gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 01:16:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has "Ronda" vs "Rhonda" ever been explained?  (Read 3672 times)
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2014, 07:11:38 AM »

O.k., I've been on the BB wagon for nearly 40 years and maybe this has been explained multiple times but I can't recall.

Has the spelling differences (Ronda vs Rhonda) ever been explained?

Sounds like a court case.   Afro

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 07:49:29 AM »

Mike changed the spelling of the name. Co-credit please!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 07:52:10 AM »

The version with the changed name did become a hit after all  Smiley

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 08:16:37 AM »

Spelling of the name changed to differentiate between the album version and the single version.  Two different versions of the same song/subject matter.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 08:26:05 AM »

Spelling of the name changed to differentiate between the album version and the single version.  Two different versions of the same song/subject matter.

Yes, we know. But it's not exactly a common practice, so why do it for this song?

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 09:02:21 AM »

Not the only example of a name change in Beachboydom - "Cabin Essence" = "Cabinessence", "Vegtables" = "Vega-tables" = "Vegetables". "Heros & Villians" = "Heroes & Villains"…

Could be down to something as simple as an engineer's (or a Beach Boy's, or a Beach Boy's sister-in-law) mis-spelling on a tape box…

“We live in divisive times.”
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 09:21:39 AM »

Yes, we know. But it's not exactly a common practice, so why do it for this song?

Who's "we", there, Mr. SMiLE?  You're assuming everybody on the board knows, including the OP.  Speak for yourself. You got a better answer?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »

Who's "we", there, Mr. SMiLE?  You're assuming everybody on the board knows, including the OP.  Speak for yourself. You got a better answer?

What's your beef with me, man? You've been outright nasty to me since I came here.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 10:07:41 AM »

"Yes, we know". That's a sarcastic know-it-all response to my reply to the thread's premise. Again, with that statement, you're assuming everybody on the board already knows. Maybe a common sense answer is all that's needed here. Maybe someone with inside knowledge will come along and provide a much better answer. All you came up with is "it wasn't common practice". Well, no sh*t?

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 10:12:58 AM »

"Yes, we know". That's a sarcastic know-it-all response to my reply to the thread's premise. Again, with that statement, you're assuming everybody on the board already knows. Maybe a common sense answer is all that's needed here. Maybe someone with inside knowledge will come along and provide a much better answer. All you came up with is "it wasn't common practice". Well, no sh*t?

I don't think OP wouldve started the thread had they not already been aware of the difference. And you're one to talk about not contributing to discussions. It seems anything I say or post is wrong as far as you're concerned so...

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 05:24:21 PM »

Cotton Fields, Cottonfields. It's just a case of having the single version and album version being subtly different

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 06:39:22 PM »

Yep. Another case in point. Dunno about 'subtle' differences between the songs, but another example to differentiate the two. Though I've seen the title Cottonfields/Cotton Fields reversed (or misprinted) on various single and album releases over the years.

Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 09:51:41 PM »

My cousin's name is Rhonda.  Never knew anyone even spelled it without the h. Shocked
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 10:16:14 PM »

Yeah, I've always thought "Ronda" was a misspelling in the first place because nobody spells it like that.

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 09:12:19 AM »

Cotton Fields, Cottonfields. It's just a case of having the single version and album version being subtly different

Yeah, just like "Be True To Your School" and "Be True To Your School".

Ummm, wait... er...

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 09:18:19 AM »

It's like "Good Only Knows" and "God Vibrations".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 10:19:55 AM »

It's like "Good Only Knows" and "God Vibrations".

Exactly. Same concept.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 10:23:02 AM »

My cousin's name is Rhonda.  Never knew anyone even spelled it without the h. Shocked

I knew a girl named 'Ronda' back in Jr. High.  Her Dad (named Ron) wanted a boy and was going to call him Ronald Jr.  Instead he got a girl and named her 'Ronda'.  I kid you not!

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 10:45:41 AM »

I knew a girl named 'Ronda' back in Jr. High.  Her Dad (named Ron) wanted a boy and was going to call him Ronald Jr.  Instead he got a girl and named her 'Ronda'.  I kid you not!

Surprised the fathder didn't name her RonDuh

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »

On the japanese 45 they called her "Rohnda"

Watson, did you hear this?
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 11:56:12 AM »

I knew a girl called Rhonda once; no wait, it was twice!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 12:00:53 PM »

well at least it wasn't "Help me Honda"....
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 12:28:10 PM »

I knew a girl called Rhonda once; no wait, it was twice!

Huh huh huh huh huh!   Ed, you're so fuckin' funny.   Grin

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx