-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:29:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Anxiety, Fear, Panic Attacks, OCD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anxiety, Fear, Panic Attacks, OCD  (Read 14284 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 08:57:49 PM »

FatherOfTheMan, do you know this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6pGl0J5MdE

I'm a sucker for Mario Kart myself.

Of course! 64 and Double Dash were my personal favorites, and 8 looks to be in the vein of those two in particular.

Oh, and as a "teenager" I'd like to ask you to respectfully agree to disagree with my diagnosis, as there's a lot more
to the story that I clearly wouldn't like to share online. f*** it  Imagine having deeper issues underneath the teeny-sugar coated sh*t.

Agreed with Double Dash, excellent game. The Wii Mario Kart is quite good as well.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 08:56:04 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:15:14 PM by zatch » Logged
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 08:59:24 AM »

Lexapro..........

Great sh*t for the head. Highly Recommend.

No druggy effects etc etc

RickB
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 01:31:06 PM »

If you're a pot smoker, definitely cut that sh*t out if you have anxiety. Cut way back on alcohol consumption as well if you're drinking more than a few times per week.

True. It exacerbates anxiety and OCD.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2014, 01:17:35 PM »

Everything makes me anxious, had several of what I believe to be panic attacks. Things that are supposed to be totally stress-free and fun end up being terrifying due to so many unknowns, and I just over-think it like crazy. I often don't contribute to group conversations due to anxiety, just follow around like a dead weight.

I've been on Nortriptyline for well over a year now, for frequent severe migraines. It's done wonders for that, but nothing on the anxiety front (didn't even know it was prescribed for that). Nothing for anxiety. I'm just waiting it out until I'm an adult, hopefully it will iron itself out by then.

Zach my man, you should go to the doctor and talk to them - they can maybe alter your medication in light of your anxiety (i assume from your post they didn't know about it and just prescribed based on the migraines (which are THE FUCKING WORST, RIGHT)). You shouldn't have to 'wait out' anxiety when you can treat it now. Why deny yourself that?

As for myself, I started manifesting anxiety/depression etc after losing my job in January, the most debilitating effect being extreme insomnia (also getting really freaked out crossing the road isn't great living in a big city..) . I am on medication now (Mirtazapine) which has helped considerably.

Also, in general the taking care of yourself angle is a good one - eat healthily as best you can, get outside, etc.

Honestly, the cruelly ironic thing about this is my anxiety prevents me from telling doctors about my anxiety. Tongue I don't really know what I'm afraid of, but hopefully I can one day get past that. Also, hope you're able to work the job situation out soon (or already have)!

I did sort out the job sitch! It's nice, could pay a bit more and could have more regular hours, but it's good Smiley

For ages I thought 'but what if the doctor doesn't take this seriously' or 'what if it's not anxiety as per the DSM (or whatever) and I need to sort it out on my own' tbh, but it became a massive problem when it impacted my ability to sleep. I actually went to the doctor for my insomnia after about three days without sleep (and after having my sleep pattern f***ed up beforehand)  and he suggested it was down to anxiety or depression, at which point it seemed like a decent explanation. And he was right!

You shouldn't wait until something as debilitating as insomnia or worse comes your way, your doc is there to help you. It's literally their job description. They won't mind.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 03:45:30 PM »

I have some anxiety issues, but nothing that interferes with daily life on a regular basis. Flying can be a problem, but my doctor prescribed some lorazepam, which did the trick (without any noticeable side effects whatsoever--I felt 100% sober, in fact, just not anxious). Any other issues, I just admit I medicate myself, primarily with wine. Frankly I can't imagine that's worse than whatever I may be prescribed. Though I'm not recommending it, obviously, just being honest.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »

I take 20 mgs of Lexapro per day. Had been on maintenance dose of 10 mgs but went back to 20. 2 Gabapentin tabs per day of I believe 300 mgs for anxiety reduction. Gabapentin can be abused but I am sticking with 1 or 2 per day. The 10mgs of Lexapro did not affect my libido but the 20mgs certainly do. Living with it.

I have been a federal employee since 1992, accounts payable. (Majored in history so that makes perfect sense.) Had been in same section for 8 years. The comfort zone became a rut. In March they offered a "Developmental Detail" program where one could move to another area for a one year detail. Without any panic or fear, I volunteered. When I got the e-mail telling me I had been accepted for the detail (others as well) the panic, fear, and anxiety took hold. That was April 12. Thought about backing out but did not. Now I am starting the detail in accounts receivable. What seemed like a good idea for change has become a cloud of terrible anxiety. Granted, the process has just started, things may calm down, but I have been a mess.

From about April 10-20 I thought I was having a nervous breakdown, but that darkness may be past.

Maybe this is a midlife crisis. 21 years anywhere can seem a bit much. To be honest, I wouldn't mind spending the summer cutting grass for a living.

The detail is over! My counterpart in the job swap was promoted so I was given the option to return to my old area! Good God I am going to appreciate going back!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: