gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680772 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 12:44:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stack-O-Tracks and Stack-O-Vocals  (Read 1139 times)
Beagle Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2014, 05:10:50 PM »

I love listening to Beach Boys isolated vocal and instrumental tracks, it really makes you appreciate the complexity of the recordings. I have the Stack-O-Tracks CD, the Pet Sounds Box Set, and the Good Vibrations Box Set. Do any other CDs have vocal or instrumental tracks? And have any full multitracks ever appeared? I've seen Beatles multitracks floating around but nothing for the BBs.
slippingonthrough
Smiley Smile Associate

Male eagle walking down the street....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 05:50:35 PM »

Made In California has stack-o-vocals of Slip On Through, This Whole World and Our Sweet Love (OSL has strings as well). It also has instrumentals of Had To Phone Ya, Don't Go Near The Water, Transcendental Meditation. It also has a track of instrumental Good Vibrations sections.

The SMiLE Sessions has an 8 minute track of background vocals from the album.

I know there's many acapellas and instrumentals on Hawthorne and possibly Endless Harmony.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:53 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:17:44 PM by zatch » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:03:37 PM »

GV:30 also has a decent amount of tracks/vocals. Although, they're mixed kinda weird - track and vocals being separated by channels.

If you have something like Audacity, you can delete one channel and turn it into mono.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:56:45 PM »

U.S Singles Collection:
Do You Wanna Dance - stereo backing track

Summer Love Songs:
tantalising acapella backing vocals snippet of Don't Worry, Baby ("hidden" track)

Centre channel extractions of Sail On Sailor and Surf's Up from the EH DVD and WIBN from the Pet Sounds DVD produce good acapella results.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx