gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:28:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wouldn't It Be Nice - Instrumental Track Re-Creation  (Read 6538 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2014, 10:53:05 AM »

So how does one actually use these reverbs (which Joel uploaded an entire folder of in another thread) in their DAW? I have the wav files (from the aforementioned other thread) but, uh, what do you do with them?

It depends on what kind of DAW you're running, some of them now come with the programs necessary to add convolution reverb as an effect. If yours does not, you'll need a plug-in like Altiverb or others available. Once you find either the program in your current DAW or get and install the plugin, check the tutorials or the manuals available online, depending on the program and available instructions it shouldn't be too hard to get it running. Make sure you have enough processor speed and free space available, as usual with reverb on DAW's. You should be able to access whatever samples are in your folder and load them into the program, then shape the parameters of those sampled triggers any way you want with the program.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »

wow!  Joel, that is way awesome!!!

many pats on the back for getting those sounds and tones........ and as the dr. said, at times I thought I was hearing Brian's track....
yes! that intro!  Perfect man!

Love your work and passion...

RickB
zachrwolfe
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2014, 06:53:43 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:17:23 PM by zatch » Logged
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 12:22:32 AM »

Very impressive.  Sounds spot.  Only suggestion I'd have is to bring the horns down a tad.  This is otherwise excellent.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
egon spengler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

Really spectacular. I can't get over how much the intro sounds exactly like the original--I keep listening to it on repeat!

There's one thing that I can't quite wrap my head around. The intro is two 12-strings (one with the moving line, one with the "it's raining" line), but I swear to the heavens above that they sound like 6-strings. I just can't hear that distinctive chorus effect you get from a 12-string. You've obviously solved the mystery of that part, so.. are my ears deceiving me? Are you only playing one of the two strings in each pair? Whatever it is, bravo!
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 06:52:55 PM »

That's very, very good!

I too have a few musician-y quibbles, but it's really quite an achievement.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx