gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:56:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I heard "________" in the grocery aisle.  (Read 54535 times)
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2014, 03:33:49 PM »

When I was at the Reds game a few weeks ago they played Don't Worry Baby on the organ before the game started.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2014, 05:31:59 PM »

When I was at the Reds game a few weeks ago they played Don't Worry Baby on the organ before the game started.

Nice, I am going to the game on Monday night, would be cool to hear it!

Go Reds!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2014, 06:41:17 PM »

Nice, I am going to the game on Monday night, would be cool to hear it!

Go Reds!

Yes sir!  Although they looked pretty terrible against San Diego.
JasonK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2014, 06:30:48 AM »

Hi everyone, this is my first post, although I have been lurking here for several years.  I used to post a lot on the Mike Wheeler web page (or whatever it was called) when I was in college. 
Was in a store in Fredericksburg, TX, the other day and the In Concert version of Funky Pretty was playing!  Asked a clerk and she said the owner had a playlist that he ran over the speakers.  Still pretty neat to hear it.
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2014, 09:14:05 AM »

Hi everyone, this is my first post, although I have been lurking here for several years.  I used to post a lot on the Mike Wheeler web page (or whatever it was called) when I was in college. 
Was in a store in Fredericksburg, TX, the other day and the In Concert version of Funky Pretty was playing!  Asked a clerk and she said the owner had a playlist that he ran over the speakers.  Still pretty neat to hear it.

Welcome, friend!  Smiley

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »

While weeding the streets at work today, I was nearly run over by a car going about twenty over the speed limit, but I forgave them because their radio was playing Fun, Fun, Fun.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »

nice surprised at work just now....the '70's station they had playing just played sail on, sailor. great to hear.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Firemellow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2014, 05:46:36 PM »

At Holiday World (Santa Claus, IN) today, I heard IJWMFTT, Sloop John B, Darlin', You're So Good to Me, and a few car hits over a 3 hour period.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2014, 06:41:18 PM »

My Walmart seems to always play "Surfin' USA," and "Help Me Rhonda" when I'm there. Not sure, but I think it's a sign…..
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2014, 09:49:41 AM »

My wife reported that on Thursday (I think) she heard a Muzak[tm] version of "Keep An Eye on Summer" in Mariano's.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2014, 05:45:38 AM »

I saw someone wearing a green Pet Sounds (Brian Wilson tour?) t shirt in a lift in Southwark South London last week...are you among us sir??

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2014, 12:11:12 PM »

I was getting a root canal (my first) last week and I heard Don't Worry Baby playing over the drill noises. Seemed like a station with the greatest hits of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

Also was watching the movie Bubble Boy and heard Wouldn't It Be Nice twice, I had seen the movie before but not in years so hadn't remembered it was featured in the film. The film called Bubble Boy.

No mas, por favor.
Capitol Punishment
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »

I heard a piece of Be True To Your School in a Macy's Back to School commercial.

"I like food" -Brian Wilson
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2014, 06:34:54 PM »

I heard the last strains of "Breakaway" at J&M Family Restaurant in Escondido.  The restaurant was noisy and I was sitting by the kitchen, so I didn't notice until the song was almost done.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2014, 07:18:41 AM »

BTW, do we have to report hearing songs like WIBN and "Surfin' USA"?? FFS, they were hits, they're GOING to be played in public!

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2014, 08:47:59 AM »

I know these are big hits, but even those don't get played that much anymore....during my week at the beach I heard Good Vibrations, Sloop John B, Help Me Rhonda, and Surfin' Safari in various locations/radio stations....
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2014, 03:03:44 PM »

At Holiday World (Santa Claus, IN) today, I heard IJWMFTT, Sloop John B, Darlin', You're So Good to Me, and a few car hits over a 3 hour period.

Speaking of Santa Claus, IN...a few years ago my wife and I were at Soldier Field during one of Chicago's infamous cold snaps...we're talking single-digit temps...at one point between plays they played "Surfin' USA" over the PA...

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2014, 09:22:25 PM »

So....this was unexpected....

Emmanuel Goldstein (real name Eric Corley), who is the editor-in-chief of 2600: The Hacker Quarterly, hosts two one-hour radio shows every week: Off The Wall on Tuesday nights on WSBU in Stony Brook, NY, and he usually discusses world news for that hour; and Off The Hook on Wednesday nights on WBAI in NYC, on which he usually talks about technology and hacking and stuff...

Anyhoo, on last night's episode of Off The Wall, he ended with the stereo version of "Pet Sounds." I've been listening to his shows since 2010, and I never once heard him even acknowledge anything Beach Boys until the most recent Off The Hook, in which he mentioned he learned about the psychedelic band 13th Floor Elevators via the Beach Boys...

Craziness....totally unexpected!

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2014, 10:52:28 PM »

[...] he mentioned he learned about the psychedelic band 13th Floor Elevators via the Beach Boys... [...]
I can't figure the connection between these 2. Am I missing sth. & either band covered another band's song? Did Mr. Goldstein actually mention how he got from A to B on that show?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:54:07 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2014, 06:06:57 AM »

No, it was right at the tail end of his show; he just said it quickly, signed off, and played the song, as if he were in a rush to get out of the studio. (He probably was...from what I hear, the current WBAI studio in Harlem is so tiny that they need to completely exit the studio in order to leave room for the next host(s), so they play music to fill what would otherwise be silence while the folks who do one show leave and the folks who do the next show come in.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:36:37 AM by 37!ws » Logged

BB Universe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »

"Johnny Carson" on Sirius XM. Today is his birthday and Pat St. John (very big BB fan) played it on "60's on 6" (even though its from the 70's).
Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2014, 05:07:17 PM »

I just went for a haircut at a funky barbershop in Silverlake in Los Angeles caled Rudy's. The place has a semi-hipster vibe, the music is usually very eclectic.... and today "Leaving This Town" was on the playlist.  That was unexpected!  And pretty cool.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2014, 11:12:18 AM »

Studio or live?  Smiley

(Don't remember if I'd mentioned this before, but my wife and I hosted a fan gathering at our apartment about ten years ago. This dialog happened:

FRIEND 1: Hey, I heard "Everything I Need" at [store name here] yesterday!

FRIEND 2: Bootleg or regular?

FRIEND 1: Regular?

FRIEND 2: Wilsons version or Foskett version?

FRIEND 1: Wilsons.

)

Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2014, 11:40:44 AM »

I just went for a haircut at a funky barbershop in Silverlake in Los Angeles caled Rudy's. The place has a semi-hipster vibe, the music is usually very eclectic.... and today "Leaving This Town" was on the playlist.  That was unexpected!  And pretty cool.

That's probably one of the rarest ones yet! My most unusual was "hot fun in the summertime" at the bowling alley this past summer. But "leaving this town"? I'd probably think I was dreaming!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2014, 11:58:28 AM »

(Still not as rare as when I heard "Judy" on a radio station in a small shop. Smiley  )

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx