gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:30:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2014  (Read 149156 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: November 07, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »

Went to an M&B show last night and noticed something interesting -- Bruce made the call for the audience to come down to the front of the stage and dance, just like Denny used to do so many years ago in BB shows. I don't recall seeing anyone make that call in any of the recent touring entities

I don't recall Dennis doing that...

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 07, 2014, 04:45:38 PM »

Denny called the audience down front a lot during the '70s.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 07, 2014, 05:00:34 PM »

Went to an M&B show last night and noticed something interesting -- Bruce made the call for the audience to come down to the front of the stage and dance, just like Denny used to do so many years ago in BB shows. I don't recall seeing anyone make that call in any of the recent touring entities (BAD, M&B, C50, etc.) in a long time, but it's something I like seeing revived. Was this just a case of right venue, right time?

At the shows I've been too, no need to make the call. They come anyway. Been that way for years.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 01:32:46 PM by Dave in KC » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: November 08, 2014, 09:26:51 AM »

Ah, now I get it. I thought you meant Dennis danced in the front of the stage....  LOL

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 09, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »

Went to an M&B show last night and noticed something interesting -- Bruce made the call for the audience to come down to the front of the stage and dance, just like Denny used to do so many years ago in BB shows. I don't recall seeing anyone make that call in any of the recent touring entities

I don't recall Dennis doing that...

Yes, this sort of thing was encouraged at the show I saw this summer during the encore (Kokomo/FFF) but I can't say I remember Bruce or anyone specific really starting it...it just sort of happened!  Smiley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 10, 2014, 03:01:17 AM »

Ah, now I get it. I thought you meant Dennis danced in the front of the stage....  LOL
LOL
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 10, 2014, 04:43:57 AM »

I have tickets to a Beach Boys Christmas Show this December--it was advertised as their "annual" show that they chose to have here in Omaha this year. Is that accurate--do they really do a Christmas show every year? Anyway, it should be a fun time.

http://www.ticketomaha.com/tickets/production-details.aspx?prod_season_no=13731

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: November 10, 2014, 04:47:45 AM »

Certainly in December, their shows tend to have a strong seasonal bias. Odd, that.  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 10, 2014, 01:47:56 PM »

Certainly in December, their shows tend to have a strong seasonal bias. Odd, that.  Roll Eyes

The audience last year:

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 10, 2014, 01:56:58 PM »

Jeez, do M&B ever take a break from touring? Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: November 10, 2014, 01:59:04 PM »

The audience last year:

LOL

I understand "Frosty the Snowman" was met with a huge applause, however, the rest of the show was met with a rather cool response.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 10, 2014, 02:09:16 PM »

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 10, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »

I saw their Christmas show last year. 40 songs with a 6 song Christmas set in the second act. Bruce sang "White Christmas", I believe. It wasn't overlong and it didn't seem like they had to drop much to add these songs in (we still got "Disney Girls", "Warmth of The Sun", "Wild Honey" etc). I enjoyed myself.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: November 10, 2014, 02:22:28 PM »

Now and then: in 2013 they didn't play in January at all, just four shows in February, few more March-April, hit their stride in May, pretty solidly July-August, dialled back a bit in September-October, nothing in November and a handful in December  

Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 10, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »

The audience last year:

And everyone's seated!

Time to revisit the 'do you stand or do you sit during concerts' debate...

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 10, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »

Now and then: in 2013 they didn't play in January at all, just four shows in February, few more March-April, hit their stride in May, pretty solidly July-August, dialled back a bit in September-October, nothing in November and a handful in December  

Can the pro C50ers in the room tell me how Brian was going to manage this? (.....asked as I'm running to the nearest shelter Evil)
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 17, 2014, 06:56:21 AM »

The audience last year:

The normal effect on an audience waiting for the lovester's intro for BTTYS to end. None of them look too pleased about it.  Thud

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 17, 2014, 08:53:48 AM »

Can the pro C50ers in the room tell me how Brian was going to manage this? (.....asked as I'm running to the nearest shelter Evil)

I can't answer for any of the other "Pro-C50" crowd, but I didn't expect Brian to just plug into the Mike and Bruce traveling county fair road show. I thought it was a shame that Mike and Bruce didn't agree to the higher profile events that were being offered. You know: Madison Square Garden, New Years, second album offer, etc, etc, etc.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 17, 2014, 10:47:23 AM »

Are tickets on sale yet for M&B's show at Wembley Friday week...?😌

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 17, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »

Are tickets on sale yet for M&B's show at Wembley Friday week...?😌
That'll be the gig at Wembley that's been cancelled ?
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 26, 2014, 06:21:34 AM »

Not that this should come as any surprise for anyone, but on the BBB Bruce today mentions future bookings in process....All the way into 2017, so I would venture to guess this doesn't bode well for any reunion within the next few years.

Some news: We have booked 75% of our 2015 concert dates and we are trying for Australian dates for Novemberish 2015 or March 2016. We are even booking 2016 dates and planning out 2017.

Bruce Johnston
Budapest
November 26, 2014
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 26, 2014, 11:51:08 AM »

Recent encore of "Wild Honey" and "Back In The USSR"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cz7Pd3KEW0

Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 26, 2014, 04:35:51 PM »

Both songs sound forced, almost like trying to keep up with a drum machine. Not pleasant to these ears. And the constant cheerleading from BJ is too much. I've lost my desire to see them again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: November 28, 2014, 10:47:31 AM »

Not that this should come as any surprise for anyone, but on the BBB Bruce today mentions future bookings in process....All the way into 2017, so I would venture to guess this doesn't bode well for any reunion within the next few years.

Some news: We have booked 75% of our 2015 concert dates and we are trying for Australian dates for Novemberish 2015 or March 2016. We are even booking 2016 dates and planning out 2017.

Bruce Johnston
Budapest
November 26, 2014

I thought it had been made blindingly clear, by at least two of the principals and in recent times, that a C50 style reunion just isn't going to happen again.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:48:40 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 28, 2014, 10:58:08 AM »

Bruce Johnston
Budapest
November 26, 2014

I thought it had been made blindingly clear, by at least two of the principals and in recent times, that a C50 style reunion just isn't going to happen again.

Don't tell The Professor.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx