gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:55:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I heard "________" in the grocery aisle.  (Read 54103 times)
pdas1996
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 02, 2017, 09:17:05 AM »

Not Beach Boys, but I heard McCartney's "Too Many People" at a Speedway gas station last month.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 03, 2017, 07:23:08 AM »

I was on a camping trip with my wife this weekend with our church.  The whole campsite (1400+ people) would get together in an event tent, and they always had music on as people gathered.  Most of the music seemed new and popular.  I was stunned when "Dreamer" by Dennis Wilson came on over the loud speakers.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2017, 07:50:40 AM »

I heard ANOTHER SIP song!!! I was at a grocery store in LA, and "Hot Fun In The Summertime" was playing!!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 03, 2017, 12:18:24 PM »

I was actually thinking of this thread today! I was in K-Mart (NOT somewhere I frequent...) and heard "That's Why God Made The Radio"!!! I know right?!?
KDS
« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2017, 12:57:52 PM »

I was actually thinking of this thread today! I was in K-Mart (NOT somewhere I frequent...) and heard "That's Why God Made The Radio"!!! I know right?!?

I remember hearing Your Imagination at KMart about ten years ago. 
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2017, 04:33:41 PM »

I heard ANOTHER SIP song!!! I was at a grocery store in LA, and "Hot Fun In The Summertime" was playing!!

Yeh that happened to me about liek 3 years ago, pretty odd

Also homedepot plays that oldie but goodie radio that airs a LOT of Beach Boys, like early Beach Boys, Surfer Girl, Shut Down, Catch A Wave, etc etc
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »

I have heard Today! version of Help Me, Ronda on TV.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:32:44 PM by Watamushi » Logged
Scaroline No
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2017, 04:59:16 PM »

Over the weekend I had lunch at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville in Niagara Falls and they played not one but two Beach Boys songs! They were playing Sail On, Sailor when we walked up to look at the menu, and that was pretty much the deciding factor, LOL. Then during our meal they played California Girls! Maybe it wasn't an entirely unlikely occurrence for being at a restaurant where they have surf boards hanging on the walls, but since the only time I ever hear Beach Boys while out and about is at Christmastime, I was pretty jazzed.
KDS
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2017, 07:56:03 AM »

Over the weekend I had lunch at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville in Niagara Falls and they played not one but two Beach Boys songs! They were playing Sail On, Sailor when we walked up to look at the menu, and that was pretty much the deciding factor, LOL. Then during our meal they played California Girls! Maybe it wasn't an entirely unlikely occurrence for being at a restaurant where they have surf boards hanging on the walls, but since the only time I ever hear Beach Boys while out and about is at Christmastime, I was pretty jazzed.

I know Buffett is a big fan of The Beach Boys.  He recorded a pretty good cover of Sail on Sailor in 2003, and had included BB songs in his setlists. 

On the Boardwalk in Ocean City, MD, there's an art gallery called The Ocean Gallery that always has BB greatest hits blaring out of the store front. 
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »

I Heard Hawaii on a radio like 2 years ago
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2017, 04:31:32 PM »

A local radiostation played the "in concert" version of Sail On Sailor on my commute home today.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2017, 07:19:36 PM »

I'm listening to "Roll Plymouth Rock" play in this Lawrence coffee shop ...
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2017, 12:41:40 AM »

At the gym I heard a horrible version of Help Me Rhonda with crappy drum machine dance music drums. It was on a CD with lots of other classics, such as Ticket To Ride and Go Your Own Way, all with crappy drum machine dance music drums.

I said to the guy in charge "who put this sh*t on?"

He said he did, looking all offended, expecting me to bow to the pressures of social niceties by being embarreseed and aplogising.

Instead I told him that putting crappy drum machine dance music drums.on Help Me Rhonda was very very wrong and should be punishable by immediate execution.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2017, 02:14:40 AM »

At the gym I heard a horrible version of Help Me Rhonda with crappy drum machine dance music drums. It was on a CD with lots of other classics, such as Ticket To Ride and Go Your Own Way, all with crappy drum machine dance music drums.

He said he did, looking all offended, expecting me to bow to the pressures of social niceties by being embarreseed and aplogising.

Instead I told him that putting crappy drum machine dance music drums.on Help Me Rhonda was very very wrong and should be punishable by immediate execution.

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
KDS
« Reply #189 on: October 02, 2017, 06:12:11 AM »

Was it one of those "Drew's Famous Golden Oldies" whatever CD's?  Those collections are just travesties to music. 
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2017, 06:29:17 PM »

Good Vibrations in the middle of a bunch of Motown/soul tracks in Morrisons.

"And suddenly I find myself, listening to a man I've never known before,
Telling me about the sea..."

Looking for contributions for a Dennis fanzine
https://denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2017, 01:56:18 PM »

Sail On Sailor in the local old fashioned independent department store & restaurant . (They've recently switched from copyright free songs that sounds vaguely like 'current' bands, to 70s music, heard about 4 Elton John songs yesterday mixed in with some Bowie and classic rock - Supertramp & Boston etc.)

SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 11, 2017, 07:15:33 PM »

I heard Wouldn't It Be Nice in a garden/farm store today.
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2017, 05:53:36 PM »

A few days ago I heard somebody's cover of Little St Nick in Macy's.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2017, 06:19:50 PM »

I heard the Smile Sessions version of Vega-Tables playing at a restaurant in Bellingham MA called The Beef Barn. I think I was the only person in the place who knew the song.
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2017, 02:45:11 PM »

I heard the Smile Sessions version of Vega-Tables playing at a restaurant in Bellingham MA called The Beef Barn. I think I was the only person in the place who knew the song.

Now that's ironic  Grin

wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2017, 02:47:05 PM »

Sail On Sailor in the local old fashioned independent department store & restaurant . (They've recently switched from copyright free songs that sounds vaguely like 'current' bands, to 70s music, heard about 4 Elton John songs yesterday mixed in with some Bowie and classic rock - Supertramp & Boston etc.)

Same place yesterday heard God Only Know inexplicably in the middle of a set of Christmas songs.
(went like Christmas song, Christmas song, Christmas song etc. followed by "That's not a Christmas song", back to a  Christmas song, followed by "are they playing God Only Knows? Huh"  then a couple more Christmas songs before they decided to play some Queen instead.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:53:01 PM by wild neon sins » Logged

Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2017, 07:16:35 PM »

I heard a Brian Wilson solo song I didn't recognize at a Chinese restaurant today. It featured jingel bells and a prominent high pitch hatmonica solo. Lots of harmonies and a soaring vocal. I'm scratching my head to figure out what it is, granted I haven't heard all of his solo albums.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 07:17:08 PM by Gabo » Logged
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2017, 08:35:44 PM »

Heard Little Saint Nick & Frosty The Snowman while out today...tis the season
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2018, 04:05:21 AM »

I was passing by another office at work and briefly overheard Richard (I don't be-lieeeve it) Wilson narrating some story about a vegan meal, and then a verse of Vegetables was played.

Must be this show:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bkqt8l

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx