gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:18:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love on the Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous  (Read 25770 times)
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2014, 10:21:56 AM »

Doesn't Brian Wilson own multiple large, luxurious homes, multiple nice cars, and has been seen wearing Gucci loafers?  I guess the difference between Mike and Brian is that Brian wasn't stupid or tacky enough to get himself on such a show. Or Gene Landy wasn't, given the time that was filmed in. It also could have been embarrassing to show that Gene was living in the nice, huge house and Brian was living in a less luxurious beach shack.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2014, 10:34:57 AM »

Doesn't Brian Wilson own multiple large, luxurious homes, multiple nice cars, and has been seen wearing Gucci loafers?  I guess the difference between Mike and Brian is that Brian wasn't stupid or tacky enough to get himself on such a show. Or Gene Landy wasn't, given the time that was filmed in. It also could have been embarrassing to show that Gene was living in the nice, huge house and Brian was living in a less luxurious beach shack.
Brian also doesn't seem to care about showing (off) stuff to strangers in the first place.

Come to think of it, all of the Beach Boys are (/have been) very private people. Mike just may be the least private one of them.. He stills pales in comparison to other rock stars, of course.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2014, 11:17:56 AM »

Brian also doesn't seem to care about showing (off) stuff to strangers in the first place.

Come to think of it, all of the Beach Boys are (/have been) very private people. Mike just may be the least private one of them.. He stills pales in comparison to other rock stars, of course.

I think Mike did it because of the Beach Boys resurgence in popularity, and enjoyed being featured on celebrity TV at age 50. Gives him a nice place to talk about cutlery and all the other aspects of rockstar life.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2014, 11:28:35 AM »

I think Mike did it because of the Beach Boys resurgence in popularity, and enjoyed being featured on celebrity TV at age 50. Gives him a nice place to talk about cutlery and all the other aspects of rockstar life.
LOL
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2014, 01:09:43 PM »

Mike's comments about Dennis and Brian's drug use seemed unnecessary. 
It was in bad taste for him to brag that he's a ladies man at his age and within earshot of his live-in girlfriend and mother of his child.  Good for him that he eventually married her.
It was comical to hear him describe the massage he gives himself every day.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »

I love when he recites his lyrics for the song he wrote to his girlfriend and finishes with "so, that's pretty romantic."
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2014, 02:16:05 PM »

The Tony Clifton of rock and roll.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Nicko1234
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2014, 06:09:50 PM »

I love when he recites his lyrics for the song he wrote to his girlfriend and finishes with "so, that's pretty romantic."

His girlfriend would have been about 11 when he wrote that so he certainly didn`t write it about her.

This is an interesting thing about the interview. He wrote that song in the mid-70s, mentioned it in a 1990 interview and then recorded it for a solo album in 2004. Yet because Mike feels that Beach Boys songs should be about surf and girls he didn`t release it with the group during that whole time. A shame as it is certainly better than the Summer in Paradise material.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 07:10:05 PM »

I honestly like and admire Mike Love even more after watching this. He just seems... chill...
bluesno1fann
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2014, 02:01:06 AM »

that was really clished. Sorry.   Cry

who is this guy and what is he on about?

The user formerly known as halblaineisgood
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2014, 02:20:07 AM »

It's not just that he mentions that Dennis died and Brian had terrible addition issues, it's that he says it with a smug smile on his face. And then says 'that's their problems'. Who on earth refers to the death of their own cousin in such a way? It's really not excusable. He's either really horrid or just a bit mad - I like to think it's the latter. Hey, at least the guys interesting...
halblaineisgood
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2014, 04:53:11 AM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:24:45 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2014, 06:39:21 AM »

I think Mike should apologize to his cousins.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Surfs Down
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2014, 07:46:35 AM »

Dead Horse

whoa this guys a real jerk
halblaineisgood
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2014, 07:52:39 AM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:26:19 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Surfs Down
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »

Gotta say though...

Wasn't sure what to make of his references to his cousins drug/alcohol abuse in printed interviews before.  Seemed ambiguous

Take a look at this however... his behavior/comments are downright deplorable (especially considering the context in which he's making the comments)

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2014, 09:37:29 AM »

"Here's my fabulous house. Did I mention my cousins are substance abusers and one of them died? Oh well. He was drunk like a drunkard. He was so mother fucking high. He was so mother fucking drunk like a drunkard. That's their problem. My cousin Brian is famous for being a nutjob, not for writing the songs that paid for these houses. I'm just sitting here reversing the aging process."

Also, did Robin Leach reference "Heroes And Villains", "Good Timin'", and "On My Way To Sunny Californ-i-a"? JEEEEEZ.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2014, 09:42:54 AM »

Good summary LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2014, 10:29:20 AM »

It's not just that he mentions that Dennis died and Brian had terrible addition issues, it's that he says it with a smug smile on his face. And then says 'that's their problems'. Who on earth refers to the death of their own cousin in such a way? It's really not excusable. He's either really horrid or just a bit mad - I like to think it's the latter. Hey, at least the guys interesting...

"It's not an 'MP', it's a 'YP': your problem!"
-Robert Downey, Sr., Boogie Nights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08EiW3q69gs

(Or in this case a "TP": their problem!)
-Mike Love, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:38:39 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »

"Here's my fabulous house. Did I mention my cousins are substance abusers and one of them died? Oh well. He was drunk like a drunkard. He was so mother fucking high. He was so mother fucking drunk like a drunkard. That's their problem. My cousin Brian is famous for being a nutjob, not for writing the songs that paid for these houses. I'm just sitting here reversing the aging process."

..."Now that I've said all that, how about we film me and this little hottie half my age out in the hot tub?" Razz
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2014, 03:11:51 PM »

Seriously, if one us tried to do parody of Mike Love on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, there is  no way we could touch the unintended hilarity of this.

"Watch me rub this secret liniment all over my torso. I've used it for years and it reverses the aging process despite what you actually see."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:36:51 PM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
bachelorofbullets
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2014, 06:02:50 PM »

The gray rug on the chest is nasty, he should of shaved that.

He also invented a new word, "naturalness".

And what's he doing taking a toddler on a horse?  Not smart.

Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2014, 07:07:06 PM »

Seriously, if one us tried to do parody of Mike Love on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, there is  no way we could touch the unintended hilarity of this.

"Watch me rub this secret liniment all over my torso. I've used it for years and it reverses the aging process despite what you actually see."

he's aged better than al... i seriously feel sorry for him

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:09:09 PM by Gabo » Logged
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2014, 07:13:42 PM »

Seriously, if one us tried to do parody of Mike Love on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, there is  no way we could touch the unintended hilarity of this.

he's aged better than al

I'd say all the Beach Boys look 70 plus. The key difference is that Mike's calendar age has finally caught up with his actual look, the exact opposite of reversing the aging process
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:15:16 PM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2014, 07:15:50 PM »

compared to this? Mike looks great

i think the guru lotion is working
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: