gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:52:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Bigger Than The Beatles" Dennis/Manson Film Feb 2015 (on IMDB & Facebook)  (Read 12172 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 07:53:40 PM »

Tex Watson was by far the worst.  Krenwinkle, Atkins, and Van Houten truly deserved their fate too. 

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2014, 08:44:30 PM »

I hope they get this right.  From what I've heard from people who were close to Dennis and what they've stated publicly, this whole bunch of bullshit he got involved with really upset him as it was portrayed in the media after the murders. 
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2014, 11:35:31 PM »

It seems every year a new Manson film is announced and they never get finished. This could very well be the case here.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 12:19:29 AM »

Unless it's already been done, I'd like to see at least one Manson-themed movie depict a paranoid and panic-stricken David Crosby going around to his friends in the LA scene carrying a gun and yelling "they're coming after the millionaires!", which is apparently what he did after word of the murders started getting out.  Smiley

So was THIS the genesis of Crosby writing the song "Almost Cut My Hair"??  Cool Guy
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 03:32:29 PM »

Now, I was expecting that to be pretty shitty, but I was most pleasantly surprised. No major factual errors (OK, maybe Charlie wasn't ever that clean...) and the two leads not only looked more than marginally like who they were portraying but also had a fair handle on their character. If, and it's a big if, they can sustain and expand that for a full movie, I think we may be on to something.

They also got it wrong about Tex; Dennis introduced him to Charlie, not the other way around

I didn't know that. Pretty incredible how Dennis was right in the middle of all that.

Did Dennis ever speak about the murders etc

there was a magazine interview from the early 70s that was posted here a while back (don't remember when) and an interviewer tried talking to him about Manson and he got mad and basically said "It's none of your f*cking business" or something like that.  in the Cease to Exist documentary they said that he was gonna reveal everything in a book (which unfortunately he never got to write  Sad)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:33:30 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 03:34:46 AM »

Best Manson ever was Steve Railsback in "Helter Skelter".

Too handsome… the pics I've seen of Charlie mostly depict an ugly, hairy fu••er!

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 04:07:11 AM »

One has to wonder if there'll be a surge of interest in the ten or so songs Brian and Carl produced for Charlie, with all this fresh activity… Having heard Lie I'd agree with some others that the fella had some musical talent.

“We live in divisive times.”
Dennis_Wilson_Fan
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2015, 09:07:35 PM »

Here is a link to the movie's "official" trailer.

This is a work of fiction, obviously, so facts and names are changed, etc., but look for yourself and decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5-FLq9Dw74
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »

There are many reasons to hate Manson, but he did have a couple intriguing songs on LIE. To say "Look At Your Game Girl" and "Cease To Exist" aren't interesting songs would be, well... a lie. It's all part of a fascinating and tragic story, but we've been to scared to tell it honestly. I'll give the film credit for having the balls to try. The Beach Boys and Manson - man. Talk about relationship that delves into everything that is America, the good and the bad.
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2015, 03:18:22 PM »

A film about Dennis and Charlie has the beatles in the title.... Oooook
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »

So  HOW did Tex meet Dennis? Seems like he became Charlie's right hand man in pretty short order. How did he fit into that seemingly closed circle of Golden Penatrators?

Lots of conpiracy theorists out there with some crazy ideas of the 'real story' behind these murders. There does seem to be a few missing pieces to the bow wrapped Bugliosi version.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 01:46:27 PM »

So  HOW did Tex meet Dennis? Seems like he became Charlie's right hand man in pretty short order. How did he fit into that seemingly closed circle of Golden Penatrators?

Lots of conpiracy theorists out there with some crazy ideas of the 'real story' behind these murders. There does seem to be a few missing pieces to the bow wrapped Bugliosi version.

I also wonder if Denny ever followed the Manson case and subsequent aftermath closely, or if he just tried his very best to avoid even reading about it. For example, I wonder if he saw the 1976 TV movie Helter Skelter to see if there were any possible references to him in there (which there weren't, if I recall correctly).
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 02:18:38 PM »

I wonder why the release of BIGGER THAN THE BEATLES has been delayed substantially - to at least a year from now
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx