gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:27:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love on the Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous  (Read 25855 times)
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2014, 11:50:45 AM »

Mike does indeed look the same age in this interview from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFuEh02tFw

But nowadays he seems to have mellowed plenty too.

Now that was fun to watch! Thanks for the link.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2014, 12:49:27 PM »

Really... you've got to give him 1 small piece of credit.  He's been married to the woman in the video from 1990 (after Robin said Mike doesn't want to get married)... Maybe she deserves some credit for mellowing him out a little bit.  She pops up in the video from 2013.

Good for them!

Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2014, 12:54:04 PM »

O.k., I agree, that was pretty funny.  Definitely very un-Kokomoish.

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2014, 03:03:26 AM »

Returning back to off-topic rather than discussing super-boring stuff like reality show with Carnie & picture-posting:

There apparently was a court case regarding paternity, followed by some type of settlement.  From what I remember reading here, the test suggested he was the father but it was not conclusive.  AGD has more specific info.
Thanks for the info. I'm a bit puzzled by the last bit, so the question still remains - is Mike a real father of Shawn or not? Mr. Doe, got any answer? metal flake paint, maybe? I'd like to know the final verdict.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2014, 03:07:51 AM »

O.k., I agree, that was pretty funny.  Definitely very un-Kokomoish.
That's a really good interview. Mike comes across as a nice guy and pleasant to be with. And he's funny, too. Well, we already knew that. Cheesy
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2014, 04:24:29 AM »

Returning back to off-topic rather than discussing super-boring stuff like reality show with Carnie & picture-posting:

There apparently was a court case regarding paternity, followed by some type of settlement.  From what I remember reading here, the test suggested he was the father but it was not conclusive.  AGD has more specific info.
Thanks for the info. I'm a bit puzzled by the last bit, so the question still remains - is Mike a real father of Shawn or not? Mr. Doe, got any answer? metal flake paint, maybe? I'd like to know the final verdict.

I think Jon explains it the best:

http://youtu.be/koLWVS_6mbE?t=7m59s

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2014, 05:32:32 AM »

Thanks very much! You have the best memory on details like the needed timing of video, needed page of book & other references. It's amazing. Now my life is complete (well, half: the next thing I look forward to is the photo of Hite &/or Dorinda Morgan(s)).

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2014, 06:40:34 AM »

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 05:20:18 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2014, 06:42:29 AM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,9814.msg170755.html#msg170755

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2014, 08:37:53 AM »

Well that was traumatizing...

Well if you wanna go for full-blown PTSD, try this channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0rWE6uhNWHUv0u8B33Peg
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2014, 03:08:30 PM »

Thanks very much! You have the best memory on details like the needed timing of video, needed page of book & other references. It's amazing. Now my life is complete (well, half: the next thing I look forward to is the photo of Hite &/or Dorinda Morgan(s)).

That maybe so, but it doesn't leave much room for remembering the important stuff like taking the garbage out Grin

Not long to go (hopefully) until we see that photo.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2014, 06:34:49 PM »

That maybe so, but it doesn't leave much room for remembering the important stuff like taking the garbage out Grin

Not long to go (hopefully) until we see that photo.

There's a really funny episode of "Married with Children" about that.  Dont' know if you saw it.  Basically Kelly Bundy is an airhead, but Al discovers that she has this incredible knack for remembering Trivia.  So he starts coaching her up and teaching her all these facts and answers... she goes on a quiz show, and is getting everything right, winning all kinds of money.  When it gets to the last question, the question is "Who holds the record for most rushing yards and touchdowns in a season in the state of (wherever they lived)?"  And of course the answer is Al Bundy.  Unfortunately for Al, he discovered that Kelly's brain had filled up; everytime she learned something new, she forgot something old, so even though Al had bragged about it for her entire life, she'd forgot the statistic. 

Probably my favorite episode...
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx