gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 02:57:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love on the Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous  (Read 25849 times)
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2014, 07:16:54 PM »

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:17:54 PM by Gabo » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2014, 07:18:24 PM »

Seriously, if one us tried to do parody of Mike Love on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, there is  no way we could touch the unintended hilarity of this.

"Watch me rub this secret liniment all over my torso. I've used it for years and it reverses the aging process despite what you actually see."

he's aged better than al

I'd say all the Beach Boys look 70 plus. The key difference is that Mike's calendar age has finally caught up with his actual look, the exact opposite of reversing the aging process

I disagree. Bruce still looks like he's in his 60's, and David, Blondie and Ricky still look younger than that
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2014, 07:20:35 PM »

Blondie and Ricky are nearly ten years younger than the other band members ^

Also Blondie looks like a troll.

anyway the guru lotion is working. Mike is basically the closest thing to an ageless rock star in the beach boys camp. i wanna get some from him and im only 22
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:23:49 PM by Gabo » Logged
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2014, 07:57:54 PM »

Looking at Mike now, I think the Beach Boys should transition into a motorcycle S&M direction.

If everybody had assless chaps
Across the USA
Then everybody'd be bikin'
Across the USA
You'd see them with leather whips
Steel-toed boots and chains too
A bald, bald shining forehead
Bikin' USA
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2014, 11:33:26 PM »

i realize i border dangerously on troll sometimes

i guess that's why i like mike so much
Nicko1234
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2014, 12:21:42 AM »

Mike does indeed look the same age in this interview from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFuEh02tFw

But nowadays he seems to have mellowed plenty too.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2014, 08:36:05 AM »

y'all are bein' mean Cry

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2014, 06:12:45 PM »

Mike does indeed look the same age in this interview from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFuEh02tFw

But nowadays he seems to have mellowed plenty too.

He needed to, badly. Mike was insufferable for several years after "Kokomo." In fact, this appearance sums up everything people dislike about Mike Love. Personally I think he is better than he comes off in this tacky clip, but it is what it is. It was 1990 but the 80's hangover was still in effect. Soon enough, Nirvana and their brethren would change everything, mostly for the better.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:53:23 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2014, 05:41:30 PM »

Good lord, I don't think there's a BB song that Robin Leach didn't reference.

For those interested in the BB songs Robin referenced Grin

Good Vibrations - five times
Surfin' Safari - twice
Fun Fun Fun - twice

Be True To Your School
California Saga: California
Don't Worry Baby
Good Timin'
Heroes and Villains
I Can Hear Music
I Get Around
Rock and Roll to the Rescue
Sail on Sailor
Surfer Girl
Wouldn't It Be Nice

i really appreciate these references:
California Saga: California
Good Timin'
Heroes and Villains
I Can Hear Music
Rock and Roll to the Rescue
Sail on Sailor

ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2014, 10:28:31 PM »

What kind of grown man talks like this?  What a materialistic, misogynistic, narcissistic buffoon he makes himself out to be in this interview.

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2014, 10:32:58 PM »

Favorite responses on this thread:

Interesting that he has a grand piano in his home.
Can he play at all?

Maybe that's the room. Y'know, THE room, the metaphorical room in which he hopes one day to sit down with Cousin Brian and write a whole new Beach Boys album.

I love when he recites his lyrics for the song he wrote to his girlfriend and finishes with "so, that's pretty romantic."

Also, I wish the narrator would've made a reference about Mike's 25-year-old girlfriend and "how she boogalooed it" with a 49-year-old man...

Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »

This sort of illustrates what I've been saying all along. Mike can complain about being wrongly cast as the villain to Brian's tortured genius in the Beach Boys story, and he has been, to an extent. But, these types of interviews and his seeming lack of sensitivity and personal awareness go a long way toward cementing that perception with the public. The guy seriously needs a PR consultation.  

Of course, it's possible he just doesn't care what people think. In which case, he needs to embrace his jackass-iness and quit complaining.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:54:40 AM by Cyncie » Logged
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2014, 10:35:19 AM »

Also, I wish the narrator would've made a reference about Mike's 25-year-old girlfriend and "how she boogalooed it" with a 49-year-old man...

Why do you wish that? Because it would've given Mike the opportunity to mention how young Marilyn was when Brian was sleeping with her, or how young Shawn was when Dennis married her and how young Shawn was (17) when she got pregnant with Dennis' son, Gage?
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2014, 09:21:22 PM »

Why do you wish that? Because it would've given Mike the opportunity to mention how young Marilyn was when Brian was sleeping with her, or how young Shawn was when Dennis married her and how young Shawn was (17) when she got pregnant with Dennis' son, Gage?

. . . I only wish that because the narrator was really forcing some song references, and that one would've fit pretty well, amiright?  Razz

Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2014, 09:51:35 PM »

It's not just that he mentions that Dennis died and Brian had terrible addition issues, it's that he says it with a smug smile on his face. And then says 'that's their problems'. Who on earth refers to the death of their own cousin in such a way? It's really not excusable. He's either really horrid or just a bit mad - I like to think it's the latter. Hey, at least the guys interesting...

Being dead is a huge problem, agreed. There is probably no bigger obstacle to overcome than being dead, I would think.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2014, 06:18:39 AM »

[...] or how young Shawn was when Dennis married her and how young Shawn was (17) when she got pregnant with Dennis' son, Gage?
Speaking of Shawn, I seem to recall that there were doubts about her being Mike's daughter, the singer himself denied that. So is she or is she not? Mr. Doe or anyone with expert knowledge would chime in maybe?

This is the ultimate worst image Mike has shown in any interview - the image of ladies' gentleman & egohead (playword on "I'm the Walrus"). Could care less about his bragging of deluxe furniture & stuff, but speaking indifferently about Brian & Dennis is going overboard, I reckon.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2014, 07:30:23 AM »

There apparently was a court case regarding paternity, followed by some type of settlement.  From what I remember reading here, the test suggested he was the father but it was not conclusive.  AGD has more specific info.
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2014, 08:11:29 AM »

I admit it, I'm a ladies man!

Mojo lotion!  Where do we order?

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2014, 09:33:29 AM »

He could have his own reality show. Maybe a cross-reality show where he interacts with Carnie Wilson and her reality. They actually seem to get along okay, but the contrast in personalities and lifestyles could be interesting.
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2014, 09:36:57 AM »

For what it's worth (LOL), here's a look at Mike's Pebble Beach home that he has for sale:

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/detail/180-l-1189-n9e5yj/one-of-a-kind-ocean-view-estate-pebble-beach-ca-93953

http://youtu.be/fLL5e-i79BM
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:44:11 AM by Not Dick Dale » Logged

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2014, 10:12:58 AM »

I admit it, I'm a ladies man!

Mojo lotion!  Where do we order?

LOL

Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2014, 10:17:06 AM »

Good lord, I don't think there's a BB song that Robin Leach didn't reference.

Haha I like the Sail On Sailor reference.....but yeah, insane song title reference overload - set to footage of Mike Love swimming in a waterfall lol

I like the California Saga reference
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »

Never saw this.  Hilarious!

Mike (while grinning, laughing) - "I have lived a fine outstanding life... no alcoholism in my side.... I mean, some of my cousins..." (cut to a picture of Dennis)

Good god Mike

Then he starts rubbing himself with oil, while walking around half naked... the camera follows his hands up his leg, under his shorts, and he says he's trying to get rid of the "Cooties". 

lol  One of the worst I've ever seen of him.  This sh*t has got to be fake, there's no way this guy is really like this.  He's just been running the world's best joke since 1962.

I can't believe how much of it they focus on him crawling around half nude. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »

"But that's their problem".

Sorry, but the man is - or at least was - a prick. Talented, but a prick.

I heard someone once talk about Jim & Tammy Faye Baker, and said that they were so obnoxiously flaunting that they were spending the money they were getting as donations, that there was almost an innocence to it, like they didn't realize it was wrong.  They'd ride around in limousines, etc. while running this church people were donating to...

Mike's kind of the same way.  He's such a fucking jerk about some things that it's almost admirable.  I mean you've got to be COMMITTED to say some of the sh*t he says.  A lot of people THINK it, but Mike actually SAYS it. 

So lots of people might think when somebody says Drugs... "Hmm... Yeah Mike never really did drugs.  Brian had a lot of trouble with Drugs... and drugs and alcoholism pretty much killed Dennis... " and then keep it to yourself, and ponder that, or move onto another topic. 

Mike actually says, exactly that, OUT LOUD while grinning.  I think the grin was the worst.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »

People who think Mike Love is vile must not get out much.  I've seen worse on the average trip to Walmart, or to some fine shopping areas, for that matter. I think Steve Martin has based part of his comedy career on doing Mike Love-like characters, that's how common his type is.

I would like to know where Mike stands on the cutlery industry making cheap knock-offs in China and slapping names like "Henckels" on them. I'm sure a man of his discriminating cutlery taste would be outraged.
Steve Martins act.  LOL!     I like to think that was a relic of the disco era self indulgence and the Kokomo vibe and thatMike has outgrown all of that attitude.  really out of synch with the eastern ideals he espouses.  sometime I think Mike is insecure and overcompensated.   could that be?

Some people (not all) are attracted to religion and practice religion because they're kind, compassionate, wonderful people. 

Some people (not all) are attracted to religion and practice religion because they need help, spiritually and it helps them live a better life, try to be kind, compassionate, and more wonderful people.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx