gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:27:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Survivor #27 Winner: Good Timin'  (Read 108476 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2014, 07:10:49 PM »

How could this be?!

TBH probably cause of you, spite votes killed it...and your reaction with the whole mess of emoticons proves it

^^^^ pretty much this^^^^^

that doesn't make it right.

Pixletwin, what is your opinion on Spite votes? Would you count them as fair and legitimate, or unfair and illegitimate?

I don't think people should do spite votes, but I suppose it's kind of in the same category as those who switch their votes strategically.

Ultimately it's all in fun, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. But I wish people hadn't spite voted. With switch voting I think it doesn't actually change the final vote. It's impact is limited. But a spite vote can louse up the purity of a game. But again, I hope people aren't taking these games quite that seriously.  3D

Yeah, I agree. It's sad that people actually use spite votes, they should just vote honestly.
Nicko1234
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »

Yeah, I agree. It's sad that people actually use spite votes, they should just vote honestly.

Smiley

Presumably you think Good Timin` was included on TWOTS in spite as well?

Some people actually like that song you know.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2014, 07:26:10 PM »

Definitely. We have been saying since early on that Good Timin could just as easily be a winner and it was. It was a spirited match. It was fun.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2014, 08:34:55 PM »

I liked Good Timin' the most of the three songs, so I voted for it. Isn't that point of the game? As usual, LSM has turned this into a troll fest  Sad

The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2014, 09:08:24 PM »

Reading the last few pages reminded me exactly why I've stopped voting on these threads. Nothing against you Pixletwin, but some people simply suck out the fun in this thread by taking it waaaaay to serious.

Also, Reply #375 needs to be removed. Why the **** was that necessary? Brow
bluesno1fann
« Reply #405 on: April 11, 2014, 09:33:03 PM »

As usual, LSM has turned this into a troll fest  Sad

As usual, Woodstock has put the blame on the post-round arguments on one person, and one person only  Roll Eyes
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 11, 2014, 09:43:55 PM »

As usual, Woodstock has put the blame on the post-round arguments on one person, and one person only  Roll Eyes
He has the right to blame you. You decided to post one of the single most childish responses (reply 375) ever on this forum and go on a tirade just because a Dennis song hasn't won. Those posts were clearly bate for post-round arguments, dude.

Sometimes it's best to keep one's mouth shut.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #407 on: April 11, 2014, 09:46:13 PM »

He has the right to blame you. You decided to post one of the single most childish responses (reply 375) ever on this forum and go on a tirade just because a Dennis song hasn't won. Those posts were clearly bate for post-round arguments, dude.

Sometimes it's best to keep one's mouth shut.

Not really. In fact it had already started before I joined in. Disney Boy, Retrokid... and the rest.

Using one as a scapegoat is not right in any circumstances.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2014, 09:52:24 PM »

At least you edited your post from 100 angry emotes to 50. That was thoughtful, thank you  Smiley

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 11, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »

Well I hate to see people leaving the game. I feel like leaving this thread open is just going to get people angry so I'll just temporarily close it. We'll be playing new rounds next week. We have the 80's ahead! So I foresee a fun and drama-free survivor.

Reading the last few pages reminded me exactly why I've stopped voting on these threads. Nothing against you Pixletwin, but some people simply suck out the fun in this thread by taking it waaaaay to serious.

Also, Reply #375 needs to be removed. Why the **** was that necessary? Brow

I agree. If some folk are finding the survivor game is insulting their sensibilities and frustrating what they perceive as their sense of justice, maybe they should be the ones taking a break. Stick around thedumbangel. We need people with a variety of backgrounds and opinions. That's what makes the game fun. Hopefully everyone can dig that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:11:42 PM by pixletwin » Logged
slippingonthrough
Smiley Smile Associate

Male eagle walking down the street....

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 11, 2014, 10:11:17 PM »

The results are what they are. Yes, some of us are disappointed. Let's move on.  Banana
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2014, 11:14:55 AM »

Thread is open.

Lets be friends! Lets be friends.

Lets be...

FRIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEENNNNNNNDDDDDDSSSSSSS!  LOL
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2014, 11:48:12 AM »

I think the Dennis not winning anything needs some perspective.  For me there are two albums where Dennis contributes the best song (Friends and L.A.), but its not like theyre slam dunk decisions.  Sunflower seems like the other option that has a lot of weight, and Forever is a good choice too even if I prefer This Whole World and All I wanna do.  Only 4 of the 7 70s albums have Dennis songs, two of which were close calls.  It doesn't seem to me like some obvious winner were upset, because I don't believe there is an album where a Dennis song obliterates all else.
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 14, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »

"Forgive your brother
For life is precious"

-Dennis Wilson

Please delete my account
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 14, 2014, 04:21:39 PM »

I was going to vote for "Baby Blue" just to give Denny that illusive win, when I started thinking about how "some of you" were talkin' up this idea that a win is not a win unless the winner wrote the song - not good enough to just sing it...technicalities.  What about the Cover Versions?  Someone singing another members songs - quite common.  Started me wondering about other rounds, other records.  These votes go so strange.  Tracks I've loved since release just get trashed...15 Big Ones comes to mind.  L.A. is, for me, a near Carl solo album.  Not uncommon for one of the albums to focus on one member or the other.  There is a reason Dennis asked Carl to sing his songs.  Carl wasn't on the side-line holding up his hand going, "Me, Me."  These choices were thought out, just like when Brian did it.  This "spite" angle now comes in as the most recent "tactic" - like we need to feel sorry for Dennis, or Heaven forbid those who think their fandom is more important than who (Who?).  Spite?  Get off of It!  I voted for the song I liked Best of the Final choices.  simple.  I believe I did vote for "Cuddle Up" - but you may have noticed by my voting pattern that I like Carl's voice a whole lot more than Dennis' from any era.  Carl's writing is as good too.  I was crushed when "Girl Don't Tell Me" didn't win.  Surprised it wasn't more cherished.  Didn't even make it to the Final.  How many of you were disappointed?  I wasn't taking names...and not the only hammer to fell one of my favorites.  There are two tracks on L.A. that I like better than "Baby Blue":  "Goin' South" and "Full Sail" - even "Love Surrounds Me" - those did not make it to the Final Round.  I don't recall calling anyone out, as "fans of The Beach Boys" claimed they were boring, slow, whatever...Cause this is just a GAME we are playing to pass the day away.  How could pixletwin possibly figure out if someone WAS making a spite vote?  Is he the Mentalist?  And, not to single you out (I'm not wanting these arguments that belong in PMs, if anywhere, to go any further), Rei You should EDIT that reply #375, to at least one emoticon.  What will future guests and posters think in years to come?  Folks like you who look at the past of this Great Forum looking for Threads to pull up from the depths.  They're gonna' find That?  But then how will they know which you was you you might ask.  It's not too difficult, we all have Post History.  I could just PM you again...but that doesn't seem to be working.  You are not a troll in my book, but please tone-it-down.  It gets hard on my hand having to scroll down half a page to get to the next admonishment. Grin
Or at least go with the Dennis quote au bord de ma ch`ere (how do you get ` to post over the e?) found. 
Let there be peace.  We still have many Rounds to go.  Game=Fun, that's all it is.  Your favorites will always be in your hearts.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2014, 04:26:31 PM »

Another Popcorn fantasy.  Next Round...

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
bluesno1fann
« Reply #416 on: April 15, 2014, 12:04:30 AM »

I have nothing more to add to this thread, the winner is the winner. Good Timin' is still a great song, and it's definitely in the top 3 of this album.

And it has come to my attention that there are still Denny songs on the upcoming Odds and Ends round, so thankfully It's Not Too Late! (Pun intended)
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: April 15, 2014, 12:49:17 AM »

If I had to rank the tracks on this album, it would go something like this:

1. Lady Lynda
2. Love surrounds me
3. Full sail
4. Angel come home
5. Good timin
6. Here comes the night
7. Baby Blue
8. Goin south
9. Sumahama
10. Shortenin bread

But really I love every song on this album!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #418 on: April 15, 2014, 01:34:10 AM »

Good Timin' is still a great song, and it's definitely in the top 3 of this album.
You're quite a chameleon, Rei. Last time I saw, you didn't like "Good Timin'". Or I mix it up with another "well-liked" song?

I never said I disliked Good Timin'. In face I really, really like that song. Just not as much as Baby Blue and Love Surrounds Me.
If you get rid of the Dennis songs, then Good Timin' is my favourite off this album
bluesno1fann
« Reply #419 on: April 15, 2014, 01:36:40 AM »

If I had to rank the tracks on this album, it would go something like this:

1. Lady Lynda
2. Love surrounds me
3. Full sail
4. Angel come home
5. Good timin
6. Here comes the night
7. Baby Blue
8. Goin south
9. Sumahama
10. Shortenin bread

But really I love every song on this album!

Here's mine, from my least Favourite to my Favourite:

10. Sumahama.
9. Goin' South.
8. Shortenin' Bread.
7. Full Sail.
6. Here Comes The Night.
5. Lady Lynda.
4. Angel Come Home.
3. Good Timin'.
2. Baby Blue.
1. Love Surrounds Me.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:37:32 AM by Love Surrounds Me » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 15, 2014, 02:08:22 AM »

Good Timin' is still a great song, and it's definitely in the top 3 of this album.
You're quite a chameleon, Rei. Last time I saw, you didn't like "Good Timin'". Or I mix it up with another "well-liked" song?

I never said I disliked Good Timin'. In face I really, really like that song. Just not as much as Baby Blue and Love Surrounds Me.
If you get rid of the Dennis songs, then Good Timin' is my favourite off this album

This says something else entirely:
This is fucking disgraceful. Dennis is rolling around in his grave because of these results.

Dennis loved Brian, and he would be happy to see the love his brother's songs receive.

Nicko1234
« Reply #421 on: April 15, 2014, 02:23:54 AM »

I have nothing more to add to this thread, the winner is the winner. Good Timin' is still a great song, and it's definitely in the top 3 of this album.

And it has come to my attention that there are still Denny songs on the upcoming Odds and Ends round, so thankfully It's Not Too Late! (Pun intended)

There are indeed...oh and Still I Dream of It  Evil
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 15, 2014, 02:31:00 AM »

This is fucking disgraceful. Dennis is rolling around in his grave because of these results.

LOL LOL LOL

No way this is not trolling.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 15, 2014, 02:57:36 AM »

And it has come to my attention that there are still Denny songs on the upcoming Odds and Ends round, so thankfully It's Not Too Late!

There are indeed...oh and Still I Dream of It  Evil
I agree, Brian still has more fan favorites in the next Odds 'n' Ends game. So be ready for getting trembles, Dennis fans!
LOL Hey, don't scare 'em off before the fun starts!

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #424 on: April 15, 2014, 03:27:53 AM »

LOL LOL LOL

No way this is not trolling.

It's not. It is disgraceful that Dennis hasn't won a single Survivor round. Though there's still the next Odds and Ends round... we'll see what happens then.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx