gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:30:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yello.  (Read 20024 times)
topsyandpip56
Smiley Smile Newbie

Cool cool water keeps on coolin' me.

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:21:52 PM »

Hello awesome community,

Just thought I'd introduce myself on the board as I've seen many others do. I'm a 16 year old *die hard* Beach Boys fan. I first realized the Beach Boys were far more than just "Help Me, Rhonda" and "Surfin' USA", after I discovered Pet Sounds, which then became the only album I listened to for about 6 months. I then spent another 6 months listening to the Smile Sessions. So there's that.

So yeah, I'm not going to give you a wall of text, but that's that. I also would like to throw in here a small clip from the isolation of the second vocal from "You Still Believe In Me" I've been working on as a little "Hello". I've been working spectrally with audio for a while, so I've got a backlog of this stuff. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v80KgPI64RS19FTnQwTldZY1k/edit?usp=sharing

Looking forward to posting,
Jack.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 12:29:17 PM »

Welcome! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bluesno1fann
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 01:34:34 AM »

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it around here!
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 03:10:02 PM »

Welcome Jack,  enjoy the community.  Have you posted in the Smiler's Who Make Music area yet?  see you there, Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:17:12 PM »

Welcome  Grin

This is an awesome community  Afro

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx