gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 11:09:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's OK! (New Cover) • 100 + Vocal Tracks  (Read 2519 times)
Will C.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:35:20 PM »

Hope every body out there is feeling good and ready to kick off their summer right. Over on my end, I'm kicking off the season with a cover of It's OK, the quintessential 1976 Beach Boys jam. Some like it, some do not, but personally I love the classic recording. It will forever give me visions of Dennis behind the drums in Anaheim that bicentennial summer, shooting that look over to Brian at the keyboards (from the NBC TV Special). The Moog Taurus I bass pedal bass line, the bleeping organs during the chorus, the Be My Baby drum pattern leading the charge into sunshine, and of course the wall of sound harmonies coming through with force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIwftpT3ro

Maybe some of you will dig my take on It's OK. Some won't, and that's cool! It features me on all vocals and instruments. 100 + tracks of harmonies. Fans will recognize the intro as You & I from Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue album. Take care, all!

Will
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:13:51 AM by Will C. » Logged

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 06:54:09 AM »

The intro sounds great! nice idea! reminds a little of a smiley smile version of Its OK! Top marks!

Will C.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 10:43:54 AM »

Thank you, MBW! Those are some kind words!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx