released and probably signed the year before (2010) or in 2011. Didn't Brian sign a lot of these CD's and have them available on his website? If you sign a lot of them at one time, the hand gets tired and the autograph starts to scrawl a little. I still say the autograph on the CD is legit.

Look at the variances here:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/brian-wilson-beach-boys-signed

At the SMiLE record signing at Amoeba records in S.F., Brian personally signed ALL of the fan's records on the spot. There were no pre-signed Smile Sessions boxes, CD's or vinyl copies available.

P.S. I have Brian's autograph (twice) from 1976 and the dot above the "i" is a tiny little circle. That's the way his autograph was in the 60's. Don't see that anymore. Even my autograph has changed over the years....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 12:36:17 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »

Maybe Brian just signed "Brian" and the owner felt gypped for half a signature, so he forged the "Wilson" himself.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 01:10:51 PM »

I have a Brian autograph from a few years ago, from one of the hits tours,  he used a fat marker we gave him with the LP of PS.  It looks something like that with the B and the W clear with the other letters more distorted and trailing off.  BUT, it doesnt look squiggly with the shaky hand look of this signature.  Maybe someone trying to copy (draw) an actual BW signature?
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 04:08:33 PM »

Sometimes the shakyness of Brian's signature varies based on different factors.  I've gotten smooth ones from him, and I've gotten ones that look like he's in the middle of a siezure.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2014, 04:22:19 PM »

While we're at it, what do you guys think about this one?

I bought this for about $3, so I won't be too upset if it ain't legit. Although, I would prefer if it was.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2014, 04:43:21 PM »

Yup that looks good to me. 

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »

I'll second that too! Grin
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2014, 05:11:29 PM »

Helluva deal.  Can't beat that with a stick (even without the autograph).

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2014, 05:37:18 PM »

Based on the autographs above (2011 Long Beach or L.A. record store signing?) look at the "B", look at the "r", and look at the "W", then look at the separate "S" in comparison to Jude's picture. The Gershwin CD was released and probably signed the year before (2010) or in 2011. Didn't Brian sign a lot of these CD's and have them available on his website? If you sign a lot of them at one time, the hand gets tired and the autograph starts to scrawl a little. I still say the autograph on the CD is legit.

Look at the variances here:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/brian-wilson-beach-boys-signed

At the SMiLE record signing at Amoeba records in S.F., Brian personally signed ALL of the fan's records on the spot. There were no pre-signed Smile Sessions boxes, CD's or vinyl copies available.

P.S. I have Brian's autograph (twice) from 1976 and the dot above the "i" is a tiny little circle. That's the way his autograph was in the 60's. Don't see that anymore. Even my autograph has changed over the years....

The first pic with the stack of Smile boxes was from the video Brian put up of him signing the light up boxes, I assume at home or at an office?  Those weren't for the in-store signings.  Either way, I also think Jude's CD is real..these pics of the signed Smile boxes coincide nicely with it, I think.

I believe Brian's site was selling signed vinyl copies of the Gershwin album--don't recall signed CDs  The vinyl I recieved looked just like sigs on the stack of Smile boxes above.  But there were signed CDs at the shows from that tour.  I saw them first hand and stayed very clear of them when I noticed they looked really off.  They looked exactly like the forgeries in the above pic of the signed C50 tour books.  I'd have to guess the person who obtained the CD in Jude's pic got it in person and not through the site or merch table at shows.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:38:43 PM by Justin » Logged
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2014, 05:58:30 PM »

While we're at it, what do you guys think about this one?

I bought this for about $3, so I won't be too upset if it ain't legit. Although, I would prefer if it was.

Yep! impossible not unlegit!! looks like a couple of mine from Bri that I witnessed.....

Well Done!

RickB
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2014, 11:00:50 AM »

Fake - if you can read "Wilson", it's not kosher.

I've been advised by highly reliable sources that the signature in question is the real deal.  Speculate no more.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 11:26:14 AM »

I've hidden that CD that I didn't buy in the store. To find it, you'll have to decipher a series of clues, each more fiendish than that last......    Grin

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2014, 11:30:53 AM »

I'm gonna find it and buy it.  I know what store it's in - I called 'em and they confirmed it.   Grin

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »

I'm gonna find it and buy it.  I know what store it's in - I called 'em and they confirmed it.   Grin

Excellent!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 07:33:59 PM »

That sig on Los looks more like the one I saw him sign on my ps  lp
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx