gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680552 Posts in 27595 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 02:19:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Survivor #27 Winner: Good Timin'  (Read 108183 times)
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 15, 2014, 04:03:51 PM »

You use the word "prevalent" a lot and you never use it in a way that makes any sense to me.

Please delete my account
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 15, 2014, 04:06:58 PM »

I never understand when I sometimes see dolts undermine brian' s lyrics. Hes written & composed the best music of the last 50+ yrs and its as prevalent as can be yknow...  

So what if he's composed the best music of the last 50+ years? Everyone is open to criticism. Besides, he wrote the best music of the last half century, not the best words.

what about all the awful cornball beatles songs from their last 3 post- revolver yrs

This isn't about The Beatles. Why must people always bring the f*cking Beatles into this?

right

No.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 15, 2014, 06:22:47 PM »

Kook Adams is a kook about the Beatles. Phew runs a group on Facebook that pretends to be about the beach boys but is actually about how much he hates the Beatles and seeks pats on his back for how clever he is in his disdain.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: June 15, 2014, 11:17:08 PM »

Kook Adams is a kook about the Beatles. Phew runs a group on Facebook that pretends to be about the beach boys but is actually about how much he hates the Beatles and seeks pats on his back for how clever he is in his disdain.
no kookadams is a kook for saying what others are afraid to. And its always easy to criticize what isnt typical or predictble/ kookadams doesnt undermine or dislike the fabricated four- he is aware and appreciates their output of 64-66, ...and yhe facebook group is the #1 BBs but will never except horseshit.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #479 on: June 15, 2014, 11:19:16 PM »

I never understand when I sometimes see dolts undermine brian' s lyrics. Hes written & composed the best music of the last 50+ yrs and its as prevalent as can be yknow... 

So what if he's composed the best music of the last 50+ years? Everyone is open to criticism. Besides, he wrote the best music of the last half century, not the best words.

what about all the awful cornball beatles songs from their last 3 post- revolver yrs

This isn't about The Beatles. Why must people always bring the f*cking Beatles into this?

right

No.
?? Then who wrote them? Bob dylan cuz thats what rolling stone says to believe and mtv...
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 15, 2014, 11:34:53 PM »

no kookadams is a kook for saying what others are afraid to.

No, you're right, you're a hero. A spokesman for the people! Jeez, what an inflated sense of self...

kookadams doesnt undermine or dislike the fabricated four

Fabricated four? Who do you think we're talking about - The Monkees? That makes no sense. That's just some lame, ill-conceived put down.
Do try harder.

...and yhe facebook group is the #1 BBs but will never except horseshit.

... is this a sentence?

?? Then who wrote them? Bob dylan cuz thats what rolling stone says to believe and mtv...

In fact, yes. Perfect example. Bob Dylan is one of the greatest lyric writers of all time. If Brian ever wrote something to match "It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)", I've never heard it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:35:49 PM by Down by the banks of the Hanky Panky » Logged
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: June 16, 2014, 02:48:17 AM »

The replies on here are hilarious sometimes. People make ridiculous remarks undermining brian wilsons writing on a beach boys thread and Im the weirdo for disregarding the typical bs thats commonly seen.  And when were the monkees involved in this topic? Its hilarious and sad when people get irked any time the beatles are regarded without praise. A mediocre english pub band gets discovered by a brilliant producer , gets mass marketing and polished up enough to be seen as the greatest act in showbiz but all the substantial details are eschewed... I dont undermine the beatles, from 64 to 66 they made some good tunes but the infectious addictive quality of the beach boys was and is beyond definition. The only other rock acts of the 60s that came close were jan&dean and the 4 seasons... the british invasion spawned some great records but I wouldnt worship any of em.. I give the who credit for the ready steady go ep- barbara ann and bucket t- highlight °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
bluesno1fann
« Reply #482 on: June 16, 2014, 03:36:23 AM »

The replies on here are hilarious sometimes. People make ridiculous remarks undermining brian wilsons writing on a beach boys thread and Im the weirdo for disregarding the typical bs thats commonly seen.  And when were the monkees involved in this topic? Its hilarious and sad when people get irked any time the beatles are regarded without praise. A mediocre english pub band gets discovered by a brilliant producer , gets mass marketing and polished up enough to be seen as the greatest act in showbiz but all the substantial details are eschewed... I dont undermine the beatles, from 64 to 66 they made some good tunes but the infectious addictive quality of the beach boys was and is beyond definition. The only other rock acts of the 60s that came close were jan&dean and the 4 seasons... the british invasion spawned some great records but I wouldnt worship any of em.. I give the who credit for the ready steady go ep- barbara ann and bucket t- highlight °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Just how is the post-66 Beatles stuff bad?
And you seem to dismiss the many great British bands of the era (besides the Beatles and the Who). Like the Rolling Stones, the Animals, the Yardbirds, etc. In their own way they were all brilliant as well.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 16, 2014, 07:48:55 AM »

Just how is the post-66 Beatles stuff bad?
And you seem to dismiss the many great British bands of the era (besides the Beatles and the Who). Like the Rolling Stones, the Animals, the Yardbirds, etc. In their own way they were all brilliant as well.

All you need to know is because kook said so. He is a drummer, so he outta know. He is a maverick. He is a trail blazer. He paves the way for others to follow...

He is also the least self aware person I have ever come across on the internet.  LOL
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 16, 2014, 09:05:18 AM »

The extent to which you don't understand is incredible.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: June 16, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »

I say the stones starting with aftermath, their first orig album and beneath the buttons. The kinks and animals were great, there was a lot of great english groups, I never said there wasnt. I dont get what I said thaf gets misconstrued.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx