gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 02:29:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Audree  (Read 12634 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 01:51:33 AM »

Audree's only on "Barbie" (as are Carl & Alan).
You are wrong, it's obviously Audree on bgvs in "...Girl Made of".
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:53:16 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 02:08:44 AM »

Audree's only on "Barbie" (as are Carl & Alan).
You are wrong, it's obviously Audree on bgvs in "...Girl Made of".

In spring 1962, Audree was 44 years old. Do any of those female bvs sound over 22 ? Compare with her easily audible tones on the middle eight of  "Barbie". Completely different.

Just out of interest, what's your source for Audree singing on "WIAYGMO" ?  I mean, aside from your own ears (and I take it you're well versed in Audree's singing voice in the early 60s).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:53:46 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 02:15:32 AM »

In spring 1962, Audree was 44 years old. Do any of those female bvs sound over 22 ? Compare with her easily audible tones on the middle eight of  "Barbie". Completely different.
My mistake. Just found your quote from another thread:

Wait, what? Audree is singing back up on this? If that's true I had no idea. Cool.

It's her, Al and Carl singing backup, IIRC.

On "Barbie", not "WIAYGMO". Also Val Poliuto of The Jaguars, allegedly.

For some reason, I remembered it's Audree with her sweet vocals on "...Girl Made Of".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 02:47:14 AM »

Dorinda Morgan once said - "We put their voices on pre-recorded instrumental tracks of 'Barbie' and 'What a Young Girl Is Made of'...Dennis didn't come to those sessions, but Audree did.  Audree is singing on those...We had recorded the tracks for another singer....Mike didn't come in.  Alan and Carl did".

As per AGD, the harmonies are of a younger female singer/s - if you listen to the presentation on Lost and Found, the track and background vox are hard right (assuming I have my headphones on the right way), suggesting the backing vox were on the pre-recorded track, as per Dorinda M.

In relation to who's singing on this one - while Brian is obviously singing (hard left), I'm hard pressed if I can hear anyone else but him.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 02:57:10 AM »

Interesting point: the Kenny sides were recorded March 8th 1962, by which time Alan had been out of the band for about a month.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 04:51:52 AM »

Not too long ago, I mentioned in another thread that Brian hasn't seemed the same since the late 90s, in that he seemed much more alert and outgoing until Carl's passing. I didn't think to realize that Brian had just lost Audree less than two months prior. The combination of the two must've been devastating. I do wonder how she would feel about how Brian's life has turned out since her passing.

Do you think he'll go to yours?

AUDREE: I'd be surprised. You know, I don't know if he's ever been to one. To me, so what? I don't believe in funerals, frankly — the most barbaric, outmoded bunch of... [censors herself and laughs]. Anyway...

For some reason, that made me laugh (the way she put it). She seems like she was a really cool person.
Plus this:

How old are you?

AUDREE: Thirty-seven. You know I'm lying. Should I tell the truth?

Let's see... you said you got married when you were 20... and you had Brian after four years, and he just turned 34... so you're about 58.
AUDREE: Exactly. Rats.
LOL
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 10:00:24 AM »

Dennis:  " Mom, what is that famous disease?"

Audrey:  "Lack of nookie!"
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 10:10:30 AM »

Lol, who would let their MOM join the band?
Lieutenant Pigeon, of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO5GWJJP3FM

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »

Dennis:  " Mom, what is that famous disease?"

Audrey:  "Lack of nookie!"

"Lackonookie".  I forgot about that one!  From the August '76 NBC special "It's OK".

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2014, 08:36:03 AM »

Hi all,

Thank you for posting that interview with Audree.  Thank you for those who posted about Aurdee and singing.  Most of all, thank you to those who defended me. I like what I am learning about Audree.   
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »

Sorry I doubted you, MUSA.

By the way, if you want to read a book that has information about Audree Wilson and the family she came from, the Korthoffs, I recommend you read "The Nearest Faraway Place" by Timothy White. You can find used copies on Amazon for as little as one cent, plus shipping.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 12:16:06 AM »

Sorry I doubted you, MUSA.

By the way, if you want to read a book that has information about Audree Wilson and the family she came from, the Korthoffs, I recommend you read "The Nearest Faraway Place" by Timothy White. You can find used copies on Amazon for as little as one cent, plus shipping.
Brilliant(ly researched) book, history-wise! You actually have been reading for hours when you finally get to the Beach Boys. Grin Great stuff. Mary, you should really get it if you're interested in Audree and the extended family history.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 12:23:24 AM »

You actually have been reading for hours when you finally get to the Beach Boys.

For days, actually, if you don't have an educated first language vocabulary. The only BB book I gave up reading in the middle because I got tired to look up 5 unknown words per sentence.

It features the only image of a duophonic SMiLE cover I ever saw.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »

Audree had an interesting relationship with Murry towards the end of his life.

She was the inspiration for the title of the song Good Vibrations.

She prolly made yummy meat-loaf and mashed potatoes.

Brian prolly asked for seconds and thirds.

I dont know what else to say about Audree.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 05:56:47 PM »

Don't forget her famous pancakes. So good, she served them once a week for dinner.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014, 08:39:37 PM »

You actually have been reading for hours when you finally get to the Beach Boys.

Really?  I've got one hanging on the wall....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2014, 12:26:10 AM »

Really?  I've got one hanging on the wall....

As I've never been to your place, I spoke the truth... Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2014, 11:24:56 AM »

I've asked this in the small questions thread and got a response from AGD which, if I recall correctly, was inconclusive. We know Murry did some singing and songwriting with The Beach Boys sporadically after he was fired as their manager -- "Breakaway", "Be Here In The Morning", and so on. Did Audree ever contribute to later Beach Boys music in a similar fashion? I would guess not otherwise I imagine by now we would have documentation or stories to this effect but I figure it's worth asking again. Wink
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »

If I made a reply, it would have been anything but inconclusive. The answer is no.

halblaineisgood
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2014, 07:35:05 PM »

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:02:07 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2014, 07:54:35 PM »

What WAS the deal with that name anyway?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2014, 06:37:52 AM »

Happy Mother's Day Audree !

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 09:36:45 PM »

Don't forget her famous pancakes. So good, she served them once a week for dinner.
You state it as if you were actually there in her kitchen during her culinary heyday.

KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2014, 10:12:26 PM »

It's in one of the BB bios. Carl and Brian loved them, they made Dennis sick. I also think there was a pancake dinner scene in the "American Family" TV movie. It's unusual to have pancakes for dinner, I guess that's why they were considered quirky enough to be mentioned in the film.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2014, 11:29:54 PM »

It's in one of the BB bios. Carl and Brian loved them, they made Dennis sick. I also think there was a pancake dinner scene in the "American Family" TV movie. It's unusual to have pancakes for dinner, I guess that's why they were considered quirky enough to be mentioned in the film.
Reminds me of the friend from Vermont on The Bob Newhart Show that poured syrup on everything - steak, hamburgers, chicken, just everything. After a couple days of having this guest in their home, Bob and Emily couldn't help but comment on it, Bob said "around here we just use syrup on pancakes. The friend replied "Hmm, have to try that sometime!"
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx